Today im a nerd because...

Options

Replies

• mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Today? Because I was lamenting the fact that I need a new pair of sleep pants with some kind of comic book character on them.

I have a pair of nice ones with DC characters all over them, really comfy too. I say I have them, i've only worn them once as my wife wears them and won't give them back!
  • animelose2012
    Options
    watched anime while using quotes from cirminal minds for a project at work also wearing my 2008 con shirt under my scrub top
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    [grunt] [moan]
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Today? Because I was lamenting the fact that I need a new pair of sleep pants with some kind of comic book character on them.

I have a pair of nice ones with DC characters all over them, really comfy too. I say I have them, i've only worn them once as my wife wears them and won't give them back!

Sounds like the sort of thing I would do. You should have bought two!
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    <<<This is why I'm a nerd today
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    ... I got tired of having to make up new playlists for walking and switched to audiobooks... so I'm listening to the Harry Potter series--which I've already read, and seen all the movies--and I'm in my 40s.

(On the bright side, I walked over 70 miles last month, when my previous monthly record was in the low 50s.)
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Got handed a superhero/comics trivia quiz at work today (it was the theme of the day). I knew all the answers, no one else around me was even close.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    the mindless smash killing on my diablo 3 warrior, with the enchantress as sexy chicken-ing backup, soothes me after a long day.

also he is named muon :laugh:
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    ... I got tired of having to make up new playlists for walking and switched to audiobooks... so I'm listening to the Harry Potter series--which I've already read, and seen all the movies--and I'm in my 40s.

(On the bright side, I walked over 70 miles last month, when my previous monthly record was in the low 50s.)

Wow, that's a great idea! We download Doctor Who audiobooks to listen to with the kids when we have a long drive to get somewhere. It's such an easy way to pass the time. I bet it's easier to walk longer listening to a book!
  • kvandeman
    kvandeman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    because I am depressed that I have to work tomorrow instead of going to the Iron Man marathon at the theater...sucks to be grown up sometimes. At least I saw the marathon last year before the Avengers...
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Because I am about the tear *kitten* into this Walking Dead compendium 1 comic and I've got all the time in the world to do so, seeing as I'm temporarily bedridden.
  • ColorfulWeirdo
    ColorfulWeirdo Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Because I just bought a bunch of "Fables" comic books and I can't wait to start on them tonight, a Friday.
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I'm completely obsessed on how best to proceed in Find Mii II.
  • LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    .....because I just tried to teach my son how to play Mario Cart (3 year olds aren't very good competition lol)
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    ...because I'm making preliminary sketches/storyboards for yet another webcomic.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I am working on making a deck of cards light up for my friend's Gambit costume.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I am working on making a deck of cards light up for my friend's Gambit costume.

G-Gambit, you say? *interest hellishly piqued* ....Soooooo... ol' buddy, ol' pal. you wouldn't happen to have any pictures of this... Gambit.. would you?
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

Wow, that's a great idea! We download Doctor Who audiobooks to listen to with the kids when we have a long drive to get somewhere. It's such an easy way to pass the time. I bet it's easier to walk longer listening to a book!

Quite true! I was never interested in audiobooks before but it works great with the walking and I do tend to go longer. Looking into finding the Dresden Files audiobooks now as James Marsters (Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer) reads them. I'll have to check out the Doctor Who audio, have only ever seen the show (reboot).
  • faely
    faely Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Because I am looking up ideas for my son's Minecraft birthday party and loving it.
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Because I am looking up ideas for my son's Minecraft birthday party and loving it.

We did this last year, we made a mine craft cake by buying four different types of cake, ie plain, with raisins in, and chocolate, cutting them into cubes and building with them. Then we iced the top with green icing and put sprinkles on! We made trees from minty chocolate sticks and marshmallows we had turned into cubes and made sheep out of marzipan!

I really should have taken a photo!!

Lol!!