Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,087 Member
    Options
    925070e2wqa74sl9.gif

I hope you are having a great day Becky!

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    My memory is blank, but Happy Birthday, BECKY! LIN and SANDY still have young brains! I spent much of the afternoon up in the nursing floor. Still a painful visit for me, but I have several friends up there, and it gets lonely without visitors. I'm going to grab a light ight as i want to watch Dateline tonight remembering 50 years of Tom Brokaw; oh my!
    JACKIE, your spa visit looks wonderful and so do you! JERI, you left me spinning with your fitbit item and sharing with your friend who's in Florida! You are doing spectacularly and keep it up! SANDY, I tend to fall asleep at too many movies but never at the ones that interest me! My daughter mentioned one she thought I should see called Hidden Figures, about the women behind the space flights. MARCELLA, great goals and I might borrow a few, especially more sleep! LIN, do you have any limits to your many agendas? You deserve a medal, dear! Must apologize if I left anyone out, but I, too , lose posts unless I remember to put them on Notebook first! I forgot today. Hi BARBIE, always nice to see you check back. And MARIE, keeping up your good eating habit, Sis! How's the new "baby"?
    <3 Buzz
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    We had a great time with Isaac he is talking so much now, still trying to make out some of his words but
    he is talking all the time. He is so much fun and he didn't miss mommy and daddy when they went out for the evening. I sure am tired he is one busy boy. Today we spent most of the day watching movies.
    We did have a snow storm last night and blizzard conditions.

Jackie - Happy to see you are back and your spa vacation looks wonderful according to your pictures.

Barbie - You seem to be all healed now and enjoying your dancing and walking again. My walking is limited now due to my knee which I will have more information on soon with 2 apts. coming up in February.

Going to watch Victoria and Mercy Street on Masterpiece Theatre. Love Masterpiece Theatre.

Missing Isaac already.

Shirley
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Isaac and grandpa watching a kids show.

0d1kkcquorzv.jpg

Shirley
  • Shirley61
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECKY

928246oyuluc5om6.gif
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Becky! :)
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Becky

Fun day today with Melissa and her family. I made Sloppy Joes on lettuce for me instead of hot dogs and fries. I certainly enjoyed that better.

I didn't ride my bike today - needed a rest but I have 10,381 steps in which is my goal. Most of that was accomplished by my 1 hour walk.

Tomorrow I will have the day to myself. Ed is taking Zach and Sammy ice fishing. They'll have fun.

See you all tomorrow.

Jeri
  • linder4866
    Options
    Off to try the Artist's Group. Why do I always get nervous when trying something new?

Have a healthy day everyone.

Hugs.

Lin
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    My eats today.
    Brown rice with stewed tomatoes and as can of Aldi's dice tomatoes with roasted with fire roasted peppers. they are not hot just a wonderful flavor .. in fact Alice and i went to aldi's yesterday so I could stock up on them.They are that good---marie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,039 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! :) Laundry day and cleaning girl day!! Nothing else going on, other than riding my bike.

Marie, back to cooking healthy meals, you must be feeling good.

Lin, with your talent you shouldn't be nervous about an Artist's Group.

Jeri, sloppy joes sound so good and on lettuce healthy. I know you enjoy those grandkids and they will have fun with grandpa ice fishing. Enjoy your rest day!

Shirley, love the picture of Isaac with grandpa, both look so intense in what they are watching. Was it wonderful having him spend the night, I am so jealous. You made me laugh when you said you are making out some of his words. Robby makes his own words up to stay in the adult conversation which makes me laugh.

Buzz, visiting your friends on the nursing floor is hard but think of the people who you are cheering up by visiting them. Everyone loves you and your wonderful personality.

Enjoy your day and keep smiling it drives people crazy!!

Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Yes i am going to change. My diet somwhat. the basic plant food. . Iam cutting out all canned good except-canned tomatos for they are so easy to used and so handy will be using all frozen or fresh veggies.I have been eating too many crackers , no bread , my feet are still swollen and see if i can getback in the loseing streak again. And cut this non sense complerly out of my life i can do it. And i will from this day foward. Also cut out canned fruit pack in juice wll be fresh or frozen. And watch my gluten more closer? I go tp my prinmary docter thurs.

-marie

- marie
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Confession time! On the scales this morning I discovered I've gained 4 lbs on my break so must now work hard to remove the excess as soon as I can and continue to work towards my goal. Of course I knew it would happen with all that food and alcohol and little or no exercise and just shows how quickly we can put it on!! A busy day travelling to my nearest city of Plymouth to lunch with a friend before a dentist appointment for a check up..... no problems! Did some food shopping on the way home and impressed myself with a trolley full of fruit, salad and veggies.

A couple more photos of the Lake District
    ezbcmyndyixv.jpg
    g5k39nhrl21p.jpg

Already 10pm here and I want to watch BBC news before bedtime which because I've got swimming and yoga tomorrow, I mustn't leave too late.

Jackie

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,039 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Jackie, Diane posted this on Facebook! Get the guest rooms ready!
    This is Cornwell!
    yxmfr8b8no8d.jpg

Well that does it...It is time for all of us Golden Sneakers to go pay Jackie a visit. It is gorgeous there. No wonder she takes so many walks...:)
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    And here I thought a "SPA" vacation would be a lesson in healthy living, lol! ;) JACKIE, I know it was a lovely break and a relaxing trip, so you will lose those 4 pounds and have wonderful memories! Life has to be about more than constant worry about weight! And make room for me, if SANDY will let me join her! You do indeed live in a dreamland.
    So...while trying to place Becky, i wondered where PATSY is. Anyone hear from her?
    SANDY, I'm glad you mentioned your cleaning lady, so I remembered to pick up before mine comes Thursday! I suddenly seem to have little time for straightening out, between my exercise classes, volunteer work, visits, etc. I just signed up for a 20 week commitment for a course of brain exercise! I worry I'm forgetting too many things lately. I guess one of the tricks is learning MANY new things rather than concentrating on one or two and doing them well! More, with less perfection, I think is where it's going, but I'll share the lessons to some degree if anyone wants .... if I remember!
    Today was somewhat of a cold spell, around 50 degrees, and after the rain yesterday, my knees and other joints made today's Total Workout almost impossible for me. I did what I could but mostly swayed while the instructor marched! I had a late lunch and just did not feel like going down to the dining room, so for the first time, I brought dinner up to my apartment and ate about 1/2 of what I would have with a sociable dinner! Interesting!
    LIN, my thinking says you get nervous about new classes because you feel you should be perfect in all you attempt. It's OK to mess up occasionally and we all do when first learning a new area. I mess up all the time, and hope no one notices, but in truth, everyone is concentrating on themselves and never notice the mistakes of others! So just have fun at your art groups and forget being nervous!
    SHIRLEY, how delightful for you and SANDY to be watching your little grandsons develop their speech skills! It's often comical, but sometimes we learn from their little minds!
    JERI, ED and the boys will enjoy fishing and I hope you will enjoy total relaxation!
    MARIE, it sounds as if you are doing the right thing food wise, and I wonder if you really need to cut out gluten, since you don't have celiac disease, and simply count your carbs? You've lost quite a bit of weight as I recall. Do you allow yourself time to sit with your legs and feet raised to help those swollen ankles? Might one of your medications be affecting them,,, or are you watching sodium when you buy canned vegetables? Tomatoes are usually packed with salt unless you look for low salt cans. I'm allowed to comment since you're my li'l sis!
    Hi, Marcella. Hope your days are going well.
    My email has zoomed since the new WH occupants, and since there's not a blessed thing I can do to influence the new crowd, I shall open and delete most of it and get some early sleep!
    <3 Buzz
  • linder4866
    Options
    Good evening. Interesting day. So sunny and warm, with snow disappearing. I made it through the artist group. Now that I have been through my first time there I hope subsequent visits will be more comfortable. Lots of curiosity about me, what I do and several people wanted to see everything I'd brought along. Lots of compliments (which were not to be believed I am certain) but much too much attention. There are several extremely talented people there.

Hugs to all. I am ready to take my book and read myself to sleep.

A big day tomorrow with Mah Jongg on my schedule. :D:D

Lin
  • linder4866
    Options
    Oh and I love the photos Jackie. What lovely scenery. <3

Buzz, you keep yourself beyond busy. Your new commitment intrigues me, my brain could use some help.

Marie, good cooking and okanning my friend.

Lin
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    4de7yh8m1h71.jpg

f3xgcwoa58wy.jpg

It was a long day on Sunday but everything went just as we'd hoped. Bess arrived on her flight from Houston and we drove her home. Bess is sweet and darling. She is shy and timid but she did her business, walked on a leash, went to Petco to get a new collar, had a new coat ordered for her, and ate most of her dinner. She chose a spot behind my chair as her comfort zone. Today she went on a long walk with Sasha and me and later learned to jump up on the couch and get in bed to take a nap with Jake and the pets and me. We are all slowly getting to know each other.
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    BARBIE, looks like it's always been this way! She looks like a love, and Sasha appears totally accepting of Bess. You and JAKE look fabulous and happy and all's well in your world, I hope!
    LIN, you are definitely too hard on yourself! Your work IS lovely and you have many talents, so just smile when you are complimented and accept that people look up to you!
    Now, having discovered Bill Maher on You Tube, and succumbed to a few episodes, I'm really off to bed!
    <3 Buzz
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Our leisure centre that was run by the local government has recently been sold on to a non-profit making concern and what a difference! Warm changing rooms, warm pool, cleaner, brighter.... just shows when it's not all about money a business can run efficiently. Had a relaxing swim and now chilling before George is taken for his 2nd walk of the day in what is becoming atrocious weather. Rain, wind but unnaturally warm.

Sandy ~ That photo Diane posted looks like Lanhydrock House which is just down the road from me. Owned by our National Trust it's kept in pristine condition and walks around the house show what life was really like way back when. I'm already cleaning out the garden shed and installing bunk beds!!! :D

Barbie ~ Bess looks so happy and settled in your photos and if she's already into your routine, including rest time on the bed, then she's surely a very happy girl. There are too many sad stories about abandoned and mistreated dogs so it's a joy to learn of one happy ending! <3 You and Jake look remarkably well too and of course those big grins say it all!!!!

Buzz ~ Lack of concentration when I'm doing more than one task is something I'm often berating myself about as that's when I tend to forget where I've put something or to pick up an item that's going out with me, usually car keys or training treats, things I can't go far without. Of course I get so cross with myself so any guidance from your classes will be gratefully received by this colander brain!! Too much discord and arguing on our news these days that drives me away from it all and my head is now firmly stuck in the sand! As you say, it's all out of our hands. Patsy posted just after Christmas that she hadn't been well so hopefully there's nothing too seriously wrong.
    On Sunday afternoon I popped round to my neighbours to thank them for looking after my cats and caught them in the middle of tidying their cottage.... the cleaner was arriving Monday morning!!! We all do it and I'm the same when the dog groomer is coming so George gets a thorough brush and tidy from me!

Lin ~ Buzz is right, you mustn't put yourself down but rather be proud of the beautiful crafts you create and soak up the compliments. You are wonderfully talented in all you do. <3

One last photo, this one taken early in the morning when I walked from the hotel to the lake which is Windermere having seen a mist on the water and sun creeping up from behind some trees. I met an interesting gentleman with his dog and camera, obviously a local, who told me he walked along the small beach every morning but rarely saw such a scene so I felt privileged to be there.
    4ra1ibjo6sjz.jpg

Time for me to get on with a few chores.
    Jackie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Welcome to the sneakers bess we all been waiting to meet you. and you are a darling. And Barbie you and Jim looking just fantastic. Especially you Barbie By the way are you still teaching line Dancing? I have not heard anything if you have return yet.

look like some of us are going on 9 years on this site. years and more coming along just great. What a great group we are.
    Marie