TEAM FOUR

Options

Replies

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    My jaw literally dropped when I saw the hiking challenge. All I could think was that 4.5 mile walk to and from the grocery store I did yesterday won't count? And now it's snowing!! :'( .

It's only an inch but in the DC metro area it might as well be 6 feet. People suddenly forget how to drive as soon as there's white stuff falling from the sky sp in an effort not to get run over I'll skip today. Hopefully the weather's a bit better tomorrow so I can get those miles in.

I was just thinking the same thing...Its not snowing him but grey and wet and disgusting at the moment. We had bright and warm sun a couple of days ago and went out for a nice long walk with the baby....also disappointed that it won't count ha. Now I'm gonna have to get out in this wet cold weather.
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I went to the gym this morning & did weights. I think I will do the hike outside tomorrow. It looks like the warmest day, although it will be snowing! Oh well, it will be a nice break from the gym. I will would like to get some Yoga in today, but I have already spent 2 hours of my day on the gym (can't log it all because there was standing around time & driving time), so I really should do other things :)

Great job last week. I don't think I will be able to max out on minutes this week, but would like to aim for 550. It will depend on tomorrow & the temperature I think.

• mari_moulin
    Options
    Hey everyone! I was just looking at our new destination and watched the videos posted. First video I did knee raises as I watched it was quite slow paced as I was keeping in sync with the music, then I did butt kicks at a faster pace for second video...both modified no jumping as I have bad knees. For the 3rd video I did side punches keeping with the beat of the music. If I understood well this gives me 12 bonus minutes for today. I will get started on my workouts here shortly. I haven't been able to go to the gym because my baby is home sick. He can't go to daycare for 3 days so it looks like it will be my home elliptical and workout videos.

Challenge 1 - I will start the challenge videos tomorrow.

Challenge 2 - I will try to go out for my walk on Thursday as its the only day that looks clear according to meteorologists. The rest of the week is rain rain rain.

Challenge 3 - Easy peasy....I can stay under!!!

Good Luck everyone!! We did great for the first week and I KNOW we can get in first for this second week! Lets kick it up a notch everyone!!!
  • carinamenina
    carinamenina Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Yikes, I just realized how many exclamation points I used in my post. I am not usually this peppy, especially on a Monday morning :P
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Haha @carinamenina sounds like you've got all the reasons in the world to be peppy this morning! Awesome job putting us in first with that advanced completion of challenge #2!! You're awesome :D

This is a close race! We did an awesome job last week, I'm so proud of all of you!! Now we know what we're dealing with trying to beat Team 1, so let's get it done!! Really there's not a huge point difference between first and last place, 168 points. One slacked off week can send us down to that scary bottom, so don't get comfortable! Teams 5 and 2 aren't far behind, run! run! run!!!!!
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    There is only 1 day it is going to be above 30* this week. I need to import some warmth. So I am checking sun days, wind days. I really have to think.
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    lynnbaum wrote: »
    There is only 1 day it is going to be above 30* this week. I need to import some warmth. So I am checking sun days, wind days. I really have to think.

@lynnbaum just imagine you're walking a beautiful beach in Ile de la Réunion :D I would say close your eyes and envision the sand between your toes, but I'd rather you stay safe ;):p
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    This weeks challenges sound PERFECT for me !!

I will do a run this afternoon so challenge #2 will be done.

Challenge #1 videos will be done on my days off (w/th) so I can get some minutes when I normally slow down.

As for challenge #3, I got that in the bag !!

Glad this week is falling in lines with my weather. We have dried out and got rid of all the ice and snow and now they are threatening with MORE come Thursday and Friday !! GOTTA RUN WHILE I CAN !! And try to get a few more in before it hits "IF" it hits ! ( I am hoping not..LOL )

LET'S KICK SOME BUTT THIS WEEK !!!
  • darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yay! Really wanted to be lazy this morning. My body is tired after last week. Then I read the challenges and decided to get the walk out of the way. It's been beautiful here the last two days, so it was good timing.
    Pretty sure my sister and step sister are now on team 5. They were both trying to get on this team, but we were all active. Go us! Just so you know I don't want to lose to them. :wink:
  • lynnbaum
    Options
    lynnbaum wrote: »

@lynnbaum just imagine you're walking a beautiful beach in Ile de la Réunion :D I would say close your eyes and envision the sand between your toes, but I'd rather you stay safe ;):p

I say walk at the outlet mall incase I have to duck in someplace warm
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    @ddeliciosa I was in Houston for a conference Friday and Saturday (flew out Thursday night after work and flew back early Sunday). On a good note, Houston was great although I'm very glad the conference was this past weekend....they are really gearing up for the superbowl and I managed to learn a lot.

Looking forward to this weeks challenges, watched the initial videos today while doing squats and lunges and plan on getting the others done tomorrow. Got a nice 4mi walk in today and will be running 5-6 tomorrow morning. Let's make it a great week team 4!!!
  • bowlt
    bowlt Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Good job team you are all so inspiring. :)
  • ddeliciosa
    ddeliciosa Posts: 168 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I was going to take a break today, but I saw that if you watched those two first videos you got a bonus of 7 minutes - so count me in for a whole 13 minutes today :wink: I did some squats and crunches. I will definitely be bringing it tomorrow though after I take my exam! If I'm feeling froggy I might even take a long walk outside tomorrow morning to clear my mind.

I think the challenge I'm most nervous for is staying under my calorie limit. I don't go over too often, but when I do it's usually no big sweat to me. I'll definitely be more conscientious this week!
  • lynnbaum
    Options
    I went to a yoga class. Pretty. Normally hate yoga but I will go again.
  • tarpguys
    tarpguys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I got the video's done today plus my work outs. I am under my calories although I did eat back my exercise calories. It was a very hungry day!
  • plainanjelik
    plainanjelik Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Got 100 minutes in today between my morning quick workout and 90 minutes karate. I haven't done the videos as yet but will try to get at least 1 done tomorrow. I have to say I'm most nervous about challenge 3. Usually I'm fine all day long then near the end of the day just before my karate class it's like there's a voracious monster threatening to claw out my insides if I don’t eat and those choices aren't always healthy. Before I started this challenge I would eat then lie down until it's time for bed but since this challenge began I've been forcing myself to go to karate regardless. Here's to hoping I don’t slip up one day!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    EEEEh Guys I am so sorry. I wasn't able to get any workout in yesterday other than the videos I was active to for bonus points. My baby is sick and I had to take him to see our doctor. He cant go to daycare because he isn't well so I cant go to the gym and because he is sick he is super clingy and didn't let me get anything done yesterday. I hope I can get something done today as he has already been clingy again all morning. I will try to get something done at some point today. Sorry team not helping much so far this week.
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin: hope your baby is feeling better. Sometime I miss those days. While they are a little frustrating, at the time, 12 year olds don't cuddle, they just talk back lol

Hi team!

My plan for today is to do the 5km. Looks like we got quite a bit of snow, so I think it will be a walk with winter boots. I started counting my walk to the mailbox yesterday just in case the weather didn't cooperate. I will also do the dancing videos, & yoga. My body is getting a little sore, because I have been skipping yoga I think. I like to do it at home, uninterrupted, but we have a small house & I don't seem to have any alone time. I am aiming for another 100 minutes today, maybe more :)

Keep moving! We are in 3rd place. Teams 1& 5 are coming on string this week!
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    tarpguys wrote: »
    I got the video's done today plus my work outs. I am under my calories although I did eat back my exercise calories. It was a very hungry day!

Same on the hunger! I never eat back my exercise calories but I totally did today.
    Hi everyone! Got 100 minutes in today between my morning quick workout and 90 minutes karate. I haven't done the videos as yet but will try to get at least 1 done tomorrow. I have to say I'm most nervous about challenge 3. Usually I'm fine all day long then near the end of the day just before my karate class it's like there's a voracious monster threatening to claw out my insides if I don’t eat and those choices aren't always healthy. Before I started this challenge I would eat then lie down until it's time for bed but since this challenge began I've been forcing myself to go to karate regardless. Here's to hoping I don’t slip up one day!

Here's your motivation to change that habit! If you're hungry eat something healthy and low in cals, like some fruit.
    EEEEh Guys I am so sorry. I wasn't able to get any workout in yesterday other than the videos I was active to for bonus points. My baby is sick and I had to take him to see our doctor. He cant go to daycare because he isn't well so I cant go to the gym and because he is sick he is super clingy and didn't let me get anything done yesterday. I hope I can get something done today as he has already been clingy again all morning. I will try to get something done at some point today. Sorry team not helping much so far this week.

I'm sure you'll make up for it :) I hope your baby feels better soon!
    @mari_moulin: hope your baby is feeling better. Sometime I miss those days. While they are a little frustrating, at the time, 12 year olds don't cuddle, they just talk back lol

Hi team!

My plan for today is to do the 5km. Looks like we got quite a bit of snow, so I think it will be a walk with winter boots. I started counting my walk to the mailbox yesterday just in case the weather didn't cooperate. I will also do the dancing videos, & yoga. My body is getting a little sore, because I have been skipping yoga I think. I like to do it at home, uninterrupted, but we have a small house & I don't seem to have any alone time. I am aiming for another 100 minutes today, maybe more :)

Keep moving! We are in 3rd place. Teams 1& 5 are coming on string this week!

Maybe wake up before the rest of the house does and get the yoga done :) that's what I do, or I do it at night when the hubby goes to the gym and the little guy is in bed