Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, losers! I hope you guys are doing well and headed for a fantastic weekend. I am still bored to no end, but not sure what to do about it. Watching tv all day is NOT an option. I may bump up my gym time and make an effort to go to the pool on Mondays again. I am doing 75 minutes (training/pool) each Wednesday/Friday.

Marie...glad Missy has warmed up to you guys!
    Ruthie...glad your hubs is on the mend. I know it has been a trying time for you.
    Shirley...enjoy your time with the grandson. I cannot wait to hold mine!
    Nancy, Janice...hope all is well with you guys.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Good Saturday morning January 28
    My oldest brother would have been 88 today. He died a few years back.

i am cooking some stewed Okra and tomatoes in my crock pot this morning But wont be ready by lunch time. But will enjoy it for my dinner Maybe with a corn muffin and a fruit.Will have to figure out a meal for lunch. I have no left overs.May be just a fruit bowl and oatmeal,. that my go to meals when I do not have anything prepare . it is so easy and so good.And so filling.

the sun is shinning brightly this morning. Will climb to the sixty today. rather cool right now.
    Alice will be out tomorrow. I need help on my I pad. It will not let me on Facebook and have to sign in on MFP Hope she can figure it out for me. So irritating

Well I am off to get some chores done. #1 projects clean out my fridge
    See you later-Marie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Marie - Happy cooking today and hope you can get back into Facebook soon.

We are getting snow today and the side roads are very slick, the main roads are okay.
    Isaac will be coming aroundf 4pm so just waiting for him.

Shirley
  • cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hey!! Just checking in...glad to see everyone is still here!!

I fell off hard, just trying to get it back together. Hope everyone is doing well!!
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hello Cristina 0000 A pleasure seeing you again.I think we all fall off at some point. or we would not be here. But we keep plugging along and do the best we can. -Marie

Cristina You are always welcome back here.
  • lovesretirement
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Morning, losers,

Christina...welcome back! It happens to all of us so put it behind you and carry on with a plan that suits you and your lifestyle.
    Shirley...I know you had a wonderful evening with the baby.

Lots of sunshine but cold this morning. I made chicken and kale soup in the crockpot yesterday, and it was very good. Will have that again today and may freeze the rest. I am adding back a few non-starchy carbs this week by eating more veggies and low sugar berries. The real focus will be on getting more protein in. Something has to change to progress to the next mini goal of getting under 190 by spring!

Make it a great day!
    Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Alice got my Facebook fixed Now i can sign in and it remembers me the same with my fitness pal. We went to my favorite Mexican restaurant and yes i did get off plan. But it will be awhile before we go back. Also stop at Aldi here in Mesquite Lot closer to us instead of going to Forney they have fire roasted tomatoes that i really like. I made a sauce out of okra, onion and tomatoes sauce that is really good. Will have it over brown rice tonight.
    Also got me some card stock to try to make some valentine cards But My embroidery machine is acting up.But i still prefer Walmart for I can get in one of their electric cart and go where I want to go. And they have everything I could possible want.
    Have a wonderful day. Absolutely generous here today. Some spring flowers are popping up now like dandelion Its a coming. Spring that is.
    Take care -Marie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    We had a great time with Isaac, he is talking all the time now and we can figure out what he saying more and more. He is so much fun!!

I logged my food today but too many carbs, pancakes for all of us this morning and leftover pizza.
    Tomorrow another day and I will get back to less carbs and more protein too.

Good to see you Cristina!

Shirley
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have been reading all the posts. Just haven't been very talkative. I'm doing very well all things considered. Been hitting the pool most every day until I got a cold that my hubby shared with me. I have been hitting the weight room at the rec center every other day as well. Weather finally broke and the sun is out. I walked around the lake with my youngest girl this morning. And I walked her to church this afternoon. Knee is holding well. Can't complain there. Been having issues with the right knee now. But it isn't the greatest shape because of so many years of overcompensating. Doc hopes I have a few thousand more miles on it but I'm not sure it will last me until next summer. I see the doc September 1st. He said we will re-evaluate the right knee then. But if it has to be replaced I will not get it done until summer of '18 because if the weather in the fall, winter, and spring up here. Rain, rain, wind, and more rain. We usually get around 120 inches of rain between October 1 and April 30. There is no way I will be caught dead on crutches or in shorts during those months unless it is an emergency. And May is always tied up with ballet so nothing will happen until next June at the earliest if it needs replaced. Oh well. I can suck it up.

Esther
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Morning, friends!
    Esther...good to hear from you.
    Shirley...I know you totally enjoyed the grandson.
    Marie...glad your logging in problems are solved.

I am back from a great Aquazumba class! It's amazing how a little change in food can make you feel. For the last 3 days, I have upped the protein, added some carbs like strawberries to a protein shake, and more veggies. I feel energized this morning. I am cooking cabbage and ground beef/tomatoes in the crockpot.

Make it a great day!
    Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    YOUR CABBAGE SOUNDS GOOD I WILL HAVE TO TRY IT WITH PINTO BEANS. SOMEDAY.today i AM HAVING STEWED TOMATO, ONION AND A CAN OF ROASTED FIRE HOUSE TOMATOES i GOT From Aldi OVER BROWN RICE. the other day they are really good have roasted peppers and they are not hot at all just a good flavor In fact Alice and I went back to Aldi yesterday and I stock up on them. and I stock up on them with some fresh veggies.-Marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi misfits,
    It has been such a beautiful day and I was inside cleaning house most of the day.

Connie, Glad you are shaking up your menu. I know one can really get burned out on certain foods if eaten too often.

Marie, Glad Alice got you FB going again and sounds like you are getting back in your grove again with you beans and rice.

Esther, Good to hear from you. You are always busy doing something. So glad your knee is doing so good.

Janice, How are things going with you??? Hope you are doing good.

Ruthie, Hope things improve with your husband problems since the accident. I know it must put stress on you.

Shirley, You must enjoy Isaac so much. He will be talking up a storm soon.

Nancy
  • cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I'm trying my best to focus again and be consistent! So far not a bad day eating, still need to track it to make sure though.

I'm headed to a bootcamp workout class...wish me luck!!
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Morning, misfits!

Nancy...how are you doing?
    Cristina...a return to basics always helps.
    Marie...my cabbage was good and there is enough to freeze for later. I will eat chicken/kale soup and a big salad today for the main meal.

My DIL was admitted to the hospital for observation. Her blood pressure is elevated. She's in the last month as the baby is due March 3. I am hoping the doc will order her to stop working as that is what is so stressful right now.

I am down .2 this morning, and I feel sure more will follow. I have been eating strictly on plan and adjusted macros to more protein, more carbs, less fat. Calories are set at 1250. Maybe this will get me into the 180s before I have another big stall and have to change again! I waited too long to change my food/calories. Once the stall lingered into 2-3 months, I should have changed my eating. Live and learn.

Just for today: I will stay on plan.

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    i got a ccrck pot. But don' pot of beans cgoing to make beans and rice fo have today.
    Who knos i may get as goood as easther is with hers nd cook. Everything in my crockpot.
    Easter thing to cook inthing you cook yor you what is your thing you cook in youts? i seems to like. Mexican food in mine.but don't have roo many recipes yer. Just give mr time

Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    So this is the last day of January. A new month tomorrow.
    By the way I really like us posting our meals for today. on this site For we all need to focus our minds on the food we put in our mouth. I will have a s Small salad with my beans and rice.. Since we are going to Walmart this morning I will get me some potato salad and have some baked beans , salad for lunch. I buy a small tub and have it for lunch several days from there Deli. Have a great day. Misfits
    Marie.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I had to come back and see if i posted my meal for tonight. i see I did not so I am having steams potatoes, mash avocado with some taco sauce spread on the potatoes with a dab of potato cheese sauce.. Baked apple wit cinnamon and a little brown sugar in the hole. Some blueberries of top of the potatoes. That will be it for today.
    Marie
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Hi, I made chili today with a pork loin, it is less calories than hamburger or ground turkey. I have done this before and it is just as good.

For January I set a goal to atleast walk 5000 steps a day. I had'nt wore my fit gear since I was hospitalized at the end of August. I ended up with alittle over 90 miles for the month, it was 20 miles over my original goal for the month. I was pretty pleased with my results .For February I am going to keep it the same, it's still too cold for me to be out walking, I do it in my heated garage and just being busy in the house.

Basically no change to speak of in my weight it has jumped arounder a couple of pounds, but not a whole pound less differerent today. Still in the 180's
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Morning, friends and hello February!
    Janice...so good to here from you!
    Marie...your apples sound delish!

I plan to warm up the leftover ground beef and cabbage and have a big salad as the main meal. I have added back a protein shake with berries and yogurt or cottage cheese with no sugar peaches. My morning meal is still light with tea and boiled eggs. The added protein and carbs have been very satisfying and I am not going to bed hungry. I still stop eating around 4 in the afternoon so I am ready my tea/eggs when I get up. The scale has me down .06 this morning and I am taking it!

DIL is still being observed but doing well. My son's b-day is tomorrow so we will go down and take him to lunch and visit with them.

Make it a great day, losers!

Just for today: Follow my plan.

Connie

• eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good morning misfits,

Connie, I am just hanging in as best as I can. Not seeing any results but trying to stay around 1200 cals/day.! So happy that you continue to move closer to your goal.

We were excited to attend our grandsons signing for a full football scholarship this morning. He is such a sweet and kind young man. Will try to attach a picture of Ben and I with him.
    qnc9ufo0aqlq.png

Have a good day. Nancy