TEAM ONE

Options

Replies

• 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,900 Member
    Options
    So last Friday we went to dinner and my daughter got Jamaica me crazy spicy dish with shrimp and chicken. I would have gotten it too but I was concerned about calculating the sauce had rum and a fruity glaze. She ate the left overs yesterday
  • 120maggie
    Options
    @mswanger09 spice RUB or spice RUM
  • 120maggie
    Options
    My post got cut off when I added am emoji or two!!! Captain Morgan does not count :D:D
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    mswanger09 wrote: »
    @hawkins410, I have a question about Challenge #3. I happen to still have a spice run that we purchased while in Jamaica, will that count? Or just I find something new?
    If you mean spice rub, then yes.
    If you mean spice rum, then no. ;)
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    @hawkins410-I'm traveling so no cooking for me. Can I order something in a restaurant with one of those spices?
  • Ingrid2017
    Ingrid2017 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Congrats Team, We pulled it out again! Looks like a short leg this week, so we'll need a lot of minutes to crank out the bonus points!

Hopefully everyone is starting to feel better! <3

w9ntm388a6vn.jpg
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Ya mon - I love Jamaica! Been there 3 times including my honeymoon and climbed Duns River Falls every time. It was better the first two times-it's become so commercialized now. Had goat dogs too (not an experience I want to repeat although the goat stew was ....interesting). I will get lots of minutes hiking but won't get to the videos until we get to the hotel in Scottsdale and I have privacy! Ok, off to hike now. Ttyl!
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Love this week! From COLD to HOT.

Good exercises. Good location. Good fun.

Went to the DR. today. Guess what. A real surprise. Don't strain it further, do some exercises/stretches until it heals. Definitely a tendon issue. Good thing I can still master the exercises here (with just a little accommodation).

First puppies go to their permanent home on Friday. Most gone by Sunday.

• Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    http://iditarod.com/live/

So cool to watch!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Vowder wrote: »
    http://iditarod.com/live/
    So cool to watch!

WAY COOL! THOSE PUPS REALLY WANT TO TAKE OFF!
    THANK YOU! :)
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    So instead of cooking with a spice is it ok to bake something with a spice in it?? Surprises ganja isn't on the spice list. It's very popular there. Hahahaa no im not baking brownies with ganja in it. I was going to look for my Lemon Thyme bread recipe
    @hawkins410 is this legal?

Mr. Arthur Itis is making an unexpected visit today. Always shows up when it's damp and foggy and gonna rain. So I think I'm taking it easy today and maybe do Challenge 3 if I can find my recipe.

No worries mon I'll be back tomorrow when this weather front moves on.
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer

Challenge #3
    Ginger - I made cauliflower vegetable with fresh ginger in it. In all my Indian cooking I usually put garlic and ginger to bring out the ethnic flavor and spices of Indian food
    I wouldn't eat raw however in India and here at indian grocery storestore you do get dried ginger if you chose to eat as it has many health benefits. I have tried it but not something I am a big fan off. So I think I will use ginger in my recipe that is what I can handle.

• CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    All the you tube videos are completed while staying active.

Challenge# 2
    Recovery video day routine completed
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    mswanger09 wrote: »
    @hawkins410, I have a question about Challenge #3. I happen to still have a spice run that we purchased while in Jamaica, will that count? Or just I find something new?
    If you mean spice rub, then yes.
    If you mean spice rum, then no. ;)
    What????? How about a pan seared chicken breast, deglazed with some captain morgan and grilled pineapple??? Sounds healthy to me! :)

Vowder wrote: »
    Went to the DR. today. Guess what. A real surprise. Don't strain it further, do some exercises/stretches until it heals. Definitely a tendon issue. Good thing I can still master the exercises here (with just a little accommodation).

achilles tendinitis????

I had a successful run today B) I had taken the day off from work to go to my nephew's IEP meeting. The run was great to help clear my head and de-stress afterwards. And now there is wine! :D
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Great job to those of you who are right on the food challenge!

@GSXRGIRL61 - yours sounded so promising until I got to the part where you don't like thyme. It can be overwhelming but I'm a fan in the right dishes.

@mts7471 that cauliflower with ginger dish sounds good. I love Indian food.

@ka97 your stir fry also sounds good. I'm always impressed with people who are able to improvise and actually have stuff on hand to do it. Also, awesome job on your run today. I can't remember if you've told me if you are training for something specific? I just signed up for a fall half marathon and I want to do a couple things before that but haven't decided yet.

I had a great run group workout tonight and got some great comments from one of the coaches on how much my running has improved. I'm feeling really good about it. I will never be a fast runner but getting incrementally faster and stronger makes me happy.

With two decent walks with Stella today, I was up to 153 minutes. I will try to max out minutes this week after not being able to last week.

Great job team!