Keto/LC 4 Week Challenge April 23rd - May 20th

Replies

• mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    Having a hard time this week. Weight is up about 2 lbs...haven't been sticking to my 50 grams...been closer to 100 several days. Need to get back on the wagon!
  • bannierooster
    bannierooster Posts: 37 Member
    Happy Mother's Day to all you great gals!!!
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    On my way home from the family and funeral. My daughter (who is also doing LCHF) and I just gave in. We couldn't handle it.... we caved and had Hatch green chili chicken enchiladas. Tortillas and all. It tasted like happiness. lol Tomorrow (or today I guess) back on the strict bandwagon but gosh it was delicious. Now REAL Hatch Green Chili New Mexican food is worth cratering at least once for... lol But I'm headed back to the land of Tex-Mex (which is not anything like what I gave in for) and it won't be an issue.

20 grams tomorrow. Promise!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,081 Member
    ashliedeee wrote: »
    I don't know if this has been mentioned here (being lazy and not bothering to scroll through posts, sorry :3) but 2 Keto Dudes podcast and The Big Fat Surprise book by Nina Teicholz are great resources :) #keepcalmandketoon

Thanks for the information! I'll check it out!

@mjj79 I'm sorry to hear you are having a hard time. This way of eating just like any other change takes time to make it a habit. Just keep climbing back on the bandwagon! We'll all be there giving you a hand up!

@Chena83 A lot of people are very satiated with the higher fat content and do not eat all their calories.

@Marcelynh i'm glad that you and your daughter have each other for support during this time. Don't worry about the Hatch green chili enchiladas. It's always nice to be home and back to being in control of your food.
  • fanncy0626
    Day 22/28 this is the first day of our last week! Congratulations to all of you that have been able to work on your goals of tightening up your macros! And burning up fat! This being her last week let's make it the best that you have had so far!

Suggestion for the day is to plan out the last week of this challenge and make it Great!

Have a fantastic day!

Mary
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    No activity yesterday, and went over my keto limit..just barely remaining low carb.
    Oh well.. back on track today.

Because its mothers day, and im expecting that i didnt lose anything this weekend due to alcohol and carbs..I'm giving myself a day off from my weigh-in, and won't check ketostix til later in the day.
    I'm calling self care.

Today, I'll be trying on outfits for summer, to see what still fits, since I'm up about 20 since this time last May.
    That should help to keep me honest!

Happy Mother's Day to all my pals who are moms(we rock) and to who have benefited from being raised by moms who rock!
  • fanncy0626
    Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers on here <3
  • bannierooster
    bannierooster Posts: 37 Member
    My sons came home with their families all weekend. I made all their favorites (a double batch of sweet yeast rolls, banana bread, chocolate fudge with peanut butter, homemade biscuits, etc) but did not give in to the temptations. Empowered by this diet and the desire to reverse the new diagnosis of diabetes got me through. Thanks, again, for your encouragement!
  • fanncy0626
    My sons came home with their families all weekend. I made all their favorites (a double batch of sweet yeast rolls, banana bread, chocolate fudge with peanut butter, homemade biscuits, etc) but did not give in to the temptations. Empowered by this diet and the desire to reverse the new diagnosis of diabetes got me through. Thanks, again, for your encouragement!

You are doing amazing! So proud of your dedication! This can really help in reversing diabetes!
  • Chena83
    Chena83 Posts: 111 Member
    Today I felt great. A little disappointed that I ate 76 grams of protien vs my 88 grams. Tomorrow is a new day. I am ready.
  • fanncy0626
    Day 23/28 I hope everybody enjoyed Mother's Day yesterday! I know some people had some treats that they would not have normally had and that is OK! We need to celebrate our lives with the people that we love.

Suggestion for today is to stay strong even if the weekend wasn't stellar get right back on your program and figure out how to make this week the best week ever!
  • Marcelynh
    Back home and away from all tempting New Mexican green chili! lol :smiley:

I'm actually quiet bloated from the carbs that I did have so a short fast is definitely what I'm doing today. I don't even have a desire to eat. Drinking tons of water though because that desert just dries me out and I don't drink enough water while there. Got up and went walking and now to hit the day with gusto.

Our last week of the challenge and I have to admit this has been great. The support here from all of you is amazing. Links and helps and tons of information that I desperately needed. Thanks!
  • elize7
    Definately slipped over this weekend, from keto to low carb. Not a traumatic slip, and it was definately a partner in crime to a series of 4 distressing events. still not able to separate the fuel vs comfort aspect, but as far as damage control...low carb is way better than all out binge. So, I actually feel good about that.

This week looks to be a busy one, that I am grateful for, and only a couple stressors on the horizon. Hoping to stay the keto course and find alternative comfort solutions in advance.

Really would be good to get down to my goal weight soon. My confidence levels could use a boost, and I like my body better at that weight; although, strangely, I dont hate where I am now.
  • kendallvon
    kendallvon Posts: 144 Member
    Sounds like everyone had a great Mothers Day! I stayed the course having pulled pork with a delicious sugar free/ 2 carbs per serving bbq sauce on Sat (while everyone else ate lasagne, I might add.) Yesterday I had Fat head pizza with mild Italian sausage and onion. Yummy! I came close to asking to go out for a soft serve custard cone, but had fat bombs instead. Go me!
  • Chena83
    Chena83 Posts: 111 Member
    Yay!!!! Hit my protien today. Soooo happy. Completed SL 5X5 today. Am I supposed to feel my squats in the inner thigh?
  • Marcelynh
    Chena83 wrote: »
    Yay!!!! Hit my protien today. Soooo happy. Completed SL 5X5 today. Am I supposed to feel my squats in the inner thigh?

I feel my squats in my butt and quads. Not too often in my inner thigh unless I'm doing sumo squats. Sumos (wider stance) get the inner thigh more so depending upon your stance, I suppose you can feel them in the inner thigh. :) Wow, I'm helpful aren't I. lol
  • elize7
    After a weekend not so great adherence, I'm back to small levels on the ketostix. Whew. Good.
    Got in an hour of yoga. Plus two dance nights earlier this week.Very happy with activity level so far this week. If I can sustain 3 activity sessions like that weekly, I'd be thrilled. I have been shooting for some daily activities, but so far that just doesn't seem to happen. I'm glad that this much is happening, though. That is a big improvement.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    <3 Prelogged my food today to avoid "carb creep". Feeling relieved not to have to think about it for the rest of the day.
  • fanncy0626
    @elize7 yeah for purple! Excellent activity levels! You should be happy with your changes and they will pay off!

@KetoneKaren I've heard of carb creep but don't know what that means??? Great job pre-logging! That really helps me.
  • fanncy0626
    edited May 2017
    Day 24/28 I looked up what carb creep is and doing what we are doing is a good way to keep that from happening. With this challenge we looked at the amount of carbs that we wanted to take in daily. So we are focusing on that as a goal for these four weeks. The article that I read said that starting over it's a good way to stop carb creep. Be aware that it can happen slowly before you know it you are taking in a lot more carbs then you want to. There are hidden carbs in foods such as heavy cream which is less than 1 g of carbs so it is not recorded on the nutritional chart and if you have 2 tablespoons you have over 1 g of carbs and that can add up quickly.

Suggestion for today this is a good article to read. It explains what we should be aware of with carb creep.
    https://www.verywell.com/how-to-avoid-carb-creep-2242091
    Being aware will help to stop this from happening! Thanks Karen for the heads up!

Make it a great day!

Mary