Today im a nerd because...

Options

Replies

• renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    renku wrote: »
    Because I'm dragging my wife to The Running Man, then possibly The 5th Element tonight
    Oh 5th element! I still haven't figured out why I like that movie, but I do. No wait, Ruby Rhod. Yep.[/quote]

Looking forward to Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets. The trailers looks like more of the director's awesome visuals.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Let's hope it's not like Jupiter Ascending, so pretty but so meh overall.
  • fjpetruccelli
    fjpetruccelli Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Today I am a nerd because why should today be any different from any other day of my life. LOL :p
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'm spending Valentines day at my scifi/fantasy book group where we're reading Frankenstein, the original Sci-Fi book to kick off our year of lady authors!
  • VonicaFlear
    VonicaFlear Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    ...I spent the entirety of yesterday rewatching the entire One Punch Man series :3
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    This is decorating my mantle, courtesy of the geeklings I'm raising.
    i9wly12c4573.jpg

I may or may not have the same lego set on the shelf next to my desk... with a few Funko Pops to go with it...
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Just got my copies of Psycho-Pass S1, S2, and the movie today. It came highly recommended, given how much I enjoyed Death Parade and Tokyo Ghoul.
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Because today I'm working on a nativity set made from Babylon 5 action figures.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Just got my copies of Psycho-Pass S1, S2, and the movie today. It came highly recommended, given how much I enjoyed Death Parade and Tokyo Ghoul.

The theme song to Death Parade has been my ringtone for a while now ^_^ If you liked Tokyo Ghoul, go for Parasyte the Maxim. Another good horror style anime
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

The theme song to Death Parade has been my ringtone for a while now ^_^ If you liked Tokyo Ghoul, go for Parasyte the Maxim. Another good horror style anime

That's actually on my "to watch" list.

I've gotten sidetracked by my recent discovery of some really good "offensive humor" animes lately. Panty and Stocking With Garterbelt, Detroit Metal City and Yondemasu yo, Azazel-San are probably the best examples so far.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options

That's actually on my "to watch" list.

I've gotten sidetracked by my recent discovery of some really good "offensive humor" animes lately. Panty and Stocking With Garterbelt, Detroit Metal City and Yondemasu yo, Azazel-San are probably the best examples so far.

I'm yet to watch Panty and Stocking, but have been meaning to. My anime time has been eaten up by watching naked characters run around in Conan Exiles. And work. Stupid work.

And if you love that style of humour, I say go for Shimoneta (Imagine a world where the concept of dirty jokes does not exist is the English title). It's literally dripping with all sorts of puns and euphemisms.
    8bai8n5yr736.gif
  • renku
    Options
    I had to pack my Henchman 21 Gauntlets in my bag today, so I could have them go through the weapons check and Calgary Expo
  • renku
    Options
    Okay that was fun watching people standing in line with their fake swords, proton packs and Harley Quinn hammers in their civilian clothes. Even met a friend of mine getting her LARP swords checked in.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Absolutely geeking out over the fact that I just signed a release for The Talking Dead to feature my photo of me cosplaying Carol from TWD with a fellow cosplayer dressed as Negan!! Holy crap!! LOL
  • iamunicoon
    iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I just ordered one of those fandom lore boxes which contains fanmade items for Captain America fans. It caters mostly to shippers and I ordered the Stucky one. Can't wait for it to get here. I love fan art and fanmade stuff so much!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    i9wly12c4573.jpg

LEGO Tardis has been the centerpiece of my desk since release. Brilliant model!
  • girlgeeklula
    girlgeeklula Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm a nerd today because I taught one of my toddlers to tell another one "Not the mama" as he wanders around calling me mama (I work in daycare, so for 5+ hours a day, I'm school mama).
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    i9wly12c4573.jpg

LEGO Tardis has been the centerpiece of my desk since release. Brilliant model!

I rather like how the Daleks and weeping angel have taken over Big Ben here :lol:
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    AmyRhubarb wrote: »
    Absolutely geeking out over the fact that I just signed a release for The Talking Dead to feature my photo of me cosplaying Carol from TWD with a fellow cosplayer dressed as Negan!! Holy crap!! LOL

This is awesome! When will you be featured?

Huge fan of Hardwick and met him on several occasions. Really nice guy and very down to Earth. Loves hanging out with fans and talking geek. Loving watching him rise and find him to be one of the best interviewers/hosts out there.