Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    CM_73 wrote: »
    W5D3 complete! 20 minutes or 2 miles, I managed the 20 minutes and decided to try and get as close to 2 miles as I could.
    Finished on 2.1 miles, 33 minutes :)

Nice work!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Looking up a couple of posts, why is the Zen labs 8 weeks when everything else I see is 9 weeks?
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @Piqueaboo Congrats on completing C25K.
    Now keep moving forward, book yourself into some local 5k race events.
    Take a look at the B10K and build your distance to 10km.
    One of the things I found that helped to keep me motivated early in my running experience was going on Exploration Runs with friends through the bush trails along the top of the riverbank.
  • joshllb
    joshllb Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    W2D2 done and I SMASHED IT. I actually felt good running round, whereas on W2D1 I was begging for it to end. I think I could've gone further - which I suppose is the point!

I'm amazed by the progress in what, a week and a half? Maybe I can do this.

Also, big mental breakthrough today when I ran when it was still slightly light and ran past some people! (Massive fear!).

Woohoo!
  • upsaluki
    Options
    joshllb wrote: »
    W2D2 done and I SMASHED IT. I actually felt good running round, whereas on W2D1 I was begging for it to end. I think I could've gone further - which I suppose is the point!

I'm amazed by the progress in what, a week and a half? Maybe I can do this.

Also, big mental breakthrough today when I ran when it was still slightly light and ran past some people! (Massive fear!).

Woohoo!

I can remember being self conscious about running in front of people at first, but after a bit you get used to it. Basically noone is really paying attention to us as we're running. One time a passersby on foot did give me a high five though. 8)
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Everybody is doing awesome I've been jealous reading about your workouts as I was feeling terrible for the last few days - my son brought a virus from school and we all got it. Had to skip running and barely got out of bed. But today I am feeling better and the weather is amazing here today so I will try to go for a run in couple hours!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    So I'm breaking the rules :)

Finished W6D3 yesterday and felt like running again today. I don't know if it was listening to music instead of watching the news, or the cup of coffee, but when I got to the end of the run for W7D1, "I Can't Drive 55" came on and I just kept running. So 27:30 of running at 4 mph today felt easier than 22 mins at the same speed yesterday.

Tomorrow is a snow shoe day, unless the weather sucks. Not sure what I'm going to do if the weather is bad.
  • Aine8046
    Options
    W6D1 is done! I am still not feeling 100%, but the weather is awesome, so I could not resist! I took it easy and did it slower than usual, but added a extra mile of walking afterwards :)
    4dvt215gd27s.jpg
    79nxo2sv037f.jpg
  • Aine8046
    Options
    So I'm breaking the rules :)

Finished W6D3 yesterday and felt like running again today. I don't know if it was listening to music instead of watching the news, or the cup of coffee, but when I got to the end of the run for W7D1, "I Can't Drive 55" came on and I just kept running. So 27:30 of running at 4 mph today felt easier than 22 mins at the same speed yesterday.

Tomorrow is a snow shoe day, unless the weather sucks. Not sure what I'm going to do if the weather is bad.

Awesome! I add few minutes too sometimes! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    CM_73 wrote: »
    W5D3 complete! 20 minutes or 2 miles, I managed the 20 minutes and decided to try and get as close to 2 miles as I could.
    Finished on 2.1 miles, 33 minutes :)

Great! :)
  • upsaluki
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    W6D1 is done! I am still not feeling 100%, but the weather is awesome, so I could not resist! I took it easy and did it slower than usual, but added a extra mile of walking afterwards :)
    4dvt215gd27s.jpg
    79nxo2sv037f.jpg

That looks like a scenic running area. Glad you're back to snuff.
  • upsaluki
    Options
    Finished week 8 day 2 today. 60 F here. I was in shorts and a tshirt.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    upsaluki wrote: »

Woop!! Almost finished! Have you thought about doing C210K? I downloaded it yesterday, it looks manageable =)
  • Aine8046
    Options

You are almost done! :)
    Same weather here. 60s. :)
  • upsaluki
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »

Woop!! Almost finished! Have you thought about doing C210K? I downloaded it yesterday, it looks manageable =)

I'm going to a six week 5210k program from my RunDouble app one I finish week 8. I got all of the programs one time for a great deal, so I use those. They have a 10 k and half marathon event program, but I'm not sure what my next step is after the 10k.
  • Aine8046
    Options
    W6D2 is done! No more walking! :)
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    W6D1 done.
    Really struggled today for some reason, I think it was because it was back to the "easy" interval runs which I thought would be no issue after completing 2 miles last time.

Still, it's done and I'm another step closer :)
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    @CM_73 , i find it much harder to start again when i have to stop during my run.You lose momentum, rhythm, pace, breath. It's definitely more challenging. Shoe laces coming undone is the worst. :smile: