Super Shape-Up March 2017: Week 1 (3/1-3/7)

Options

Replies

• mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Did well last week with the no phone after bedtime goal. Got some good runs in. So success. This week I need to focus on getting back on track after a weekend of fun. No serious indulgences but no exercise and more alcohol than is really necessary. :sunglasses:
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    For 3/5
    Coconut oil yes
    Activity-2 hours of bowling (counting that as my strength training as well)
    Plank-a few seconds longer

Finally feeling almost over this cold. Made a tuna casserole with cauliflower last night, turned out pretty tasty.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    3/2/2017
    1- log all food and maintain a deficit - check
    2- weights 4x/week - skipped weights :neutral:
    3- not more than 1 alcoholic drink per week - 0 for the week

3/3/2017
    2- weights 4x/week - stretch day

3/4/2017
    2- weights 4x/week - upper weights done

3/5/2017
    2- weights 4x/week - lower weights done
    3- not more than 1 alcoholic drink per week - 4 glasse of wine
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I'll do an 800 minute Shape Up, Mix-It Up March:

Piloxing: Today=35 minutes. Good cardio but can be tough on knees (twisting).
    Physical Therapy Resistance Bands: 30 minutes previously, Today 20 minutes
    Walking: 19 minutes previously, Today, 20 minutes. Same walk to the library 1.24 miles

Yoga: 40 minutes
    Stationary Recumbent: 20, 20 minutes
    Pilates: 30 minutes
    Zumba: 16 min.
    Low Impact Aerobics: 25min.
    Basic Body Flex Stretches: 15, 10 min.
    Body Resistance Exercises (which I hate)
    PiYo
    Kettlebells- maybe. Depends on the arm
    7 Minute Workout App (android)
    Walk Away the Pounds

• SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    @SuperCarLori I hope you feel better! You can do it!

Hey thank you sooooo much! :) My day got better. :)
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »
    I'm feeling discouraged today.
    Pms.
    I'll eat keto, deal? :|

My ute's being a total B today. We can do this. <3

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
    Yeah, I'm still just doing the whole pms deal, it gets bloody before it gets better.
    -_-
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Cadori wrote: »
    I'm feeling discouraged today.
    Pms.
    I'll eat keto, deal? :|

My ute's being a total B today. We can do this. <3

I want to punch TOM in the face, rip off his limbs, and beat him with them right now. Just sayin'. :smirk:

:frowning:

<3
  • nanapuddin1
    nanapuddin1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Well, I thought I had posted yesterday with my goals. Late jumping in on this challenge, but better late than never, huh?
    GOALS:
    Walk a mile every day----done
    Jump on mini trampoline 10 minutes/3 times a week
    Drink at least 32 oz water every day----done
    Focus on meeting my macros----not so good
    Log every day----done
  • crunchketo
    crunchketo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Made it though one week of workouts! So excited and I can even climb stars without workout afterburn ;) tried two new keto recipes from an actual keto book (vs internet). Looking forward to week two!
  • Scorpiotwin
    Scorpiotwin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    So for today. 2 out of 3
    64 oz of water finished at around 80 plus oz
    Workout: total bust. The day just slipped away from me. Running errands and studying for tests. Plus, I think my body needed to break, it's cold rainy and my plantar fasciitis is flaring up pretty badly.

Stay under a 100 carbs I'm under without looking at my macros I think I'm around 70. Someone recommend peanut butter on another thread to help get my calories up and I went a little off the rails there. Mmmmm peanut butter. Fresh ground honey nut peanut butter the best.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Past few days have been very rough. Yes, I drank my water and mostly finished my eating by midnight (a couple times it was 1 AM just because of how my patrol was running) but I am fighting a tummy flu bug... not the good kind you lose weight with either, lol. Just the crampy gut wrenching ache and then bloat after eating ANYTHING. I'd just fast but my gut is rumbling and aching even empty, and I feel so hungry at my usual eating time that I think every day that somehow it will be different.
    And it isn't... (yet)
    zwanger40.gif
    ignore the cigarette... I don't smoke. But this pic is how I feel lately.
  • TravellerRay
    TravellerRay Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Got my fit bit report yesterday and hit 52000 steps last week. Definite result :)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Day 6 was a success. I did Stronglift workout in the morning and went for my walk. I did my evening Kettlebell workout. I hit my macros and stayed under 30 g carbs. I was active during the day and moved every hour. The science of CICO simply doesn't work when your body hits a plateau! Frustrating!
  • StarshipFighter23
    StarshipFighter23 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've had an up and down first week... Kept macros and carbs good and have continued to lose weight, but have been kept away from the gym and a lot of my exercise in general by a bacterial chest infection AND a viral infection at the same time... Got antibiotics for the chest, but am just going to have to power through the swollen glands, sore throat and head cold...
  • SuperCarLori
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I've had an up and down first week... Kept macros and carbs good and have continued to lose weight, but have been kept away from the gym and a lot of my exercise in general by a bacterial chest infection AND a viral infection at the same time... Got antibiotics for the chest, but am just going to have to power through the swollen glands, sore throat and head cold...

Oh jeez. Are you sure you shouldn't be focusing on resting and healing?? Working out can wait! I'm sorry your sick.
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    So yesterday ended up higher favorite, but I don't care, cause I'm a lady whose got some special lady time coming. -_-

But I've been active, I've been keeping my carbs low, no sugar, no wheat.

And I'm losing again. For the next week it'll keep up at this rate, then back to the ol two pounds up, three pounds down, turn around and doe si doe. Perfectly typical for all of my loss.

Have a great day!
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    @SuperCarLori I soooooo do not miss that special lady time. At all.
  • GrannyGump
    GrannyGump Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just joining in. I am down 9.5# since I started 5 weeks ago, but am stalled. Have done much reading and know this is to be expected. My goal is to push through this plateau this month. I am happy about exercise progress: have gone from 2 mi walk that left me uber tired, to walking 4 miles (or bike ride of 18 on the weekend!) I am sure I have gained some muscle and my clothes fit much better. I started 5:2 fasting 3 weeks ago and find that the best fit for me eating-plan-wise. I don't obsess about calories on non-fast days, but I have cut waaaay back on wine. Definitely sleeping better.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    3/6 check in:

logged - yes
    carbs - no
    water - no
    sleep - almost 8 hours! This is huge for me! Granted, Nyquil contributed because I can't kick this cold, but man I slept good.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Day 7.
    Lost my daily checkin streak already; but i nailed 5 out of 7 days: 30 minutes assorted activity.
    Hope to return to the daily log in here this upcoming week.

While that is pretty good for this die hard couch potato...for this goal, I really am shooting for a daily 30 minutes. Its not alot, but i want to firmly entrench this as a reasonable doable habit.
    Hoping for 7 of 7 days next week..logged daily!