Today im a nerd because...

Options

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because at practice today, we were fencing Monkey Island style - insult sword fighting! I'm also learning to dual-wield rapiers. Historic fencing is so much more fun than sports fencing.

<start transmission>

Sorry. Beep beep beep.

You do not qualify for nerd status. Beep beep beep.

Your reply is way too cool. Beep. Beep. Beep.

<end transmission>

I just love the "Okapi" username, one of my favorite animals <3
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Picked up this for a quid - now I just need some nacelles and a velour uniform

image.jpg
  • ltgarrow
    ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Today I ama nerd because I actuallty celebrated the next chaper of The MVP being put out on podiobooks.

This is also a reccomendation for the Galactic Football series by Scott Sigler. I don't even like football, but they are awesome.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Today I am a nerd because I spent the entire day trying to get Robot Framework to stop telling me my user was logged out every time it opened a new window in a test.

Or perhaps it makes me not a nerd because I still failed :grumble:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I spent the whole weekend either in the comic book/gaming sotre (tates ) or watching Dr who........Im now on season 6 which means I've watch almost all the show in about 2 weeks....

Also my friend went to star wars weekend and bought me this

http://www.yourwdwstore.net/Disney-Shooter-Shot-Glass--Star-Wars-Weekend--2013--Jedi-Logo_p_22526.html
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    two things today, my door key and an article I saw in the paper on Monday

image.jpg

image.jpg
  • beckiern1
    beckiern1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    today i'm a nerd because my four year old son drew a picture. no, that's not the reason. it's because of what the picture was of.

it was the Doctor and his TARDIS. I've made my son a Whovian.

fanTAStic!
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because I had a nerdgasm when I saw the medal all the participants from the Doctor Who Virtual Run/Walk are getting! It looks so cool!!

769b4646-ffd4-485f-a0b8-3d2a61df0f07_zps7e8220e2.jpg
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Perhaps it makes me the worst employee ever rather than a nerd but today, I spent about half my time at work playing the Game of Thrones game on Facebook. Oops... :embarassed:
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I was happy when my pedometer said I'd burned exactly 256 calories, though I'd have preferred 512...
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    Last night I dreamed I was going to be late to a wedding because my husband kept getting sidetracked trying to fix his watch, and The Doctor swooped in with his TARDIS at the last minute and assured me he'd get me there on time :) I stepped in, and woke up.
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Last night I dreamed I was going to be late to a wedding because my husband kept getting sidetracked trying to fix his watch, and The Doctor swooped in with his TARDIS at the last minute and assured me he'd get me there on time :) I stepped in, and woke up.

Nooooooo!! Just when it was getting good!! Don't you hate it when that happens?!!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Saw someone refer to "The cheating gene" and wanted to scream at them "THAT'S NOT HOW GENES WORK"
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Because I squeed with delight when I found out that comcast has season 7 and a bunch of extra interviews from Dr Who on demand,,,,,,,,
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Saw someone refer to "The cheating gene" and wanted to scream at them "THAT'S NOT HOW GENES WORK"

Similar situation today - we were doing fire safety training today and the guy doing the course claimed that the carbon dioxide extinguishers "reach - 37° C - that's absolute zero in Kelvin!" aaaaargh.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I'm correcting/catching mistakes in a customer'sbill of materials and having fun looking up material property allowables. ( and then getting completely distracted in the other information present on the assorted web pages.) oops
  • spud_chick
    Options
    I'm wearing this shirt today, and have been dragging unsuspecting coworkers into a windowless office and turning the lights off so they can see the hidden picture.

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/winter-has-come

It'll be a miracle if I don't get reported to HR.
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm a nerd today because I just bought tickets to see Alton Brown... in the meet & greet / poncho zone! AB has been my idol for years, so, MAJOR fangasm!! As an added bonus, he loves the Doctor. Win/win!
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I started integrated playing Ingress into my running.
  • spud_chick
    Options
    I started integrated playing Ingress into my running.

I have sooo many questions about how this is affecting your running, but I'll just say... very cool!