Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Well! It was very cold tonight and my phone shut down because of it. I mentally kept count running until it turned back on. Then opened up the first unchecked box and was surprised I needed to run 4 minutes instead of 3 like I thought. So I ran 4 minutes. Then 4 again. Then 3 minutes.

I just now realized that when my phone shut down the app counted the W3D3 as complete and then I opened up W4D1 and ran the majority of that.

So I'm a little confused as to what to do... should I repeat W4D1 or do W3D3 tomorrow or go on to W4D2 since I was able to do W4D1.

Decisions, decisions!
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Week 4 Day 2!!

I think I'll take a rest day tomorrow.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    W8D2 was done yesterday. Nice and easy. Will finish it today! :)
  • agrima27
    agrima27 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Week 5 Day 3 is done. I didn't run the whole 20, because I had to rest for about 4 mins. Still got in 2.19 miles and ran faster outside than I usually run on the treadmill. I am going to try running outside 2 days a week instead of 1 because it is so much nicer, but it all depends on the weather :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    W8D2 was done yesterday. Nice and easy. Will finish it today! :)

W8D3 is done! Was running pretty slowly and only did 2.5 miles in 30 minutes. Will run 5k next time - will see how much time will it take!
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    W4D1 is done. Omg! What a booger!
    I hope that's the hardest thing I have to do today, but.... Sitting and waiting for my 7 month post-op obgyn appointment. Woohoo!
    (not)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    CM_73 wrote: »
    Well done everyone, amazing progress!

W8D1 complete. Wasn't actually too bad but I was on a flat route today with very little mud!
    It always follows the same pattern for me though, I start jogging then start doubting I'll be able to finish it. A few minutes later I know I won't be able to finish. Then I start wondering if maybe I can... And then I've done it! Anybody else?

Happens to me sometimes if I do not feel like running and think "meh, maybe I'll walk in the middle?" But then I usually pick up the pace and just keep going...
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    W9D1 (5k) is done. 36 minutes. That's a lot for me :(
    Last 5k I did about a year ago was less than 30 min. I actually have a race coming up in couple weeks - will see what the actual time will be. Usually adrenaline kicks in and I do better than regular runs. I'll keep doing my 5k's until the race and then will start slowly increasing the distance for my 10k race in May! :)
    Good luck to everyone! I'll be checking in from time to time :)

Awesome, well done!!
  • goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    W6 D3 done!
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    W4D2 done!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Week 5 day 2!
    I did a trail run today! I was nervous about going up and down hills.
    Afraid I couldn't do it.
    Not only did I do it, but I kept running after my timer hit cool down! Not for very long... I didn't want to mess with my progress with the program. But I could tell I could have run the whole dang thing.
    I'm so empowered! Next one is the end of week 5! Then just 9 more runs... insane!

@SierraFatToSkinny Welcome to the Darkside - The wonderful world of Trail Running.
    It's a completely different experience than Park Trails, sidewalks etc.
    Once bitten - twice hooked.
    Next thing you know you will be buying special Trail Shoes and after a few organized 5/10km Course Races will be looking for Trail Races. They are just so much fun.
  • goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have never really run outdoors before- only treadmill running with an incline of 0.5, but I thought I would give it a go today in the local park/forest. It was windy, raining slightly and cold. I honestly struggled, but W7 D1 was completed (with a lot of paused walking breaks and I had to sit down twice.)

I think for me with outdoor running it would be best to start right from the beginning of week 1- it really just did feel so much more different than I expected. I did download the 10k app which I could use for that. I'm planning on running my first 10k In june, slightly worried if I will actually be able to complete it, but it would be mainly on roads and not muddy paths. Onwards and upwards I guess.
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    goldenday wrote: »
    I have never really run outdoors before- only treadmill running with an incline of 0.5, but I thought I would give it a go today in the local park/forest. It was windy, raining slightly and cold. I honestly struggled, but W7 D1 was completed (with a lot of paused walking breaks and I had to sit down twice.)

I think for me with outdoor running it would be best to start right from the beginning of week 1- it really just did feel so much more different than I expected. I did download the 10k app which I could use for that. I'm planning on running my first 10k In june, slightly worried if I will actually be able to complete it, but it would be mainly on roads and not muddy paths. Onwards and upwards I guess.

You have plenty of time to get ready for that 10k. Just keep running until then. Keep up the good work.