TEAM ONE

Replies

• wolvinnetje
    wolvinnetje Posts: 363 Member
    edited February 2017
    Goodmorning sweet peeps

@mamaelf sorry sis I can't give you advise in this one probably i'm to "cold" and to realistic in this.I can't replace myself in a dogowner who live 14 years with a pet who is getting so close.As I sayed earlier I only had a rabbit who get cancer and I can took him longer with me with meds but I didn't, the knowing that this little one had 1 minute of pain only for my pleasure I can not live with that idea but that is me and a rabbit is something else like a dog so I wish you all the wisdom and hugs you needed.

3p26nbbv5qj5.jpg

I see team 4 is ahead of us as also team 5 we have a saying in dutch "hardlopers zijn doodlopers" literarry translated " fast walkers are dead walkers" I don't know if you know it but it means with everything you starts fast you end very slow and worse So i'm so happy that we are slow starters in the good way :-) we extend our energy over the whole week so I think we a re a smart bunch of people.

So keep it up peeps and have a great Tuesday,

dq6q5f0p6b4f.png

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,556 Member
    Laundry day gave me 388 stairs but no minutes. I need to add yesterday's minutes to the spreadsheet. Off to golf in a bit so that's always good for quite a few. I was under yesterday and just need to do the balance video on my more time.

Hope tamika is ok @mamaelf!
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    120maggie wrote: »
    So sorry I've been MIA today after our second leg win and so much on the thread! Totally working long hours with a major project. Just exercising and working! Got home at 8:45pm. I was tempted to skip my lunch work out, but I'm glad I didn't.

@katharmonic

4yxx1ihmw69n.jpg

@mts7471 are you clear on the steps/stairs? Usually our challenges are about 650-800 steps and we just count the ups. But with so many 1332, you can count the steps when you are going down too (Like the downside of the bridge) . Some people find it easier to count flights of stairs instead of each step, so a good reference is there are 12 steps in a flight of stairs. If you go up and down 111 flight of stairs you made it!

Other than @ka97 is there anyone who would actually pay money and is crazy enough to do that bridge climb? @hawkins410 did you do it? I ride chair lifts and will climb fire towers, but not that Bridge!!! :# The only way on earth I would do it is if I was granted the bribe that after doing it I could eat anything I wanted for the rest of my life and not gain an ounce!! :D

@Mamaelf2007 Hugs and Love. Most of us have been there and it is a very tough spot. We used a kid's winter sled to move our our first black lab around when the going got rough. Just take it a day at a time.

At my house I have 12 stairs up and down. I did 20 times yesterday and that puts me at 2220. Is that correct?
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    mts7471 wrote: »
    At my house I have 12 stairs up and down. I did 20 times yesterday and that puts me at 2220. Is that correct?
    If you went up 12 steps and then down 12 steps, that is a total of 24 steps. If you did this 20 times, that would be 20 x 24 = 480 steps.
    Sounds like you are making great progress! :)

@120maggie: I think I forgot to mention the Amazing Race Committee has already paid the $200 fee for the bridge climb for each of you! ;)
    I have never been there, but I have a friend that just did it and said it was awesome!! You're buckled on, so the worse that can happen is a little free fall/bungee jump! :D
    PAY-Rosella-the-Kangaroo-and-friends.jpg
    HAPPY TUESDEE MATES!<3

That's what I figured on calculation just want to double make sure. Thank you
  • celtikgirl
    celtikgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Climb, Climb, Climb! You can do it!!!

It is nearly 70 degrees here today, and it is driving me crazy being cooped up in my office. I'm itching for an excuse to go out and play. Definitely planning to leave work in time to get a good walk in before it gets dark outside! The warm won't last long though, there is snow in the forecast for Thursday morning.
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    On jury duty in a trial all day today. Ugh. 0 mins logged. On dinner break when I leave it will probably be over 12 hours I am ready to go home
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited February 2017
    h6wzdwvbwqvo.jpg

@TamiJo1004 and @junodog1....you are BOTH on Jury Duty?! :o

I guess I better take @celtikgirl's advice and "CLIMB!!" (I've been working on it, but it's a slow process).

@mamaelf2008: Nice to hear the good news about Tamika! <3
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    @TamiJo1004 @junodog1 I'm pushing myself to get 100min just for you!!! I will keep trying to get 100 the rest of the week (if not more) to help you out. I only got 1 round of the balance video done. My abs felt it the first time around so I thought I'd wait till tomorrow to finish them.

You all are doing a fantastic job!!!!

@junodog1 beautiful view. Your step machine is awesome.

Keep up all the good work
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    @TamiJo1004 @junodog1 I'm pushing myself to get 100min just for you!!! I will keep trying to get 100 the rest of the week (if not more) to help you out.

OMG I made it to 100+ miles today. Maybe I can do this. I bet you can. I'm betting we all can!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,556 Member
    I'm halfway through the stairs (good thing I live in a tall house!), halfway through balance, 2 days under but low minutes this week. I'm heading to the gym in a few and will finish the stairs, get my spin on and do the balance video when I get home.

Good job on jury duty folks! Keep up the good work team1!