January 2017 Move Your @ss Challenge

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Yesterday was donating blood to the American Red Cross but I did go to Tabata class last night. Today before the 3 grandsons got here I did 4 miles on the TM & while they played quite noisily downstairs I rode the ex bike 8 miles. I should knock out 6 tomorrow for goal & whatever more go to Mr Dave & his Dad!

exercise.png
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Wow, sorry..seriously MIA here but I've been moving!

exercise.png

• scarfe9991
    Dave, I am so very sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and your family.

I would also love to run an extra mile for Dave this month!
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    1/27 - 3.35 miles walking
    Total for month - 73.66 of 155 miles
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    adding 4.1 miles

exercise.png
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    4.03 miles walked today

120.25 miles walked to date
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    edited January 2017
    Walked a mile with the fur babies this morning. Was planning on going 2 for Dave & his dad but it was very cold & windy so I came home & got on TM for the 2nd mile. After that & cleaning our house I hit goal with 6 from the ex bike.

exercise.png
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,898 Member
    edited January 2017
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

Congratulations for making goal going out to lovemyalex and to me!

@Dave - lamm84416 and scarfe are also going an extra mile for you :)<3

I did my extra mile for Dave and his dad today and spent time thinking about all the people who continue to touch our lives after they are gone.

Regarding the extra miles - I haven't taken miles from anyone yet. If you pledged to go an extra mile for Dave and his dad I raised your goal by a mile. Dave is very close to making goal on his own. If he doesn't make it by Monday I'll take donated miles and apply them until he gets over the goal line. It may be random where I I get them from though LOL. But in the meantime keep posting as you do your extra mile so Dave knows you're thinking of him.
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,898 Member
    clepant wrote: »
    @Janet: Did you get my two miles for Dave that I posted yesterday?

Dave....miss you. Hugs!

Jan. 27:Adding 11 miles for 5 miles for walking and 6 miles cycling today.
    TTD: 300.05 miles

exercise.png

@clepant - I'm not sure if I got them or not *feeling confused*. I haven't posted any donated miles to Dave yet. I have your total at 289.05 - if they're not in there let me know and I'll add them. I'm not going to move any miles to Dave until Monday when we see how far he gets on his own. Hope this makes sense!!!
  • lamm84416
    lamm84416 Posts: 709 Member
    edited January 2017
    Monday 1/23 : 6.77 miles
    Tuesday 1/24 : 6.69 miles
    Wednesday 1/25 : 7 miles
    Thursday 1/26 : 5.89 miles
    Friday 1/27 : 6.03 miles

113.04 miles month to date

@JTH11706 :D Well, it looks like I went over by quite a bit. I didn't do any walking today but plan to tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday and those will be in Dave's honor.
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,339 Member
    JTH11706 wrote: »
    clepant wrote: »
    @Janet: Did you get my two miles for Dave that I posted yesterday?

Dave....miss you. Hugs!

Jan. 27:Adding 11 miles for 5 miles for walking and 6 miles cycling today.
    TTD: 300.05 miles

exercise.png

@clepant - I'm not sure if I got them or not *feeling confused*. I haven't posted any donated miles to Dave yet. I have your total at 289.05 - if they're not in there let me know and I'll add them. I'm not going to move any miles to Dave until Monday when we see how far he gets on his own. Hope this makes sense!!!

Perfectly!
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,339 Member
    edited January 2017
    Jan. 28: Adding 10.5 miles today. Walked 3 miles and cycled 10.5 miles
    TTD: 313.55 miles

I had quite an interesting day today. It did not turn out the way I had planned. I got up early with the intent of driving to our local Sam's Club and coming back home to do a long training run. As I was about a mile from my home I saw what I thought was a deer cross the road ahead and run into someone's yard. I slowed down in case others crossed the road and to my surprise a big yellow lab ran out behind my car. When I stopped to get the dog, a car behind came up behind me. The lady stopped and the dog jumped up at her door and ran off. My love for animals made me turn my car around and go look. He was out on some busy roads and I did not want him killed. After a 10 min. search I find him running through a back yard. I stop and call and he comes. I grab his collar and open my back hatch of my Suburban and he jumped in. He had a name tag and it took me five minutes to get the number and address because he was panting so hard and licking me in the face. I call both numbers and no answer. I track his home through my On-Star and find he is 3.5 miles from home. I get him home but no owners. So I get back in my vehicle to pull up to a neighboring house when he jumps in the front seat. I guess he thought I was leaving. The neighbors let their dogs out in the adjourning fenced in yard and he goes crazy leaning on my steering wheel while I was backing out of the driveway. My horn is going off and my wheel turns an I go right into their mailbox breaking it off. Great! I drive up to the neighbors home and beep the horn. My extra leash is in my storage box which my hubby took out of my vehicle yesterday so I could throw my bike in the back. The neighbors are staring at me out the window and no one comes. I go to get out of my car to go to their door and Luke almost knocks me over to get out and it is taking every bit of strength to hold this massive dog back. I get the door shut and finally unlatch a bungee cord with a snap hook on it from the back seat that I use to keep it folded up so my dogs can get in the back easier. The dog is dragging me across the neighbors front lawn in the snow. The neighbors open the door and he literally pulls me inside where I plead that I am not some crazy person and explain that I found their neighbors dog but no one is home. The owners tell me that he can stay with them and I tell them that I took out the dog owners mailbox and will pay for it. Now I go back to check the mailbox and get it of the street and find that it is one of those..."we all have the same mailboxes" that are made of heavy medal and cost several hundred dollars because the home is in a neighborhood of $700,000.00 homes and the dog owner is a dentist. On top of this, my tail light is smashed. So I am now waiting to get a new light from my auto garage. Several hours later the owner calls and tells me that he has been at his son's hockey game in Port Huron, MI and that they left the dog with a dog sitter and when the sitter opened the door thei dog took off. They are on the way home and so happy I found their dog. The dog got out 2 miles north of me and was actually about 5 miles from the sitter. My car garage repairs my car and I now have a $200.00 repair bill. But the dog is alive and my car repair garage owner tells me about two bizarre cases where two people are suing him. His business has been so slow and having me come in instead of gong to the dealership brightened his day. I never got my run in but the dog is safe and I gave a struggling business owner some work. It was a good day.
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,459 Member
    01/22 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer (another depressed day, just mindless pedaling)
    01/23 - 01.0 miles rest day walk
    01/24 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer (needed to blow off steam and stress)
    01/25 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer (biopsy negative)
    01/25 - 01.0 miles walk
    01/26 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer (just a spin, legs very heavy)
    01/27 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer (the weather has not cooperated this week & roads too messy with debris)
    01/28 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer (new wound care regimen is already a royal pain in the....)

Total: 490.0 miles

exercise.png

• Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,791 Member
    1/28
    19.66 miles (Dave's miles)
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    167.29 miles

exercise.png

• scarfe9991
    Clepant that is quite a day! Glad you were able to get the dog safely home

Adding a little over 10 today from running

exercise.png

• micheleg1965
    micheleg1965 Posts: 440 Member
    Walked 2 miles today.
    49.99/60 total miles
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,188 Member
    Adding 8 miles for 71 out of 200.

Adding 19 miles for 90 out of 200.

Adding 13 miles for 103 out of 200

Adding 13 miles for 116 out of 200

Adding 9 miles for 225 out of 200

Adding 20 miles for 145 out of 200. :-) Thanks for catching that Dave. :smile:

Adding 24 miles for 170 out of 200.

My math is terrible after a hard workout. How about 169 for the last one. Adding another 12 today for 181 out of 200. Now going to have to go back and check the rest of my math. :smile:

Adding 18 miles for 199 out of 201

Adding 7 miles for 206 out of 201. GOAL!!!! :smile:
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    edited January 2017
    25 Jan 6.5 miles
    26 Jan 6 miles
    27 Jan 12 miles
    28 Jan 9 miles
    29 Jan 10.3 miles

MTD 239.5 miles

Gone some extra miles for @Dave!