Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Nancy look forward to seeing your grandsonyou Connie sounds like you hit the jackpot on your eats. Good girl. janice your chili sounds good. I need to make me some veggie chili. My meals today

Oatmeal and apple sauce coffee

Potatoe salad, cole slaw left over from walmart deli.

Beans and rice tonight, left overs.with rosted veggies
    Connie i don't

,know if i could my evening meal that early i usally start it arund 5 pm.
    Jerry gets tthe kitchen at 6 Pm. To fix his TV do
    Inner.
    I eat on fruits during the day? If i hrt hungry
    We are going to the store tjis morning i for got to get unsweeten
    apple sauce. I did buy the wronf oatmeal at Aldi the other day i got the quick cooking and it taste raw even after i cook ii. I like rhe old fashion oat meal?

~Marie

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon,
    Nancy- Great picture of you three. You look very good in it, and younger than your pic here. That is wonderful your grandson getting a full scholarship. What college will he be attending? Ben looks healthy too.

Connie-I hope your dillon gets out of hospital soon, and just rest at home. I was suppose to be born around May 8, but I came out breach on March 28th, several weeks early. I weighed 4lbs 5 oz, and was in good shape. I wanted you to know that, so not to worry, if they had to induce early, because of blood presure problems.

Marie-I think you like the Aldis. I myself have problems eating too many carbs. I do better with a protein, vegetable and small amounts of carbs. But I know for you it works. I cook in my crockpots alot, I cooked beans in mine this past weekend. We talked about it before, when you got your instant pot.

Shirley-Isaac must be getting really big, how old is he. Enjoy your visit. Gotta go. Janice
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    NancyYour picture is beautiful and I can see why your son is going to be football player, the right size for that game.
    Connie I hope all is well with your DIL, my doctor almost made me go to the hospital with my first daughter due to high blood pressure but never did. I am sure she will be okay. <3

I had lunch with a friend across the pond today, she had surgery on her foot but is doing really well. We had pizza and ice cream so not exactly a low calorie meal.
    I too eat way too many carbs and have to watch that and up my protein according to the diet clinic.
    I am at my highest in weight right now but feel pretty good except for my knee. I see the orthopedic
    surgeon on Monday and my MRI is scheduled for Feb. 14th so i should get some answers soon.
    I am doing aqua fit on Monday's and Friday's and yoga on Wednesday and if my knee will allow another day but I pick that on how I feel. I see the chiropractor twice a week and she has helped alot. The knee is no better kind of staying the same but no worse. So my walking and biking are on the back burner right now. My fitbit steps are low but I did get 10,000 steps yesterday, yay me! So I will plod along until then.

Dinner tonight was an oven baked apples, pork chops and onions with cauliflower. I was going to do some green beans but they went bad in the fridge and I had to throw them out. I told Dave its time to
    stock up on vegetables again. Tomorrow back to logging again.

Have a good evening.

Shirley
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Isaac was at our house for an overnight. He is sitting on grandpa's lap watching Z00L.

ddbewkvdyw9m.jpg
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, friends!

Janice/Shirley...thanks for the kind, reassuring words! DIL is at home now and will not return to work. They will do labs every other day to check for pre-eclampsia/high blood pressure for the next two weeks. They want to induce at 37 or 38 weeks depending on her labs. That will be the 10th or the 17th so the baby will share his birth month with his dad, as my son's b-day is today. We are going to take them to lunch this afternoon ...cannot wait to see them and the nursery!

Nancy...you and Ben are such a handsome couple! You guys look great along with your grandson!
    Shirley...such a great pic of Issac and his grandpa!
    Marie...how's Missy?

I am holding the 191 which is a good sign. I've been sticking with my plan and even added a little more exercise this morning. I joined a challenge group here for accountability for this month. We are going to Outback today and I have already chosen what I will have and that includes the bread. ;) My goal for the month is getting under 190.

Just for today: I will follow my plan.

Make it great, losers!
    Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Off to my docter this s morning . Will be back later

marir
  • cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I love how you guys have stayed in touch over the years!! I read your messages sounds like everyone is still doing well.

I'm happy because I got on the scale today and I'm down 3 lbs since Monday! I hope to keep it up. Today I broke out of the 180's, I came in at 179.4! 2 years ago I got down to 160, so I have lots to loose AGAIN! My ultimate goal is still 145, who knows if I'll ever see that though...LOL!

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Just remain positive cristina and you will make it.
    Marie
  • cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thanks..Marie!!
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Connie - You and I are weighing the same right now. Unforturnately, this is the my highest weight right now and my clothes are tight. Don't like it!

Cristina- Be patient we are all in the same boat.

Marie - Hi!

Today was chiropractor, I asked her not to do traction on my knee, it seems very sore afterwards.
    She said she would and today it feels less sore.

Monday is my orthopedic apt. we shall see what he says.

Shirley
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Morning, misfits!
    Son's b-day was nice. We went to Outback and then back to their house for cake. It's good to know that the baby will be here very, very soon.

Marie...how was the doctor?
    Shirley...hope you get some answers Monday. My knee has been fine. My trainer modifies leg strength training and there are no long repetitions on the knees. I still squat and lunge just not deeply. I will not go back to starchy carbs like breads, crackers, and cereal on a daily basis as, for me, it promotes inflammation.
    Cristina...keep on keeping on...it had taken me a long time, but I will get to goal this year!

Gym day for me.

Just for today: Stick to the plan!

Make it a good one, losers!

Connie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Connie - I know what you mean about inflammation, I have arthritis and try to stay away from the
    foods that cause it. All the crackers are out of the house now since Christmas. I have bread only
    when I get some eggs and cereal not every often unless I am too busy to make anything else.
    I do eat oatmeal cereal which is good for lowering cholesterol. I also make a green smoothie but
    on these cold mornings oatmeal sounds better. :) This morning it is 15F. Brrrrr!

We are going to a junior B hockey game tonight with friends and dinner.

Have a great weekend!

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I keep losing my post. Darn it.

Not much going on here at the Wards today.
    I did get my turnip and greens cooked. first time to cooked raw turrnips greens. Cooking some pintos now..

I am just eating simple meals

Connie my blood was too thin on my blood count yesterday. so he lower my does have to go back in again for them to check again. He raise my insulin but I put it back to a lower does for i had a low bloods sugar I think it was my food not my insulin. that cause that.
    I did lose some weight this past month about 8 lbs. back to where I was. Everybody have a great day
    Marie

• lovesretirement
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Morning, losers!

Marie...blood thinners are a pain when you're on the one that has to be measured often. Glad you are back where you were on the weight!

Shirley...thinking about adding 1/4 c (dry) oatmeal on my workout days. I have increased my carbs to 94 grams/ 30% a day and having trouble meeting that even with the strawberries in my smoothie.

Not much on the agenda today but will go pick up a few groceries this morning. Chilly today but sunshine.

Just for today: Stay with the plan.

Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon misfits,

It's chilly today but beautiful!!!

Connie, I really like my steel cut oatmeal. Some people don't like it because it takes longer to prepare but I make 1cup at a time and divide it into 4 servings and just heat in microwave.

Not anything planned for today!!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Are you all hiding from me?
    -Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Was in ER yesterday low blood sugar again nut no in fections so I did not have to stay. Got to go home around 9 pM and just resting today. Got down to the lower 30's this was the worst spell i had ever had. I thought I was in another. World

Just wantd to let you know.

• lovesretirement
    Options
    Morning, misfits!

Marie...so sorry about your trip to the ER but glad you are okay. That happened to my hubs right before Christmas and they kept him 3 days. He had had diarrhea for two days and lost everything in his system. Taking some bottled glucose we have in the house could have prevented the 911 call, but neither of us thought of it!

Nancy...I have the old fashioned oatmeal and will try the steel cut next time. I had 1/4 cup yesterday and enjoyed it! The serving was just enough to go with a boiled egg and 1tablespoon of natural peanut butter.

It's pool for me today. I am feeling a lot better with added food. The calories are low, but I am meeting the macros I have set.
    DIL is resting, and we are all very excited to meet our baby very soon.

What will it be today? Will you suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret?

Make it count.

Connie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    We were invited to a Super Bowl party too and I ate my share of snacks and we also had a dinner of ribs, wings and pasta salad. All good but got on the scale and all the sodium is showing now. Not too worry a day or so and that will come down. I really wasn't hooting for any particular team but was surprised to see New England at the finish. Oh, well another year, another game. Lady Gaga did a fabulous job at half time. We don't get the commercials here in Canada so nothing to compare from last year.

I had my apt. at the orthopaedic surgeon today, he was so young, he looked 20 but I am sure he was older. Anyway, he gave me the okay to go back on my bike again but carefully. He agrees with my
    chiropractor that its probably meniscus. My MRI is on the 14th of Feb so we will know more. I have another apt. March 1st to get my results. He suggested I save my money and no more chiropractor
    apts for now. We leave on the 20th of Feb for Jamaica so thinking about that right now and what to take and pack.

Wednesday we are going to see Isaac until Thursday.

Shirley
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Marie, Sorry to hear about your ER visit. Glad you out are feeling better today.

Went with Ben for his lab and to get OK for a dental procedure on Wednesday. Thankful that he will not have to get
    platelets before dental procedure.

Have a great day everyone.

Nancy