Trusting the Process

Options
15678911»

Replies

• jvezzsb01
    jvezzsb01 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to hear about your measurements with your workouts!! Your building some serious muscle, it's awesome.
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Yay on losing inches! The weight increase is definitely fluctuation from the increase, you got that right. I can't wait to hear about you measurements! Are you excited for meso 2? 2 and three are my favorites!

Tereza
    Team EM2WL Trainer
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I'll take inches loss over scale loss any day!
    Well done for getting to the end of Meso 1! It's really tough!
    Hope you like Meso 2 & 3.
    I loved M2, but M3, my true love!
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Scale going up with this last increase of 100 cal a day. I know it's just a number. I weight weekly to monitor how I'm doing with TDEE. I really needed a pick me up so took measurements. If numbers are correct, I lost 2.5 inches at my hips and 1 inch at my waist. So yes, scale is just a number. I'll be done with meso 1 on Friday so official weight in and measurements will be taken on Sunday. Here's to a good showing in Sunday.

If it helps mentally to do math, it can usually point out the fact the scale isn't showing what the weight is.

Let's pretend that increase of 100 calories was truly over your real TDEE, so eating in surplus. And who knows, maybe it was for a day or two until energy level made you burn more.

It would take you 35 days to slooowwwlllyyy gain 1 (one) whole pound of fat.

And the normal water weight fluctuations would likely cause that to be impossible to even see in that length of time.
    The odds of presenting the exact same hydrated body on the scale to see that - well, just go buy lottery tickets if you can make that happen!
  • brileylmt
    brileylmt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is just a number. My focus is on inches lost, body fat % changes, increase in weights on lifting and how my clothes fit. It takes a bit but the letting go of my obsession with the scale has greatly decreased. Now it's once a month that I take all the measurements to see how I'm doing to make any needed adjustments.
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @beverlyriley900
    Yes! You are doing so well. Not only physically, which is fantastic results BTW, but also letting go of the scale is a HUGE accomplishment.
    Well done you!
    Ichel
    Team EM2WL
  • tj0861
    tj0861 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Today is official weigh/measure day. I am done with meso 1 and I'm on active recovery week. My weight is up, not concerned about that hubby and I had date night last night so I splurged. Body fat is the same, not worried about that either as it's trending down. Measurements are down 1 inch at waist, 3 inches at hips, 1.5 inches at right thigh and 2 inches at left thigh. This is compared to last month. So excited about results so far. Have a blessed day everyone.

I am so jealous!!! I cannot seem to get those kind of results!!! You're rocking it!!
  • jvezzsb01
    jvezzsb01 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Awesome results, Beverly!!
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Great results!! You're all over this!