TEAM ONE

Options

Replies

• Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Changed my mind and completed challenge 2. The stretching did me some good and I must brag a bit. When she went into the postition of bending over with her hands in the floor I was able to put my hands flat on the floor! Not just finger tips. Couldn't do the frog cig my knee just don't bend that far. But I was pretty impressed I could touch the floor and not fall over and not feel in a lot of pain. 2yrs ago there was no way in heck I could have done that!! I had to make a few modification to some of the moves but I kept stretching the whole time.

I also watched the videos and did some gentle walking in place and kicks.
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Great job to those of you who are right on the food challenge!

@GSXRGIRL61 - yours sounded so promising until I got to the part where you don't like thyme. It can be overwhelming but I'm a fan in the right dishes.

@mts7471 that cauliflower with ginger dish sounds good. I love Indian food.

@ka97 your stir fry also sounds good. I'm always impressed with people who are able to improvise and actually have stuff on hand to do it. Also, awesome job on your run today. I can't remember if you've told me if you are training for something specific? I just signed up for a fall half marathon and I want to do a couple things before that but haven't decided yet.

I had a great run group workout tonight and got some great comments from one of the coaches on how much my running has improved. I'm feeling really good about it. I will never be a fast runner but getting incrementally faster and stronger makes me happy.

With two decent walks with Stella today, I was up to 153 minutes. I will try to max out minutes this week after not being able to last week.

Great job team!

I will have to send you the recipe of Chicken Makhani. I think I have nailed that recipe better than restaurant..
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Challenge 3:
    Thyme
    Because I am a low carber, I'm always on the prowl for a good,healthy substitute for things that typically aren't so healthy. I found this recipe - http://simplysohealthy.com/low-carb-pecan-stuffing/ - for low carb pecan stuffing. Let me tell you, stuffing is my favorite part of Thanksgiving and this will most definitely be served. Great flavors, great crunchy texture. It's hard to wrap your head around, but once you taste it, you'll understand!!
  • LeoLivingByDesign
    LeoLivingByDesign Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Challenge 3 - I used ginger to make homemade Worcestershire sauce to use in a marinade for our steak. It was delicious, We grilled the steak on the BBQ to make it healthier. We served it with homemade baked sweet potato fries which I sprinkled with a little cinnamon and nutmeg. I got 100 lbs of sweet potatoes from work so a lot of my recipes will include them for a while. lol :) I made two batches of Sweet potato vegetarian shepherd pies to freeze to take to work, none of the six ingredients but it had turmeric and curry. That is also delicious!
  • aenglehardt347
    aenglehardt347 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    120maggie wrote: »
    Thanks everybody. this is another" too close to call one" as I head to bed!!! Have to get up early for Zumba and our next destination

Sorry I lost us 15 points by not separating my challenges of #1 and #3 in different posts last week. I will try to be more careful and attentive this week.
  • aenglehardt347
    Options
    Done with the painting I planned on doing while on vacation. Put in an easy 100 minutes. Lost count when I took off my watch and had my timer set. :o now to enter my minutes and read about where we are going B)
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,900 Member
    Options
    Challenge #3
    Thyme, Ginger, Scallions.
    Is there a difference from regular and E Scallions? They looked the same on line.
    Got home late from a fitness class. Sauted mushrooms and scallions in with cooking spray and ginger, Salt, and pepper. Scrambled in two eggs with a bit of Thyme. Very flavorful. A good change. I usually do Mexican or Italian seasoning in my eggs.
  • aenglehardt347
    Options
    So excited to go to Jamaica! I already have a recipe planned for tomorrow that has 4 of the spices, didn't even know. But are American peppers the same as the scotch peppers or are they more spicy? Anyone know?
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Options
    No idea on the peppers, @aenglehardt347! Your recipe sounds intriguing - what is it?
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Options
    Omg...

Most Scotch bonnets have a heat rating of 100,000–350,000 Scoville units. For comparison, most jalapeño peppers have a heat rating of 2,500 to 8,000 on the Scoville scale. However, completely sweet varieties of Scotch bonnet are grown on some of the Caribbean islands, called cachucha peppers.
    Scotch bonnet (pepper) - Wikipedia
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,900 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Started the week strong. Zumba yesterday before work, Turbo Jam at lunch, and then my functional fitness class in the evening. Today did two sessions of the Kearia Reggae dance, one each of the reggae sway (little too slow for me) and the relaxing video. -- Reggae sway, Being 5'2" I could not get over how long that woman on the left legs are!!! My Maggie is just like Peanut is in the relaxing video. During Zumba she will lie on her bed and say "Really??". When I stretch she is right there!! Off to the dentist :/:# Have a good day!!
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    mswanger09 wrote: »
    @hawkins410, I have a question about Challenge #3. I happen to still have a spice run that we purchased while in Jamaica, will that count? Or just I find something new?
    If you mean spice rub, then yes.
    If you mean spice rum, then no. ;)
    What????? How about a pan seared chicken breast, deglazed with some captain morgan and grilled pineapple??? Sounds healthy to me! :)

I like your thinking @ka97!!!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    So excited to go to Jamaica! I already have a recipe planned for tomorrow that has 4 of the spices, didn't even know. But are American peppers the same as the scotch peppers or are they more spicy? Anyone know?

Scotch Bonnet peppers are very spicy -as quoted above. I don't know what you mean by American peppers but I would say to use them cautiously if at all, unless you are a huge hot pepper fan.
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Looks like a good start to the week!

Planning on using Ginger. Going to make a low-carb ginger beef for supper this week.

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Uh oh, I may be on injured reserve. Yesterday coming down the rock formation I fell and really wrenched my knee. I heard a "pop" but was able to keep walking on it. Last night it hurt to roll over and I'm having to walk very gingerly today. Taking today easy-no hiking or working out and hopefully it will feel better.
  • Ingrid2017
    Ingrid2017 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Challenge #3:

I used Thyme, Ginger, Nutmeg, Allspice (Jamaican Pimento) (and about 10 misc. spices)
    I made Mutter Paneer (an Indian Dish) Jamaican Style by augmenting the already spicy dish with the above spices. I also added rice to resemble the Jamaican Rice and Peas. The resulting dish was delicious :) .
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    @cardbucfan - oh no! I am so sorry to read that you may have injured your knee. Please be careful on it.

Everyone's recipes sound SO good this far. I am thinking of making Chicken Tikka Masala - it has fresh ginger in it and is REALLY good. But, I may have to try some of the items a few of you mentioned. Yum!

I hope ya'll are having a great day. I am on meeting overload at work and am taking a quick break before the next one.
    2v05z4y4rk2q.png
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys. I'm down for the night. Arthur Itis has my knee really swollen despite wearing my brace today. So I'm going to do challenge 3 today. Making pork chops with Thyme and then putting some Thyme in my cauliflower/sweet potato rice. I'll post the finished product. I might do some light weights later and some stretching while laying on the floor. Pretty bummed cuz I was going to go for al walk after work with a friend. I also came home to a huge branch that has fallen from our big maple in the back yard today. Very strong winds today. 40+mph winds. Luckily no damage and no one hurt. Just quite a bit of work to get it clean up.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic I guess you could say I'm training to decide whether to do a March/April half marathon or not. There's a couple that I'm thinking about, but haven't signed up yet. I think I enjoy the training more than the actual race.

@cardbucfan and @mamaelf2008 take it easy and be careful! Hopefully it's nothing serious!

Workout with the trainer tonight. I'm wiped! Also did the "relax" video - used it as more of a warmup before heading to the gym.