Options

THE AMAZING RACE - "WINTER BLITZ"
    CLOSING CEREMONIES
    HAVE BEGUN!
    :)
  • Tazieisland
    Tazieisland Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    It was great racing with everyone. Good luck with your fitness goals.
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @Tazieisland Thank You

I just wanted to let everyone know, that they usually will leave the group open so if you want to continue checking in here you can. I enjoyed working with all of you guys on our journey to a healthier us.
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,145 Member
    Options
  • TrkyVic0327
    TrkyVic0327 Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I greatly enjoyed this race as well! Bummed about no Spring Race, but excited for the next Summer Race!

:smile:
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    I could probably do something for our team if everyone/anyone is interested. It wouldn't be put together like Hawkins does, but I could make a tracking website, and maybe we could take turn putting challenges together. Let me know if anyone is interested.
  • starjam25
    starjam25 Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    jdelaroy wrote: »
    I could probably do something for our team if everyone/anyone is interested. It wouldn't be put together like Hawkins does, but I could make a tracking website, and maybe we could take turn putting challenges together. Let me know if anyone is interested.

@jdelaroy
    I think that would be great! I'd participate! I was thinking of doing the videos again just because anyway, so would be fun and encouraging to do it with others!
  • starjam25
    starjam25 Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    So one of the challenges was to give up a bad habit and I was going to do my most beloved soda but changed to chocolate. Well, I'm doing it now. Yesterday was my first day wth no diet soda aka caffeine, and I'm still up and walking! And no headache!
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    I'm l'm also interested plus this would help us stay on track, :)
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    Awesome guys! I will try and put a sheet together this weekend. We can start on Monday.
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    jdelaroy wrote: »
    Awesome guys! I will try and put a sheet together this weekend. We can start on Monday.

Plus anyone can feel free to jump aboard ANYTIME, it works for them :)
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    I had an excellent day exercising yesterday, but I think I undid it all with gobs of sugar.
  • TrkyVic0327
    Options
    I love this idea! Yes! I am definitely not as motivated to log everything in to MFP since this challenge has ended. Also, life got a bit busier for me this past week with prepping for state testing with my daughter. I will be glad when that is over in a couple of weeks!

And my husband has been sick for 3 weeks now and we just found out it's from vitamin D deficiency and we've known about his severe allergies. He's been no help meal prepping or anything, so I've felt like I'm drowning trying to do this all by myself. He's doing all he can just to go to work everyday, so I will be happy when he helps out with eating well again, because it's a team effort for sure. I don't know how anyone does it alone or without the help of your significant other and immediate family members. Kudos to you if you do that!

This past week was awful with eating, but I count it a victory that everyone was fed, I kept schooling my daughter, and the house didn't go full tornado on me(you know, where it looks like a tornado has gone through your house kind of mess). Monday is my birthday and the first day of state testing. So, it's basically going to suck as far as Birthday goes, but at least it doesn't fall on Easter this year like it did last year! Lol! :lol: Anyways, thanks for listening to my rambling. I needed it!

Hope you all have an awesome weekend!

~ Vicki
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    Oh man that is rough! Everyone fed and helping your daughter is truly a win. Happy birthday!
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    I can so relate with you Vicki, I have had such a bad week with eating out most days, cakes and chocolates in the office and no motivation to keep up the exercise - hence putting on a whopping 5 pounds. Before this I have been stuck at the same weight for ages so it's time to take proper stock. I am going to give the 5:2 eating plan a go if only to kick start myself back on track.

I never thought that I would lose so much motivation when the challenges finished. I still have one going and hopefully Hogwarts will be back for their new term soon - so Team Six or Sixpack let's still do this together
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,189 Member
    Options
    It was a great challenge, I am just sorry that I did not engage as much as I wanted to with the group. There was always something coming up, and time got short.
    But I always enjoyed reading all your comments, they motivated me to keep up with everything!

So if there is going to be an unofficial race, I am in! <3
    And I will try my best to be more active in the forum.
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    starjam25 wrote: »
    So one of the challenges was to give up a bad habit and I was going to do my most beloved soda but changed to chocolate. Well, I'm doing it now. Yesterday was my first day wth no diet soda aka caffeine, and I'm still up and walking! And no headache!

Yesterday, was a wash for me too, those darn brownies I made for my husband, :'(:#:'(
    Since it seems lodging and just eating healthy has been a problem for everyone. Let's just make this simple and starting Mon - Sun, give up a bad habit, (example, late night eating, chocolate, chips,). Instead of making it for a certain amount of days, whoever accomplishes this the most day, picks the next challenge. If it's a tie, @jdelaroy picks the winner.

Does this sound okay, :)
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me Jackie - now I need to think of what I shall give up!
  • TrkyVic0327
    Options
    I like it, Jackie! :smile:
    I'm going to give up soda and sweet tea. I love tea without any sweeteners, so I don't know why I insist on getting them in it! Here's to a great week, Sixpack!