Thoughts and Feelings

Options
Saiosyn
Saiosyn Posts: 41 Member
Got great news? Feeling down? Doesn't matter, share it here. We're here for you. Don't be afraid to let your insecurities or awesomeness show.

Replies

• SeminoleGirl78
    SeminoleGirl78 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My hardest part about losing weight is living with my boyfriend and his kids. They are pretty much all sticks, eat what they want and don't gain weight. It's really hard to see them eat unhealthy foods all the time and try to stick to eating healthy.
  • alexnkae2012
    alexnkae2012 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My hardest part about losing weight is living with my boyfriend and his kids. They are pretty much all sticks, eat what they want and don't gain weight. It's really hard to see them eat unhealthy foods all the time and try to stick to eating healthy.

I can relate to that. My ex was the same way. He could eat anything and everything and never gain any weight, and always be eating. It was really hard for me when we lived together to stick to anything.
  • Saiosyn
    Options

Oh yeah, tell me about it. My roommate and daughter are the same way. He'll eat a whole container of cookies or a whole batch of brownies. So much processed food and he's still a stick. And my daughter eats and eats and eats and doesn't gain a thing, in fact, she's underweight. What sucks most is I still feed her. So I'm shovelling super fatty foods and pasta in her face and I can't even lick a spoon xD I smell the pudding she's eating and gain 10lbs =P
  • Meatymama45
    Meatymama45 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat here. I just gained back 5 lbs while doing strict Keto which is regulated calories 20% carbs/60% fat/20% protein. I pretty much said forget it after a month of that. It's a calories in and calories out focus from here onward. And I need to eat healthy. My husband is able to self regulate like nobodies business and same with our son. They've both never been on a diet a day in their life. They both work office jobs too and don't exercise. Ugh. My son can eat a package of candy or cookies and he's tall and thin as ever.
  • SeminoleGirl78
    SeminoleGirl78 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It's nice to know I'm not alone in this battle. Thanks for sharing
  • alexnkae2012
    Options
    I know this may be silly, but does anyone get scared or have anxiety about losing weight? I struggle with this a lot when I start to lose a decent amount and then I shut down and can't keep going. I know I'm definitely afraid of change and the unknown. Any suggestions how I can get past that? So far I'm ok, but I get worried that it will happen.
  • Saiosyn
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I know this may be silly, but does anyone get scared or have anxiety about losing weight? I struggle with this a lot when I start to lose a decent amount and then I shut down and can't keep going. I know I'm definitely afraid of change and the unknown. Any suggestions how I can get past that? So far I'm ok, but I get worried that it will happen.

I'm scared of loose skin and that I'll gain everything back if I stray even slightly off my diet. Also scared that it won't work. And I'm doomed to stay fat and unhappy forever. I'm also scared somethings going to lick my toes while I sleep, but I still sleep. xD For me, I tell myself to suck it up and you never know until you try. If you ever have these feelings, or something is starting to bring you down, or just feel anxious, send me a msg, or post here. I WILL respond. As I'm sure others will too. That's why I made this group and these discussions. We all need a support system. Weight loss is one hell of an emotional rollercoaster. But we're riding it together. We got you.
  • Meatymama45
    Meatymama45 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Yes. I get anxiety. I get really scared. I understand how you feel.
  • alexnkae2012
    Options
    I appreciate that a lot guys. I've tried to explain it to my parents and my boyfriend but no one seems to understand. They were/are overweight too, but at some point in there lives they have all been skinny. I never was, and sometimes it can be really overwhelming. Thanks for your help :)
  • ctrdawn
    ctrdawn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat I have never been skinny I started gaining at 8 years old and slowly overtime gainned more and more. a lot of it comes down to - I want to be health, and able to do things that I can't now.
  • jus4ninny
    jus4ninny Posts: 19 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

I understand. My husband can say "I need to lose weight" and instantly drop 20 lbs. I have a new theory. At might, it jumps off him and sticks to me!
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

It actually is not silly at all. The first time I lost a lot of weight someone called me skinny and I freaked out. I vividly remember. Mind you, I was nowhere close to skinny but I had lost a lot of weight. That one little comment freaked me out so badly that I stopped caring about losing weight.
    Fast forward about 10 years later, when I decided to take charge of my life and my health. When people call me skinny, I laugh and say thank you. Again, I am nowhere close to skinny, but I know what they mean. A lot of weight loss is mental or everyone who wanted to lose weight would lose it. What has worked for me in the past two years is to not get bogged down on the scale and what it says or does not say. I weigh myself faithfully every Monday. I record it and I move on. If I have to make adjustments I do, if I have a loss I allow myself a few minutes of congratulations then I get right back to it.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I'm happy with my progress but also sometimes feel overwhelmed with the scale, or scope of this journey. Dropping 100 lbs can easily be 18-24 months of careful eating. Dropping a lb or more a week, every week, is no simple task for us to accomplish.
  • forCole
    forCole Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    LCHF feels very natural to me. First time a woe ever felt like that for me.
  • anna4anna
    anna4anna Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    forCole wrote: »
    LCHF feels very natural to me. First time a woe ever felt like that for me.

I know exactly what you mean. It's the first WOE where it feels like a total lifestyle to me and I've tried so many different things. But keto is for life.

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I tend to be very pessamistic myself. The last time I was successful, I didn't give away my larger clothes, sticking them instead in the closet because I just knew I was going to need them again - and probably setting myself up for failure. But I've been heavy my entire life and have tried and failed so many times, that it's so hard to believe that I just might succeed in getting it off and keeping it off this time! Especially when I have PCOS and thyroid issues, so my body fights against me constantly.
  • anna4anna
    anna4anna Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I tend to be very pessamistic myself. The last time I was successful, I didn't give away my larger clothes, sticking them instead in the closet because I just knew I was going to need them again - and probably setting myself up for failure. But I've been heavy my entire life and have tried and failed so many times, that it's so hard to believe that I just might succeed in getting it off and keeping it off this time! Especially when I have PCOS and thyroid issues, so my body fights against me constantly.

I have PCOS as well and my body is insulin resistant. It's taken me a long time to find a way of eating that works for me. Keep going and when you move past clothing sizes, definitely consider saying goodbye of those clothes. It's actually pretty fun getting new clothes :)
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm flooded with all kinds of contradictory feelings. I won't unpack them all, but I do worry that I'm going to have a lot of loose skin and look older when I lose the weight. I'm also SO EXCITED that I'm going to be able to wear cuter clothes!!! But I don't have the money to spend on clothes, so there's a disappointment. But also I'm really proud of myself! I've lost 15 pounds in a month, that's amazing!

My rings won't fit my fingers and I don't have money to resize them. But I might avoid diabetes and heart disease! I can't eat as much delicious fatty foods and I LOVE delicious fatty foods. But I can still have some sometimes!

The pros outweigh the cons, which is why I'm here, but I am a whirlwind of pride, self-doubt, excitement, and anxiety.
  • LizJru
    LizJru Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The pros outweigh the cons, which is why I'm here, but I am a whirlwind of pride, self-doubt, excitement, and anxiety.

Me too, I love this description. I'm feeling a little all over the place. It's an overall good feeling, though.