Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• lddfsu
    lddfsu Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 5. 20 minutes straight. When I started I thought I'm going to do 10 minutes. Then when that was done I thought I want to run a mile. Then I almost stopped with 5 minutes left and Invincible by Pat Benatar came on and I finished strong. I feel really good about it!
  • SuperMelanie
    SuperMelanie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Week 4 Day 1 of C25K completed this evening.

DAMN! That was harder than I expected, the step up from a 3 minute section to a 5 minute one is a massive transition for me, particularly as I had to stop the first 5 minute run after 4 mins 20 to let a group of walkers pass. They seemed intent of walking 5 abreast which meant I had to stop before the narrow footbridge and allow them to amble over- it was either that or one of us was going to end up in the water. They even stopped to photograph a heron...grrr!!!! After what seemed like an hour they eventually realised I was waiting for them to shift themselves, apologised and moved aside.

In short, I had to repeat that section of the run. Five minutes felt like forever and I came SO close to just saying "F*** IT! I'm going home!" only to realise I was just 10 seconds away from completing that section of the run. It's taught me to push myself just a little bit harder as success was/ is just seconds away :)

So, in short, I did it! *trumpet fanfare* I was panting like some sort of sex pest towards the end but I DID IT :D
  • whatshewants
    whatshewants Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I was very nervous about starting Week 3 since it was around the time I quit the last time. But I just finished the first day. Paced myself a lot more this time due to past injury and finished it up! Feeling fantastic!

A bit bummed that my distance wasn't that great on the treadmill but I think speed will come with time, just need to focus on the longevity. Very excited!
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    @whatshewants don't think about speed this is about getting you on your feet running at any speed for 30 mins. Slow down as much as you need to, remeber if you can't have a conversation in your run interval you are going too fast.
  • mrsjatty
    mrsjatty Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Started week 8 today :-) starting to get stiff and sore in my hips :-( think it might be my shoes, so I bought a new pair today. Went and got fitted at a running store. Can't wait till Wednesday to try them out!!
  • archanajoyce
    archanajoyce Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Week 5 done! Week 6, here I come :smile: Hold on Hold on... I'll catch you this Friday actually
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    maggiekat7 wrote: »
    finished week 4 this morning. will be repeating it next week (sigh) despite my ambition to plow ahead. any tips on slowing one's pace? i'd like to dial it down to a 11 - 11.5 minute mile, but i seem to naturally pace around 9 - 10. i walk fast 4.3-4.5 mph, which i find comfortable and enjoy . . . but think it might be easier impact on my body if i could run a tad slower.

Great job completing wk 4. If you don't mind me asking, why are you repeating it? Slowing down will definitely help. My goal is 10 min per mile but right now I'm comfortable at 12 min per mile. W4D3 I increased my speed to 11.5/mile but I didn't think I could stay at that pace for w5. Keep up the good work.
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    W4D1 today....Unfortunately, my app decided to act up and I missed 40 seconds of my first run. When I realised my warmup was taking longer, i resumed my app and the rest of the workout went without any problems. The five minute runs went by faster than expected!
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    "Ran" a 5K yesterday. Holy heck. 42 minutes of swearing, running, and walking.
  • JSC145
    JSC145 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    GingerSka wrote: »

hahaha... doesn't matter. You finished!! Congrats
  • JaneyClark1
    JaneyClark1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh MY!! I am so sore and stiff today! Started wk 1 on sunday, then walked about 3 miles yesterday! Today I am off to do a big exam at school, then going to do wkday2. Friend me please, I so need others who have been there done that!! and motivation. Have a great day!
  • JaneyClark1
    JaneyClark1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh MY!! I am so sore and stiff today! Started wk 1 on sunday, then walked about 3 miles yesterday! Today I am off to do a big exam at school, then going to do wkday2. Friend me please, I so need others who have been there done that!! and motivation. Have a great day!
    A member messaged me and advised me to fill out my profile... I had the info filled out, but just posted the picture. Not trying to deceive anyone.... been an extremely busy week, so been trying to update this as time permits....
  • SuperMelanie
    Options

*sounds of cheering and loud, over-enthusiastic "whoop-whoop" noises* Well done, you :)

• SuperMelanie
    Options
    Managed W4D2 this evening. It wasn't technically brilliant- I misjudged my speed at first and set off to quickly, only to end up *just about* jogging at the end.
    But I did it! :smile:
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options

*sounds of cheering and loud, over-enthusiastic "whoop-whoop" noises* Well done, you :)

Heheheh. Thanks! You're next! ;)

• maggiekat7
    maggiekat7 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    maggiekat7 wrote: »
    finished week 4 this morning. will be repeating it next week (sigh) despite my ambition to plow ahead. any tips on slowing one's pace? i'd like to dial it down to a 11 - 11.5 minute mile, but i seem to naturally pace around 9 - 10. i walk fast 4.3-4.5 mph, which i find comfortable and enjoy . . . but think it might be easier impact on my body if i could run a tad slower.

Great job completing wk 4. If you don't mind me asking, why are you repeating it? Slowing down will definitely help. My goal is 10 min per mile but right now I'm comfortable at 12 min per mile. W4D3 I increased my speed to 11.5/mile but I didn't think I could stay at that pace for w5. Keep up the good work.

My knees are complaining, and I was advised to take the program a little slower. :) oh well, just gives me more practice at slowing down!!

How are you liking week 5, @fit4life_73 ?
  • lddfsu
    lddfsu Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I started week 6 today. I was feeling a little "off" so I only made it through half. I'm glad I stopped because I started feeling a little sick later. Hopefully it's nothing bad. I'm not sure if I will redo day 1 or just move on to day 2.
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Completed w3d1 yesterday- went better then I expected. Bit sore this morning, but nothing unusual. Work has a 5k foam run that everyone signed up for and I need to plop down my money for that- it's in September I think.
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Somehow managed to complete week 3. I can't believe I am doing this! Thanks for all the advice and positive comments on this site <3 After years of being overweight, unhealthy, unfit and unhappy I am starting to feel really good about the future.

Well done!

I start W3 tomorrow, and having struggled with the 90sec runs of week 2 - how did you find the step up to 3 min runs?
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    @samhennings slow down, if you can't hold a conversation then you are going too fast. Slowing down during the run phase is the missing piece of the puzzle for most people. If that does not help, then report back with some specifics of why you are struggling.

Good luck