TEAM FIVE

Options

Replies

• b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,132 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    jschmid2 wrote: »
    Almost done with the stair challenge and plan to do the fitness blender videos tonight. On track for staying in my calories, but I have to wait until Sunday to know for sure.

Doctor confirmed my shoulder pain is a rotator cuff tendinitis...do you all think I would be able to count my PT as exercise time?

Yep, stretching and other types of light exercise count. Physical therapy counts, IMO. I need to start doing more body part rehab exercises (rotator cuff and lower back), and you better believe that time is counting (should I ever get my butt in gear to do it).

Glad you are feeling better @getsa!! Rest and heal fast @biketheworld!! Be strong @geminiswede!!

Got my steps in today 40 stairs x 40 times...done. The conference was still going on at the convention center, but found a 'locals' side street to park on (a whole 75 cents/hour for parking too, so very reasonable). Need to post my picture of the location (best place ever for stairs). So much easier than the stairmaster, with a much better view and fresh air and sun! Afterwards, I went for a walk (should have run, but wasn't going to happen after doing the stairs). I'm sure I'll be hating myself tomorrow for doing all the stairs in one day.

Should have the food challenge done today. Will try to do the second balance video later tonight, otherwise, it's part of the plan for tomorrow. Going to post everything now.
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I wish I got that view when I was doing the stairs! I went up and down in my house!
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Woke up feeling pretty good so I worked out nearly two hours downstairs. I have 1300 steps done - I was thinking we had to go to 1600 - but now I see it's 1332 so obviously I'll go finish that up today. Then all my challenges will be complete. Not going to hit 700 minutes though - those two days I was sick knocked that right out. Will aim for minimum 500.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    @b3achy - that view is gorgeous! I did the bulk of my steps in the stairwell at the hospital during a downpour on Wednesday. Not very lovely, that's for sure, but it was the stairs of opportunity at the time. That was 3 days ago and I'm still having residual DOMS. Yoga this morning helped somewhat.

I've completed all the challenges, so now to get some more minutes. It's been a slower week for me, so I know I won't hit the 700, but I'm shooting for 400 total by end of day tomorrow.

CHALLENGE #1: “THE SYDNEY BRIDGE CLIMB”
    Complete!

CHALLENGE #2: “CRIKEY! SURF’S UP!”
    Fitness Blender Beginner Balance Exercises
    2/2 Complete!

CHALLENGE #3: “NOT TOO MUCH SHRIMP ON THE BARBIE!”
    Stay under Calorie Goal 5 out of 7 days
    5/5 days Complete!

Minutes
    Monday: 15
    Tuesday: 45
    Wednesday: 40
    Thursday: 70
    Friday: 30
  • RaeBeeBaby
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Oh, and now that I've completed the calorie goal challenge, we're going to have SHRIMP and grits for dinner tonight and I'm putting cheese in the grits! :D>:)
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    getsa wrote: »
    I am back today. Put up minutes. I hope that sickness is now behind me!! See ya later.

Glad you're feeling better!
  • b3achy
    Options
    Heh, @biketheworld - might be my fault for the confusion on the steps...wanted to be sure I exceeded the requirement when I was out, so I knew I had to do more than 30 times the 40 stairs...I think I needed to do 33.????, so I was going to stop at about 35, but I got on a roll, and decided to end on a round figure of 40 times (ergo the 1600 done). I just wanted to be sure I wasn't going to have to get any more once I left the location...lol.

Enjoy those grits @RaeBeeBaby!

Yea, it was a wonderful view for my step challenge, but I'm not looking forward to going back until the next challenge. ;)

My calves are hurting a little today, but are surprisingly not too bad. I went paddling today. Conditions were supposed to be light wind (~5mph) and smooth conditions. Ha, ha, ha...got there and the wind was about 8-9 mph (with gusts probably over 10), and it was more like a moderate chop, though no white caps where I was (there were some further off shore). I was pretty wobbly today, so I only did about 3.55 miles, and had to drop to my knees for nearly a mile of that (I did find some nice paddling in the back lagoon/bayou where there was less boat chop). I swear, I've never seen so many people at the park. Guess everyone was out enjoying our nice weather as it was mid to high 70'sF this afternoon (only in the 50'sF this morning).

We're way behind most of the other teams in challenge points. I still need to get that last balance video done to claim my final 10 points. I may not get to it now until tomorrow as I need to do a bit of work tonight since tomorrow is a busy day at church, and I was stuck doing contract stuff yesterday instead of the work I had planned to get done.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Hey all... sorry I've been MIA from the discussion thread the past couple of days. Looks like we have everyone reporting minutes... still quite a few blanks on the challenges though. Only one more day to get minutes and challenges reported. I'm hopeful to get the 700 minutes this week and I've completed all of the challenges.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options

WEEK THREE: RACING FOR THE GOLD!

CHALLENGE #1: Completed Mon., 2/6

CHALLENGE #2: “CRIKEY! SURF’S UP!” (10 PTS)

COMPLETE THE FITNESS BLENDER BEGINNER BALANCE EXERCISES TWICE (2X)

CHALLENGE #3: 5/5, Completed Sat., 2/11

MINUTES/MILES
    6 Feb. 138 minutes
    7 Feb. 194 minutes
    8 Feb. 75 minutes (45 minutes Yoga with Floating Yoga School + 30 minutes SworkIt stretching)
    9 Feb. 94 minutes (80 minute walk + 7 minutes ski machine +7 minutes stair master)
    10 Feb. 153 minutes (74 minute walk + 79 minutes days 8, 9 & 10 Feb. challenges)
    11 Feb. 123 minutes (83 minute walk + 20 minutes day 11 Feb. challenges + 20 minutes SworkIt stretching)
  • mvfeathers2
    mvfeathers2 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    all challenges complete :)
  • 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    And I have completed all challenges too . and reached the 7000 steps.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    And I have completed all challenges too . and reached the 7000 steps.

Holy cow! 7000 steps!?
  • jackiep248
    jackiep248 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness that I got my challenges done early. I'm heading out for a birthday supper tonight so I'm pretty sure that I won't be under my calorie count today. I should be able to get the challenges done next week BUT I'm on holidays and am flying to England to spend some time with my daughter tomorrow. Hopefully our hotels have wifi.
  • b3achy
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Wow, @2016summerfun!! I thought I was an overachiever on the stairs.

Glad to see we made it to Australia! Well done Team!!

Sorry Fab Fives, was hoping to get some more minutes today, but it was all I could do to gut out getting that balance video done tonight for the challenge points. Between DOMS from the stairs on Friday (which kicked in late yesterday...truly 'delayed') and a headache today, I'm probably not good for much more than the balance video. Note to self, next time do any videos before doing stair challenges. Owwwwy. But at least, all challenges finally completed.

I've also noticed that an old stress fracture in my foot seems to be hurting again. I don't know if my attempt at running a week or so ago aggravated it, or if something I've been doing paddleboarding, but I'm definitely not going to be trying to run for a while, so back to walking or gym machine miles for me on land. Blargh!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    I got an hour walk this morning and a few more minutes this afternoon. Didn't quite make the 400 I was shooting for but not a bad showing overall.

It looks like we're going to fall short with our team members meeting the challenge points this week. Team 1 is really smoking us, folks! We need to step it up next week!
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    jesn1zdj1rkz.jpg
  • 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Lol steps is my new daily exercise .
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    WEEK FOUR DESTINATION IS UP AND RUNNING!
    WE ARE OFF TO THE LAND OF SMILES!

:):):)
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Good morning team... Looks like another solid 3rd place finish this past week. I know we're hoping to do better, but nothing to be ashamed of!

Also, wanted to let you know that Zara - @Meowler - contacted me yesterday and needs to drop out of the race. She just has a lot of stress and other things that need her attention right now. On that note, ME has assigned @ldrichmond476 to our team. So, let's give them a warm, fabulous welcome!

Let's have a great week!