Replies

• TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Challenge 3
    YOU MUST POST ON YOUR TEAM THREAD:

1. WHAT YOU TRIED: Tuna

2. A SEPARATE SENTENCE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE
    Back story: I remember eating tuna casserole as a kid and not being very fond of it. Now, I cringe when my husband opens a can to make Tuna Salad. So I bought a flavored kind. It is full of protein and would be nice to be able to eat it.
    Experience: I put it on a Cobb Salad. At first I thought it wasn't too bad. The more I ate the more the flavor built up. Apparently, I just can't do tuna. I had to brush my teeth immediately after finishing. I would still like to find a way to eat it but I don't know if I will. y95q6wiywm2g.jpg
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,945 Member
    Options
    Just a quick reminder. Make it easy for ME to count your food challenge. Do a separate challenge three post with what you ate and a sentence about it and add your minutes. Today if you can. He may miss it tomorrow if it is in a body of another post!!
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,945 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the feel better wishes!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer -challenge 3 complete.

We went out to a Mediterranean restaurant for our sons birthday. I ate so much new stuff plus some stuff I have had before and not liked.

New: shawarma, baba ganoush, lebbeh, falafel, taboulleh and other stuff I don't know! Lebbeh I didn't like. Taboulleh was very much a meh. Liked the others a lot!

Old: dolman, pickled beets. Yeah. Still don't like!

Also different flavors of baklava. Loved the pistachio one!

Here's a picture of the table mid-meal
    oqpo1pnnqfwz.jpeg

• Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    @wolvinnetje and @120maggie I hope you feel better very soon!! I will get extra minutes in for the both of you today and tomorrow.
    I went and picked up some BS. And I've decided to put it in my salad instead of cooking it. And I pick up a red pepper dressing to put on it. That should make it tasty. I didn't get a lot just in case I don't like them.
    So one more errand to run then I'm off to get a long walk in before the weather gets cold. 57 degrees here which is very odd for February. Then I have to shred up 2 heads of cauliflower and add other goodies to make my own cauliflower rice. I bought quite a few different veggies to make different kinds - still cheaper than buying it in the freezer section.
    I will push myself to get in a DVD workout tonight also to support our other team members. We have to stick together as a team to keep our crown!!!
  • GSXRGIRL61
    GSXRGIRL61 Posts: 6,260 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    There's so much sickness here that all the schools in the area closed for a couple of days last week. Sending good vibes to all who are sick. <3
    I finished 1 foot massage video earlier in the week. Will do 2 tonight, and tomorrow I'll finish the BAFMV .
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @wolvinnetje, @ka97 and @120maggie

7e8t1wvnnu7j.jpg

My mins for today will definitely help out our team.. B)
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Feel better all of you who are under the weather! Sorry to see our teammates down and hope you can bounce back quickly. In the meantime, take care of yourselves.

I had a bunch of minutes today too and got over my 700 limit so I have done what I can to help out. It was such a gloriously sunny day today. It got up to 55 degrees! Such a nice change after our days and days of snow and cold. I went for a long run with my group this morning and then a long hike with Stella. And then a nap!

I have my new things to try all lined up for tomorrow for challenge 3. Finally made it to the store with some time to browse around tonight. I hope we do this one again because I have more on my list try, but I selected two items for tomorrow. Tonight I "tried" Wegman's ultimate cheesecake with raspberries. I give that a thumbs up :wink:

Other than the aspic, almost everything you all have tried sounds good to me. I would LOVE the goat cheese, beet and yellow carrot salad and I'm a huge fan of meditteranean food. @cardbucfan that all looks and sounds good. I have to admit to not being a huge fan of dolman though.

Have a good night all. Sweet dreams and healing/healthy thoughts to all!
    t6rzja0ej67f.jpg
  • Ingrid2017
    Ingrid2017 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    @wolvinnetje, @ka97 and @120maggie

I hope you all feel better soon!

9gvy8f7404m7.jpg
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    We still have lots of blanks on the foot massage challenge! kdzygsqv278r.png
    It feels so good! You will be grateful you completed the challenge!
    eb40accp9r6g.png
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Visiting my mom this weekend. Sister here too. Three hours in the car today and three back tomorrow. But I still got over a hundred miles today. Won't make 700 this week though. Can't recover from low numbers Monday and Tuesday.
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    @junodog1
    That's okay we just do our best! Some weeks are easier to get exercise in than others.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Lost half my post. Argh

Almost done with the foot massages.

Cooking beet chips in the morning.

All challenges will be done.
  • aenglehardt347
    aenglehardt347 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    TamiJo1004 wrote: »
    eabrhbyvvyjv.png
    I woke up kinda dragging this morning and congested but did my morning walk and I am determined to have a great day!

That is the best attitude! Love it
  • aenglehardt347
    aenglehardt347 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Today was nice outside, not as nice as yesterday but still sun shiny! Went for an hour walk and played with the dogs outside. Does playing with the dogs outside count? I normally don't do that until spring/summer but they needed some play time with the ball being thrown around. We normally just go for walks but they had spring fever and needed more. We played and extra 15 minutes when we got home today. They like fetch, all four of them go for the ball
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice on the ankle. It hurts again today.

I think it started when I started doing HIIT on the treadmill at 15 degrees. After it started hurting I flattened the treadmill out but it hasn't healed. Last treadmill workout was at 0 degrees and it still hurt afterward.

I am off it now for a bit. Bizarrely I'm missing the treadmill time. As it heals I am going to start strength exercises.

My minutes will be down a bit while I adjust but I WILL make it up swimming next week.

Finished the foot massages.

Glad the challenges are over and that tomorrow is Sunday. I am glad this week is almost over.