TEAM ONE

Options

Replies

• Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Well crap, it doesn't want to load my photo of my bagged "super food" salad - kale, broccoli leaves, brussel sprouts, carrots and baby spinach.

Where is everyone finding then"super food"
    Salad?? That would be so much easier to try than having to cook the BS. Only plus to cooking the BS is there will be bacon in it!
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Got the kickboxing done. Had to break it up into 2 (Jessica Smith video) sessions.
    If I feel energetic tomorrow I might try some of the dances. But I'm planning on hitting the pavement since it will hopefully get to 50 tomorrow. Living in the lakeshore it may not get there, but hoping like crazy it will!! Maybe I'll even walk to the store to get the BS.
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options

My two cents......

I would highly recommend stretching exercises and then doing some balance exercises to strengthen the muscles around your ankle. The following link includes a bunch of rehab exercises I had to do for my knee, and they ended up strengthening my ankles more than anything. You may need to take a break from the treadmill for awhile until you get it stronger (don't injure yourself). So......just my thoughts.....I hope it helps some.

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/rehabilitation-exercises/lower-leg-ankle-exercises[/quote]

I'm on it.

Sounds stupid... but since I stopped using the treadmill it is already getting better. However, I'm going to do the strength training since I want to get back to the treadmill asap.

Swimming was hard today. Don't know why.

Been a tiring week.

• LeoLivingByDesign
    LeoLivingByDesign Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I picked eggplant to try for the challenge so I will be preparing that tomorrow, but yesterday I went shopping and picked up some cream spinach in the deli. Sounded pretty gross to me, but I like spinach. It wasn't that bad actually, so now I will have two foods for my challenge. Sorry no picture of the spinach, but I'll try to get a picture of the eggplant. I really like this challenge, I think I might continue to try new things, except sushi, you've got to draw the line somewhere. haha!!
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Worked on the massage tonight. Will finish tomorrow.

Way better when someone else does it.

• MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    TamiJo1004 wrote: »
    Hmmm, I wonder if I roasted broccoli with bacon if I could choke that down... :s

Just drown in cheese! I can even get my husband to eat it with cheese!

Cheese and bacon make everything better... now to wrap my brain around actually eating that stuff!!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Options
    Well crap, it doesn't want to load my photo of my bagged "super food" salad - kale, broccoli leaves, brussel sprouts, carrots and baby spinach.

Where is everyone finding then"super food"
    Salad?? That would be so much easier to try than having to cook the BS. Only plus to cooking the BS is there will be bacon in it!

I found mine in the bagged salad section of my local Meijer. They had a ton of different kinds. I never look at them as they're a lot more expensive than heads of lettuce, but they definitely pack a better nutritional punch.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Options
    @Vowder, I agree! I told my husband he had to massage my feet as part of this challenge and he was all in. And then fell asleep. Looks like my feet are on me today, darn it. :(
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Foot videos DONE! Now I'm gonna go punish them at the gym. Should have reversed that but nobody is up but me so I can do things like that without interruption. I will have the food eaten by the end of the day too.

Have a great Saturday!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Grrr, can't access the spreadsheet again! I've got 62 minutes to add for the day plus the 10 for finishing the food videos. Can somebody help a girl out?!
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Looks like someone's updated you Cardbucfan !x
    Fear not team I have spent the afternoon catching up , kick boxing done ! Videos , done !!! Thank god !?!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    cardbucfan wrote: »
    Grrr, can't access the spreadsheet again! I've got 62 minutes to add for the day plus the 10 for finishing the food videos. Can somebody help a girl out?!
    Gotcha covered! :)
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,965 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the crappy minutes yesterday. Sinus infection here. Hopefully I will get off the couch later at get a walk in.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Tough week here - planned semi-rest week, but now I've got some sort of stomach bug. Sorry. Hoping to get in a long run tomorrow, but will have to wait and see. I have done all the challenges though.

@Vowder - as the queen of ankle injuries, I suggest rest, ice, and ibuprofren. If there is swelling I'd also suggest some sort of compression (over the counter ankle sleeve is fine if it is minor) and elevation. Don't do any activity that causes pain, until the pain is gone. Be careful with any stretching or strengthening exercises while there is still pain or swelling as they could make it worse. Swimming is generally pretty safe, as long as the flutter kick or pushing off from the wall doesn't aggravate it. And try to pinpoint what might have been the source. It does sound like the treadmill could be the culprit - I do stay away from the treadmill because it changes my gait and causes all kinds of problems. Could also be shoes if they have too many miles on them. Or.....something else? If the pain continues, get it checked out. If there is also swelling or bruising, get it checked out. With as much time as you spend on the treadmill, a stress fracture is within the realm of possibility.

For challenge three......
    I had a salad with beets, goat cheese, and yellow carrots. I've had beets and goat cheese before, they're just not high on my preferred list. Never had yellow carrots. Really, I ordered the salad because of the kale and quinoa, which I love. Anyways, I didn't love the beets and goat cheese - made it hard to taste anything else in the salad. I took off most of the goat cheese and some of the beets. I did enjoy the yellow carrots.
    I also tasted my wife's pasta bolognese that she ordered on Valentine's Day. I don't typically eat beef or pork. It was fine. I wouldn't want to eat more than a bite.
    Hopefully that fulfills the intent of the challenge. There's not a lot of "healthy" foods that I haven't tried, and those that I don't like - I've tried more than enough times to know that I don't like it (mostly meats and fish). And though I definitely have preferred fruits and vegetables, I like and will eat almost any.
    So if I need to try something else, I may need some suggestions.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @ka97: That should work great for Challenge #3!
    Sorry to hear about your stomach bug!
    ahat6w.jpg
    HUGS TO YOU TOO! JUST DON'T BARF ON ME!
    <3<3<3<3
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    shutterstock_147699893[1].jpg
    Hey Team! Poor @wolvinnetje has a bug!
    Let’s all chip in an extra 10 minutes today and
    an extra 10 tomorrow to help her feel better!
    Aggie: We hope you get well soon!!
    SENDING LOTS OF HUGS ACROSS THE MILES!
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Will do! Get to feeling better Aggie!