Options
    I did but I looked like this on Sat

IMG_68362_zpsb9aeafea.jpg
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    I did but I looked like this on Sat

IMG_68362_zpsb9aeafea.jpg

You look so incredible! What a great way to enjoy the fruits of all your hard work :) did you make the costume too?
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    You looked great! I want to wear that!!!
  • splitdog79
    splitdog79 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, that's awesome work!

Today I'm a nerd because I've put about 2 hours into playing Luigi's Mansion 2, in between periods of forum posts about video games, and listening to video game podcasts while doing real-life stuff.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Yes I made 3 costumes for this con Tardis dress, Zombie and Emma Frost. It was so much fun. :-)
  • spud_chick
    Options
    Yes I made 3 costumes for this con Tardis dress, Zombie and Emma Frost. It was so much fun. :-)

oooo, Tardis dress when you get a chance please :) Mad life skills, Tricia.
  • triciab79
    Options

oooo, Tardis dress when you get a chance please :) Mad life skills, Tricia.

Thanks!

Here is the Tardis dress and I am standing next to the awesome Tardis chasing vehicle. I think I may need this truck. I did not last long in those shoes. I had to switch to the white Emma boots a few hours in.

805cee7c-adf8-48be-9f47-b7ebb35d95a9_zps76ddc05a.jpg
  • spud_chick
    Options
    Very cool. I need to figure out where the nearest events are to me. Never been to a -con, but might break my hermitage and go find one.
  • triciab79
    Options
    You totally should and you should go in costume. It is kinda neat to have people want to take a picture with you. :-) They are pretty much everywhere so just pick one that gives you a couple months to get a costume together. Its a fun little art project.
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I usually just put on my nerd hat. It's a turquoise tricorn with the number 42 on it in a little rosette.
  • spud_chick
    Options
    Haven't re-read my Hitchhiker's books in years, but just started listening to book 1 while walking. Stephen Fry was a good choice of narrator. I kept thinking about them while sitting in the Jackie Robinson movie.
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I one-upped the nerd wannabe boy at the checkout. I was wearing my "Not all who wander are lost" t shirt. (I'm 38 and a mom of 2. I'm very geeky on the inside but very vanilla on the outside. I work in finance and have never been able to fully geek out the way I would like to, appearance wise.) The boy at the checkout was very geeky hipster - skinny jeans, hornrim glasses, the whole 9 yards. He grins at my shirt and says "Nice - Thoreau!" I said "NO, Tolkein." To which he responded, "Ah, I knew it was one of those great old American authors". Talk about a face palm.

Just goes to show, when you're a geek or nerd, it really is what's on the inside that counts. :noway:
  • Okapi42
    Options
    Haha, well done for putting him in his place!

I had some people come in to work yesterday that were obvious geeks, and when I started explaining about the disadvantages of crossbows vs. longbows, they said "we know, we play D&D". So I told them they'd made their charisma check and gave them a free canvas tote...
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    I usually just put on my nerd hat. It's a turquoise tricorn with the number 42 on it in a little rosette.

ha awesome!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I want a Adipose plushie and my daughter compared the TARDIS space/time travel to a worm hole in star trek...Mommy is so proud. She said that besides the coloring they are very similar
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Each summer, we've been taking our girls to the local ren fest (they are 6 and 8). They've gone in anything from princess dresses (when younger and still into princesses) to wench/peasant dresses (had those made for last summer - super cute). This year, I special ordered them each one of these:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/124891182/tardis-peasant-style-dress-calling-dr?ref=sr_gallery_21&ga_search_query=tardis+dress&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all

They are flipping out. Now to convince my husband that I need a $90 TARDIS dress to coordinate! One of the themed weekends is "Highland Fling". I think he'd look smashing in a kilt, a la David Tennant...

**edited for typos as I'm a nerd about proofreading as well...
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I spent a good part of the day trying to develop telekinesis.
  • triciab79
    Options
    I spent a good part of the day trying to develop telekinesis.

Any luck?
  • Okapi42
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because at practice today, we were fencing Monkey Island style - insult sword fighting! I'm also learning to dual-wield rapiers. Historic fencing is so much more fun than sports fencing.
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because at practice today, we were fencing Monkey Island style - insult sword fighting! I'm also learning to dual-wield rapiers. Historic fencing is so much more fun than sports fencing.

<start transmission>

Sorry. Beep beep beep.

You do not qualify for nerd status. Beep beep beep.

Your reply is way too cool. Beep. Beep. Beep.

<end transmission>