NSV!

Options

Replies

• Mjtckwnow
    Mjtckwnow Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    So I took some pictures this morning at the gym and thought I would share my progress and also show where I'm starting out this month going into the 30 day shred.

Left: Bust- 49in
    Waist-42in
    Hips- 48in

Right: Bust- 44in
    Waist- 38in
    Hips- 44in

I'm not where I want to be yet, but I feel like I'm doing the things I need to get there. I wouldn't be nearly as motivated to continue everyday if it wasn't for stumbling upon this group and feeling like I'm part of a community where I don't have to feel ashamed. Thank you :smile:

Such great results so far! Be proud of your accomplishments :)
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Sat next to boxes of gourmet donuts and a couple plates of cake yesterday and didn't eat a single bite. And my period is due in 2 days so that might be a double win.
    Got a promotion and didn't drink a bottle of wine to celebrate.
    Bought a few new articles of clothing from my favorite store and had to return the jeans because they were too big - I can officially fit in single digit sized clothes. Haven't done that since 2003.

CONGRATS on your will power, promotion (DOUBLE YAY!!!!), and size reduction....WHOOP WHOOP!
  • dbackgrammy
    dbackgrammy Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Sat next to boxes of gourmet donuts and a couple plates of cake yesterday and didn't eat a single bite. And my period is due in 2 days so that might be a double win.
    Got a promotion and didn't drink a bottle of wine to celebrate.
    Bought a few new articles of clothing from my favorite store and had to return the jeans because they were too big - I can officially fit in single digit sized clothes. Haven't done that since 2003.

Congrats Barb!!! Your hard work is definitely paying off. So proud of you, young lady!!
  • Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I know I'm being that obnoxious girl who keeps talking about her illness, but it really affects my ability to exercise (and eat, and sleep, and on and on and on =p ). With the TB- and with the meds- I have good days and bad days. Good days look like an hour of the ArcTrainer and some StairMaster, coupled up with some weight training. Bad days look like last week, when I had to stop using the recumbent bike after 8 minutes because I was so pale, out of breath, and energy-sapped that my best friend/gym buddy was afraid I would faint- and after I started having spots in my vision, I agreed. Or yesterday, when after 6 minutes on the ArcTrainer, my heart rate was at nearly 200 and I was gasping for air.
    But the NSV: Yesterday, instead of just leaving the gym and writing it off as a necessary rest day (when it truly was not), I opted for a much lower-impact cardio route and walked for almost another half hour on the treadmill. It wasn't much, but, as I kept telling myself, it was better than doing nothing, better than going home, and would help me get the 150 minutes of cardio I need each week to keep my heart and lungs in at least semi-working conditions =p
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I know I'm being that obnoxious girl who keeps talking about her illness, but it really affects my ability to exercise (and eat, and sleep, and on and on and on =p ). With the TB- and with the meds- I have good days and bad days. Good days look like an hour of the ArcTrainer and some StairMaster, coupled up with some weight training. Bad days look like last week, when I had to stop using the recumbent bike after 8 minutes because I was so pale, out of breath, and energy-sapped that my best friend/gym buddy was afraid I would faint- and after I started having spots in my vision, I agreed. Or yesterday, when after 6 minutes on the ArcTrainer, my heart rate was at nearly 200 and I was gasping for air.
    But the NSV: Yesterday, instead of just leaving the gym and writing it off as a necessary rest day (when it truly was not), I opted for a much lower-impact cardio route and walked for almost another half hour on the treadmill. It wasn't much, but, as I kept telling myself, it was better than doing nothing, better than going home, and would help me get the 150 minutes of cardio I need each week to keep my heart and lungs in at least semi-working conditions =p

Not obnoxious at all! In fact if you can still find ways to get workouts in and modify to your needs you are an inspiration.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options

There is nothing wrong with expressing your situation and your feelings here. That's what this group is designed for. Also WTG on modifying a routine to fit what you can in.
  • Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    @SmithsonianEmpress , @TheCupcakeCounter Thank you guys! I really appreciate that. Trying not to be crazy, hahaha
  • dbackgrammy
    Options
    laureljenn wrote: »
    I entered normal BMI range today! B) Feeling accomplished. Oh, and I've been cleared by my surgeon to start running!

Congrats!!!! Keep up the good work.
  • laureljenn
    laureljenn Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Thanks @dbackgrammy!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    So hubs weighed himself last night and when I saw the number I realized that for the first time in at least 10 years I am within 10 lbs of his weight! That is a HUGE NSV because the man has less than a 29 inch waist at 38 (almost 39) years old. I have no problems weighing the same as him as we are only 2 1/2 inches apart in height and I have boobs.

Haha this is funny. Me and my husband are about 10 lbs apart as well and I think he's a half inch taller than me. We can wear each other's clothes. YES we have tried them on and mistakenly I once wore his black slacks to work.
  • dbackgrammy
    Options
    Barb and Jessica, you ladies are too funny. I bet your hubbies are very proud of you.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Barb and Jessica, you ladies are too funny. I bet your hubbies are very proud of you.

My husband thinks I'm crazy. I don't know if he's proud of me but I'm proud of me. I've finally made this a part of my life. Granted I had to wait until my children got a little older and life got less crazier but nevertheless it seems I'll be able to keep up with this and be consistent. I can't tell you how many times I work out for a week and stopped or did it for like 3 or 4 days in and row and then stopped for weeks. It's just comforting to know I can do it at this point in my life and I WILL DO IT!
  • dbackgrammy
    Options
    My eight yr old granddaughter and I just finished our first 5K race of the summer series we are doing. We beat our finish time goal by almost 5 mins. I have had a rough week physically so I am thoroughly surprised. It was great to know that at almost 60 yrs old and still 40 lbs overweight that I could do this, plus its load of fun when you can share something with your grandchild.
  • megd44
    megd44 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My eight yr old granddaughter and I just finished our first 5K race of the summer series we are doing. We beat our finish time goal by almost 5 mins. I have had a rough week physically so I am thoroughly surprised. It was great to know that at almost 60 yrs old and still 40 lbs overweight that I could do this, plus its load of fun when you can share something with your grandchild.

This is so great!! Congrats on beating your goal, having fun with your grandchild and showing her great habits!
  • ElphabaWeasley
    ElphabaWeasley Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    So I am not sure if this NSV thread will be used for the summer challenge, but I have to post this somewhere. Yesterday morning at the gym I held a plank for 60 seconds straight! And I can definitely feel my core getting stronger as the ab exercises become easier to do. I am very proud of myself!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    So I am not sure if this NSV thread will be used for the summer challenge, but I have to post this somewhere. Yesterday morning at the gym I held a plank for 60 seconds straight! And I can definitely feel my core getting stronger as the ab exercises become easier to do. I am very proud of myself!

YES we are absolutely continuing our NSVs here. Thank you so much for sharing Courtney. This is AWESOME! And I really know how awesome it is because we did a challenge a few months ago that included planks. Lol! Wait til you get to a 90 second plank. You'll feel like a BEAST :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.