Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    So far Connie it has been working for me. But the old saying when you are on a diet you are setting yourself up for a big day of getting off the plan. so here hoping this is a life time change, I am on.So far so good. Well off to cook me a big bake sweet potatoes for lunch. So far it has been easy cooking for me.A potatoes or beans at every meal.Along with some non starch veggies and 2 fruit a day.
    Alice thinks I am eating weird but when we go out to eat she makes sure they have what i can eat. which is usually a bake potato , a naked one.and a salad.I take my own salad dressing to be sure I don't get any fat.I do have to be prepare. But its worth it to see these lbs start droping steady

I was really surprise this morning after eating 5 red potatoes last night to see my blood sugar at 112. this morning. and no low blood sugar. which as been my biggest problems of triggering my uncontrolable of eating the wrong carbs

Sorry to ramble on so much about Me. you all feel like my family

See you later.
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I put the wrong numbers on my Check in on MFP. But corrected it and should be correct next time i check in.
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Marie, So happy that you have found your plan. It's amazing that your blood sugar is stable, it just defies what
    we have been told that carbs are bad for diabetics and raise blood sugar.

Janice, Hope you get your medical problems taken care of soon. I know you will be relieved to get it behind you.

Connie, You are so steadfast in your journey and you will defy those scales soon.
    I get so frustrated at times with my going down one pound and up one pound, really gets on my nerves!!!!

Shirley, Hope you had a good visit with Isaac.

Ruthie, How are you doing???

Steph, I hope you are doing ok.

Esther, Is everything going well with you?

Nancy

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    We are having a beautiful day and warm, I got out the capris pants and short sleeve top. It will change on the weekend to the 50's again. It just doesn't want to stay warm.

I had a wonderful visit with Isaac, he is interacting so much now and he makes us laugh with his antics.
    I was playing on the floor with him and he crawled over to me sat on my lap and put his head on my chest. Brought tears to my eyes, now I know what everyone talks about being grandparents. It sure is a wonderful feeling. <3 I will try and post a picture, he is moving around so much now its hard to get a
    picture but I think Dave got a few.

I went for a walk this morning have to pack for the weekend, we are visiting our friends in London, ON.
    and leaving tomorrow afternoon.

We planted our butterfly bushes and some wild flower and forget-me-not seeds. I am watering everyday
    to see if anything will come up. The nursery said they may come up in the Fall since I planted in the Spring. Time will tell. We still have to do more planting but waiting for no more frost.

Dave is down at the boat working and possibly have the boat in the water next week.

Shirley

• SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I'm doing good. Crazy.......but good. The usual story. I have been reading all the posts while sitting in the bathroom because sadly that's the only time I have had to read them. And there were time when I would try to post but I would fall asleep before I finished it my mind would shut off and I couldn't even type anything. Will post later when I have more time

Esther
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :)Marie, I have maintained my weight loss for years staying with my plan. I didn't change it when I lost weight. I have a friend who weighs and measures everything she eats...she eats no white flour and no sugar...she carries a food scale with her into restaurants and asks lots of questions about the food she orders...when she travels she brings her own food....she has lost over 100 pounds and kept the weight off for over two years so far....don't worry if your food plan is "weird"...your health is the most important thing.

<3 Barbie
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Good morning ladies.catching up while in the waiting room for my annual gyn.

We returned from the beach last night so I'll weigh in a day or two. I tried to enjoy but not over indulge. I think I did ok. Plus lots of physical activity playing in the ocean with my boys. It was cold water and rough waves at times but we had so much fun. The highs were in the low 80s which was perfect.

Congrats Marie on reaching another goal. I always feel accomplished when I move into a lower decade!

I'll catch up with everyone individually this weekend. Tonight starts a soccer tournament for my oldest and I need to stock up at the grocery store before that.

Happy Friday,
    Ruthie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hello Losers,

I had Yoga class this morning and now finishing packing for the weekend. We are visiting our friends
    in London, ON. Leaving shortly so have a good weekend everyone!

Shirley
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Good afternoon,
    I havent been up to much lately, its been rainy around here. Yesterday I made stuffed red peppers for dinner and ate a salad with it. Getting my vegetables in. Glad everyone is doing good and enjoying Spring vacationing. I wanted to check in and say Hi, have a good weekend everyone. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Marie, I have maintained my weight loss for years staying with my plan. I didn't change it when I lost weight. I have a friend who weighs and measures everything she eats...she eats no white flour and no sugar...she carries a food scale with her into restaurants and asks lots of questions about the food she orders...when she travels she brings her own food....she has lost over 100 pounds and kept the weight off for over two years so far....don't worry if your food plan is "weird"...your health is the most important thing.

<3 Barbie

Thanks barbie I remember your losing days very well. you sort of lost 3 lbs each week by eating baically the same thing every day.I really like this plan. I have join a facebook group called 100% month challenge of eating strickly on plan. and believe it or not i have not eaten off plan. A miracle for me In the nine years (almost) i have know you you have seen me go thru one diet after another well tis one is at last seems to be the one I have been seeking.

• eyegirl777va
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @barbiecat Barbie, What plan helped you reach your goal and stay there!!! That is remarkable and I admire you greatly.
    Nancy :)
  • barbiecat
    Options
    @barbiecat Barbie, What plan helped you reach your goal and stay there!!! That is remarkable and I admire you greatly.
    Nancy :)

:)Nancy, my plan is Isagenix along with weighing and measuring everything I eat and posting it on MFP....I don't eat recreational sugar or use food as recreation or entertainment or comfort. I plan my food for the day and stick with my plan no matter what. I monitor my food diary to find ways to make the most of the calories. I seek every opportunity to be active to burn as many calories as possible.

<3 Barbie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Thanks Barbie, Awesome!!!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :) My projects for the day are laundry, sorting old pictures, pulling weeds, walking the dogs, walking with a friend, bagging pills for the week. I do the big projects in 15-60 minute blocks over as many days or weeks as I need. There is always something interesting to do and a lot of them burn calories.

<3 Barbie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Barbie you are so organized.

-Marie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Good morning, misfits!

Barbie...good to see you here!

Marie...your food is awesome!

Nancy, Shirley, Janice...a big shout out to you guys!

We are enjoying gorgeous weather and stayed out most of the day yesterday. I plan to throw steaks on the grill today as it will be nice again. Adding a big salad will finish our meal...so easy. It's middle of May so I need to take a hard look at my food diary. I have not been logging as much since I eat the same everyday, but I am thinking that I may be eating more than I should be. Now is not the time for complacency! Gotta get to 199.

Make it a great day, losers!
    Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I am still holding on to the 178's so I am a happy camper
    Alice is coming out so we shall hunt up a place that have baked potatoes and veggies. But you know what I just as soon stay home. and eat my own cooking. Did not think I world ever say that.

I have order. Some nutrional yeast to make some vegan sheese sauce. You used potatoes and carrots and spices top make it. It really looks like it too.. I also,found out. How to make veggie milk too.

Ok gals I am off to get my day rolling.
    Have a great day friends

Glad to see Barbie posting again

Marie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi all,

jutst checking in! great job marie, very impressive, just goes to show it is not about the carbs:)

connie, doesn't look like you are eating to much but maybe switch it up a little. i am the worst at this but i do think your body gets use to eating the same thing just like the exercise. just a suggestion.

anyhow, rest day for me but am going to try and get to yoga with hubby later.

have a great day everyone.

Stephanie
  • CALIECAT
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Alice and I went to cheddar's for lunch today I had a veggies plate of 2 baked naked potatoes. steam broccoli and steam carrots with no added oil or butter, salad with no dressing ice tea So much food I had to bring half of it home for tonight dinner. I would say I was compliant on my meal. i ate till i was full and that what Dr/McDougal starch solution said to do.. I plan on grilling my baked potatoe with some liquor smoke sauce on My george foreman griller. Maybe my broccoli and carrots too. will take a picture tonight.
    Marie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Morning, friends! Happy Monday!

Marie...you are on it, girl! So glad you have found the way for your body!

Steph...I had movie popcorn and candy this weekend and while it was not a carb load, there was a small increase in weight. Maybe that will be enough to shake it up. If not, I may try some different foods but still keep it low carb. I think my body is just being stubborn...have not been under 200 in six years!

It's a beautiful day here, and I am going to the gym for pool exercise this morning. I hope all of you have a great day.

Stay strong! We can do this!

Connie