Replies

• TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    @Vowder so sorry for your loss
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    @vowder, I'm so sorry for your loss. How devastating to all his loved ones when he was doing everything right.

Happy Valentines Day to all my lovely teammates! We don't do anything for it here. Hubby and I are probably the least romantic people I know! I will make a lovely dinner for him and our son who lives with us though.

One foot massage done and boy did it feel good!
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    Hey Team - great job on our win last week. It was amazing to see everyone get the points for the challenges. WOW!

Vowder - ditto the sentiments of everyone else. Please take care of yourself.

I am really glad to see everyone sharing ideas of what to try because I am also not sure.

Roasted brussel sprouts are good, as mentioned above. I like to add a little cajun seasoning with olive oil to mine.

I did one of the foot message videos last night.....it was great!

Have a wonderful Tuesday.
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Dropped my daughter at the airport at 4:45 am this morning, went to the gym and pounded out 90 minutes on the treadmill.

My wife said she would make a salad with some "uncooked brussel sprouts" in it. Hmm.... will have to see.

Can't wait for the foot massage.

Learned that there is a kickboxing class on Thursday's at 11:30am. Tough time for me but I think I am going to try to make it.

Vowder
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    After watching the Thai videos this morning... I can't wait to get there. What amazingly good looking and genuine smiles!

• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    @Vowder - My deepest sympathy on your loss. How devastating that must be in both your personal life and professional life.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    On a lighter note – going out to lunch with office peeps. We are going to a Chinese buffet. (Watch out water weight!) The office gets to try to find something I don’t want to eat. I see squid ceviche in my future. :s

Per someone else's suggestion, I am hoping they have a nice golden beet, lightly roasted with feta or blue cheese topping. I hate liver and I hate beets. So far these are only foods I have found that I really detest. Liver makes me gag. Beets just taste like dirt, but 'they' say the golden beets are better.
  • Ingrid2017
    Ingrid2017 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    @Vowder - I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My prayers and thoughts are with you.
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    @Vowder, so very sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and his family.
  • celtikgirl
    celtikgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    @Vowder Sending hugs your way, and I concur with all of the others who have commented on your positive outlook and attitude. Life is too short to wait!

Even though it doesn't count for the team, I am totally doing those foot massage videos.

I've been giggling about all of the brussel sprout comments. When I was a kid I used to drive my grandmother crazy sitting at the table and peeling them apart trying to find the part you were supposed to eat. I wasn't all that fond of onions as a kid either. I don't know when it changed, but brussel sprouts and onions are two of my favorites now.
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    @Vowder so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself!! Sending hugs!!
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    zhmfkz8cdpca.jpg

well here's my food challenge - trout fillet with chilli butter.
    Never likds this fish as it always tasted like mud, however, this was NOT horrible, and i ate it in the tiniest pieces JUST in case! But it was okay, i would have it again but it wouldn't be my first choice!!
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Massage feet done twice on each leg. Will be doing it again later this pm
  • aenglehardt347
    aenglehardt347 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    @Vowder my thoughts are with you during this difficult time, sending hugs
  • aenglehardt347
    aenglehardt347 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Finished the kickboxing tonight after work, dogs came in by me while I was working out to see what was going on and I accidentally kicked Tilly. She wasn't hurt but she didn't come back by me the rest of the night. Poor baby.

I am with everyone that likes Brussels sprouts they are pretty good, I usually just sauté them in a little olive oil and they are good to go....yummy..was thinking of beets tried one tonight and spit it out they are so bitter to me I couldn't do it..will have to think of something else. Will one bite work? I can't stand smoked salmon I can get that and pawn the rest on my husband
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @ejdp254 - I like fish but trout has never been my favorite. Chili butter though sounds delicious so I bet I would like that dish. Good job!

Rest day from running today mainly because my work schedule wasn't conducive, but I did sneak out for a walk at lunch. The sun was out and it was quite nice (except for where the sidewalk was still filled with slushy snow). Tonight I did the cardio kickboxing video. It was hard, but went a little better than I thought. I lack some coordination for those leg switching moves. I like punching though! And then topped that off with reflexology video number 4. I think I bruised my liver. :) Seriously it feels good even if I don't buy the detoxing and weight loss effects.