TEAM FOUR

Options

Replies

• ddeliciosa
    ddeliciosa Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Queen_S_01 wrote: »
    Hi - i'm Soroya. Sorry for the late check in. I'm an accountant and this is my busy season. This is my first time doing any kind of challenge and have decided 2017 is the year to finally follow though on my promise to work out.
    :)

Hey Soroya! I can only imagine what the tax season is like for you guys, yikes. You still got some minutes in though, great job! There's a few additional challenges that are easy to complete - there's a 10 point introduction (1. Name, 2. Favorite way to exercise, 3. Where your from, 4. A brief description of where you live (I'd love to hear about Jamaica!)). You can still get three oranges in if you start tomorrow, for five points. Annnnnd.. the one I've been holding off is all those tai chi videos, for 10 points. More details are in the "WEEK ONE" discussion post. Welcome to the team :smiley:
  • tarpguys
    tarpguys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm a little confused...By miles team 1 is ahead by about 358 but we are ahead in points by 5. Does that mean we are in first or are they????

I ate my 2nd orange for snack today and finished up the videos last night. My husband and I went for a run/walk this evening so I think I'm good for today. My calves are screaming so I may need to do some more stretches. Which might be good to get a few more minutes in,hmmm?
  • plainanjelik
    plainanjelik Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    tarpguys wrote: »
    Hi all! I'm a little confused...By miles team 1 is ahead by about 358 but we are ahead in points by 5. Does that mean we are in first or are they????

I ate my 2nd orange for snack today and finished up the videos last night. My husband and I went for a run/walk this evening so I think I'm good for today. My calves are screaming so I may need to do some more stretches. Which might be good to get a few more minutes in,hmmm?

The points determine who's in the lead. Looks like we had it at some point but now we're 5 points behind. I see 1 of the heavy exercisers on team 1 has already exhausted their 700 minute contribution and another 2 are close behind so we do have a chance at taking this!

As for my update today, my 90 minute training session turned into 2 hours of torture. I ate so badly today but managed to burn over half of it off in that single session. Right now I'm in the numb twitchy stage but it probably will evolve into full on pain tomorrow.

I don't think I'll be able to do much more than a short walk or two tomorrow. Maybe some yoga would help as well. Goodnight everyone!! We can do this!!
  • darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    We are still in first place (!), but only by 15 points. I completed all the challenges today. The videos weren't bad. I was ready for the long one to be done though. I'm so glad to see that we are doing so well in this race. Last time the team was a little slow to start and the message board wasn't as active. I really think that makes a difference. Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!! I've just checked in todays workout with 106 minutes and from what I see we are still in first place and ahead by 25 points. Woo Hooo Lets keep those numbers coming!!

@dawnsch1995 - Hope you are feeling better today. xx

@ddeliciosa - Thank you for your extra 8 minutes! It was 8 closer to our desitnation!!

@lynnbaum - Well done going to the Gym!

@Queen_S_01 - Welcome!! Don't forget to work on your challenges for this week. You can find them in the Week 1 destination announcement. We could really use the extra points!

@darcijojo - I agree, it has been a great team so far and everyone is contributing with their minutes! Its nice being a part of an active team!
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    When I woke up this morning I was grumpy and annoyed, still am a little bit. But when I came to the community page and saw that in the short time since I last checked this thread, there were 18 new posts!! You are all making me so proud!!
    @Queen_S_01 thank you so much for joining in!! We need you!!
    Can I just tell you all - I have NEVER had every single team mate present on week one!! Never!! Generally there's 1-3 drop outs. I'm so proud!!!
    Just as @plainanjelik said, one person in team 1 has hit their 700 mile limit. So even if they keep logging their intense numbers, it won't help them. They've got 1 player that hasn't logged any minutes. The only "inactive" we're showing is @Queen_S_01 on the challenge side, which she has already done challenge 1 just hasn't logged yet. Make sure you do that!! :D
    That being said, were in 1st by only 5 points. Keep active today and through the weekend! Don't forget we get 10 points for every 10% over the goal miles. I'll get a good amount of minutes in this morning, but nothing extra at night. I'll be spending 3 hours in the car, then a charity event tonight. Then plan is to hit the hotel gym tomorrow morning with the hubby.

Weekends matter! Don't go MIA just cuz it's the weekend. We still need everyone :smiley: And don't forget to log EVERYTHING early on Sunday. Forgetting to log can kill the team because once the sheets are closed for the week there's no getting those numbers in.
  • aim630
    aim630 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Everyone keep up the great work! This challenge is definitely helping me not to slack off in the evenings! Hopefully next week I'll be able to get more minutes in.
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @aim630 I too wanted to blow off working out today but I am going to the gym after work tonight. So I am getting this right? If I max out at 700 min I can take a day off? I'm not a runner but as soon as it gets a little warmer I am a walker. Sun where are you??
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Anyone else dropping some pounds? I am on the low grade hill. As long as it keeps going down I will be happy. More important is that whole toning thing is going on. This is the reason I am back at body pump class. My goal is to do a strong push up in class. Right now I can go down between 1/2 and 3/4 a couple of times. I will keep it up for the 8 weeks and call this my fitness challenge. Dear child did this for a year and nailed a yoga move.
  • darcijojo
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @lynnbaum I think after you get 700 it doesn't help the team, it only goes towards your own power rankings. So if you don't care about that you can take a day off. I think if you get 700 you are going to be pretty high up anyway.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hello again team...Just got back from going a long walk with the baby and 10 year old... wasn't very fast paced but we gained good momentum toward the end. That's another 54 minutes for our team! I'm exhausted now lol.
  • darcijojo
    Options
    @lpeltenburg That made me laugh!
  • tarpguys
    tarpguys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    @lpeltenburg LOL!!! :D
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    @lpeltenburg :D:D And good job!!