No F-Ups February 2017 Week 1 (2/1-2/7)

Options

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Remember:
    If the thread gets lost, there's a sticky at the top of the main group page that has the weekly thread links inside.
  • mskeyaj
    mskeyaj Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I have been off mostly due to stress and have gained 12 pounds:( I would like to focus on logging daily and exercising 3x times a week.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Day 2: 30 minutes assorted physical activity.

Yes!
    2 for 2.

• DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    * Logging and running at least 5 days/week.

I will need to create a better running schedule, but this works with all the awkward snow and ice hanging around.
  • CarrieMoritz
    CarrieMoritz Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I started my fitness challenge a day early (1/31), so have two days under my belt. Set up this schedule:

Week One and Two: Bodyweight only 50 squats/day minimum; 50 push-ups on knees/day minimum

Have done: Tues 100 squats, (30 w/ 20 lb dumbbell); 50 knee push-ups; Wed 110 bodyweight squats (plus 30 each side split squats) and 50 knee push-ups; plus have done extra exercises with those two each day.

After the first two weeks, which are to establish baseline, I'm increasing intensity by a bit each week either by adding weights or by doing push-ups on the toes (and culminates in decline push-ups and clapping push-ups at the end of 13 weeks). I was inspired by a video that went viral that showed a gal who did push-ups every day for 100 days.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    2/2: carbs in range despite a little gelato. Weight in range. Rest day as I was traveling 4 hours to and from an appointment for my husband. Collagen taken. As for the household chore just taking out the trash.
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Day 2 complete!
    Calories: under
    Carbs: under 50
    Steps: 19k---what?
    Excercise: 313/300 weekly minutes

F up free so far. But the month is young :)
  • giftbouquets
    giftbouquets Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    So far so good. I am adding in another aim, no milk or cream in my tea and coffee. Hoping this will help get some weight off and keep my blood glucose levels down (diabetic)
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I had a decent second day. Although I didn't weigh my almonds. Smh. I know better, right?

Working out is going well, as is being consistent with calories.

I had a super stressful day yesterday. Very scary. So this morning I feel hungover from the emotional strain. I even dug out an old battery so I could weigh myself (SMH) but nope, didn't work!
    My goal for this day is to walk half an hour, do a nice 12 minute hiit workout and WEIGH EVERY THING.

Other than the almond deal, and the attempt at weighing, I haven't F'ed Up. Does the almond thing mean I *kitten* up? Yeah probably. :(

Guys, I was so close to eating carbs yesterday. It was such a hard day. I can't go into specifics, but my God, I was scared shirtless all day long. I'm going to consider it a win.

I watched Fed Up again. I'm having the library hold The Case Against Sugar for me.

Okay. Today is a new day.

-weigh all food
    -be nice to myself
    -do NOT get a new battery
    -exercise for stress, not weight loss
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Ending the week on a positive note. I'm in the chicken zone and it seems to be working.
    Had a lemon pepper chicken breast this morning with a splash of Franks, sauteed mushrooms and onions. I usually don't eat bfast, but I had an early dinner last night (Buffalo Chicken Breast) and I wanted to avoid all the carb treats here at work. Chicken Alfredo tonight for dinner. Steaks planned for Saturday. Now - Need to plan for Sunday Superbowl. Bunless burgers and dogs maybe?..Go Pats! :)
  • stutovic
    stutovic Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am in! This is a great idea, and my main goal is to lose 12 pounds this month, I lost 12 pounds in January and want to keep going. I will be also adding in mini-goals:

* exercising at least 4 days each week
    * weighing all food when at home
    * eating one salad everyday
    * stay on track during the weekends (most important)

Have a great day everyone!
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I had a decent second day. Although I didn't weigh my almonds. Smh. I know better, right?

I had a super stressful day yesterday. Very scary. So this morning I feel hungover from the emotional strain. I even dug out an old battery so I could weigh myself (SMH) but nope, didn't work!
    My goal for this day is to walk half an hour, do a nice 12 minute hiit workout and WEIGH EVERY THING.

Other than the almond deal, and the attempt at weighing, I haven't F'ed Up. Does the almond thing mean I *kitten* up? Yeah probably. :(

Guys, I was so close to eating carbs yesterday. It was such a hard day. I can't go into specifics, but my God, I was scared shirtless all day long. I'm going to consider it a win.

I watched Fed Up again. I'm having the library hold The Case Against Sugar for me.

-weigh all food
    -be nice to myself

What an awful day for you yesterday! Hope you are feeling better today. Keep that scale out in the snow where it belongs! :)

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options

-weigh all food
    -be nice to myself

What an awful day for you yesterday! Hope you are feeling better today. Keep that scale out in the snow where it belongs! :)
    Sorry you had such a rough day. :cry:
    I was le exhausted all day and depressed, but I powered through that crap anyway.

Yep. The best thing about Feb. F-Ups are that you can fix them with your next good choice.

F the scale. It's lazy and behind anyway.

I think you might benefit from listening to this:
    http://primalpotential.com/283-foundation-of-fat-loss/
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options

-weigh all food
    -be nice to myself

I messed up many times during weight loss and maintenance. The key is to have more non-messed up days than messed up days. Accept the things we cannot change. Change the things we can. Know the difference. It gets better. <3
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I am in. Just got a Fit Bit last weekend. It is still sitting in my guest room. Gonna set it up and learn how to use it.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much. I honestly couldn't do this without your support and encouragement.

While doing the dishes this morning, every fifth washed and rinsed item I stopped a and did curls, squats, lunges and swings. I'm going to incorporate these types of quick workouts throughout the day. It makes it fun!

Thanks again, myfitnesspals. <3
This discussion has been closed.