Jason's OMAD Journal

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Vanguard1 wrote: »
    I think the plan for now is to deload and keep on with OMAD. I have to remember I am training to be healthy, not to make the HS Football team! I am hooked on OMAD and honestly don't even think about it now, it just happens. So I will back off the weight some and keep on keeping on until I hit my goal weight and then re-evaluate.

That's a good plan :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    I think the plan for now is to deload and keep on with OMAD. I have to remember I am training to be healthy, not to make the HS Football team! I am hooked on OMAD and honestly don't even think about it now, it just happens. So I will back off the weight some and keep on keeping on until I hit my goal weight and then re-evaluate.

I feel the same way re: OMAD. it feels so standard and normal now. Just how eating 3 (and several other snacks) times a day used to feel
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    27 Feb 17 - 225.8
    06 March 17 - 224.2
    13 March 17 - 217.6
    20 March 17 - 214.2
    27 March 17 - 214.3
    31 March 17 - 216
    3 April 17 - 213.3
    10 April 17 - 212.5
    17 April 17 - 212.6
    25 April 17 - 211.2
    7 May 17 - 210.2
    15 May 17 - 212
    And I'm up 2 pounds :( . I am not chalking this up to working out, you cant build muscle in a calorie deficit, so I am just going over on calories. I need to get stricter and smarter with my food choices; I think chasing some protein numbers put me over some days. I am watching what I intake and am definitely going to up the cardio this week. Considering I have done 0 cardio, upping it should be relatively easy.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I think you can gain muscle in a deficit. I put on about 6-lbs last year and i think I was losing weight at the same time. Anyways you didn't gain 2-lbs of muscle in a week if you've been lifting for awhile like you have been. The amount of carbs we eat does effect the amount of water retention we have. That might be what your seeing.
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Don't worry about the gain, it's just a small hiccup
  • 1MADGIRL
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I think you can gain muscle in a deficit. I put on about 6-lbs last year and i think I was losing weight at the same time. Anyways you didn't gain 2-lbs of muscle in a week if you've been lifting for awhile like you have been. The amount of carbs we eat does effect the amount of water retention we have. That might be what your seeing.

My book says that you can gain during a deficit but yeah not 2lbs a week unfortunately.
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Could very well be water weight
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    And I'm up 2 pounds :( . I am not chalking this up to working out, you cant build muscle in a calorie deficit, so I am just going over on calories. I need to get stricter and smarter with my food choices; I think chasing some protein numbers put me over some days. I am watching what I intake and am definitely going to up the cardio this week. Considering I have done 0 cardio, upping it should be relatively easy.

I greatly admire your lifting and workout program. Don't let 2# worry you. As others have said, probably water weight. I'd just like to say congratulations for your dedication to your health. I think you are doing a fantastic job.

• Vanguard1
    amflautist wrote: »

I greatly admire your lifting and workout program. Don't let 2# worry you. As others have said, probably water weight. I'd just like to say congratulations for your dedication to your health. I think you are doing a fantastic job.

Made my day, Thanks!
  • Vanguard1
    Just as I was getting frustrated with how the workout felt, I looked up and realized I could SEE progress! Set a great time for the rest of the day.

20170519_074921_zpsz8ncehys.jpg
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    NoMoreAfatChick Posts: 226 Member
    Just as I was getting frustrated with how the workout felt, I looked up and realized I could SEE progress! Set a great time for the rest of the day.

20170519_074921_zpsz8ncehys.jpg

@Vanguard1 you see, the workout is working out good :)

have a great day and amazing weekend..
  • shans34
    Looking good! You're doing a fantastic job
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Looking good, man.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Looking lean and mean! Keep it up. I'm very happy now also that I don't have a huge gut like I used to have. It really does make a person feel better and is worth the work to get there!
  • 1MADGIRL
    Awesome progress!!
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Yep, yep, yep. Great pic!

Where I want to be - no stomach, no handlebars. Encourages me to keep on.
  • Vanguard1
    27 Feb 17 - 225.8
    06 March 17 - 224.2
    13 March 17 - 217.6
    20 March 17 - 214.2
    27 March 17 - 214.3
    31 March 17 - 216
    3 April 17 - 213.3
    10 April 17 - 212.5
    17 April 17 - 212.6
    25 April 17 - 211.2
    7 May 17 - 210.2
    15 May 17 - 212
    22 May 17 - 211.6

My workout this morning smoked me, so I really need to decide if I want to keep restricting calories and losing, or add some calories and increase my strength...
    NSV's came when I was asked on 2 separate occasions if I had been working out, and once when I looked in the mirror and finally noticed some changes. I may start eating some protein after workouts on heavy days, and sticking to OMAD on non lifting days. I had 6 boiled eggs this morning after my workout, so I will see if it helps. I still love the simplicity that OMAD gives me though, so I really want to keep it up.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    You're doing great and looking buff, I might add! Sometimes we all need to reevaluate, sound like that's what you're doing. :)
  • shans34
    You do what works for you, by the look of things, you can move to maintenance and eat a bit more. I believe adding protein to your eating after heavy workouts won't keep you from loosing. I sometimes drink a protein shake mid morning after a good run/workout and it doesn't stop me from loosing.
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    NoMoreAfatChick Posts: 226 Member
    27 Feb 17 - 225.8
    06 March 17 - 224.2
    13 March 17 - 217.6
    20 March 17 - 214.2
    27 March 17 - 214.3
    31 March 17 - 216
    3 April 17 - 213.3
    10 April 17 - 212.5
    17 April 17 - 212.6
    25 April 17 - 211.2
    7 May 17 - 210.2
    15 May 17 - 212
    22 May 17 - 211.6

My workout this morning smoked me, so I really need to decide if I want to keep restricting calories and losing, or add some calories and increase my strength...
    NSV's came when I was asked on 2 separate occasions if I had been working out, and once when I looked in the mirror and finally noticed some changes. I may start eating some protein after workouts on heavy days, and sticking to OMAD on non lifting days. I had 6 boiled eggs this morning after my workout, so I will see if it helps. I still love the simplicity that OMAD gives me though, so I really want to keep it up.

@Vanguard1 awesome.. feels damn good when others notice changes like weight loss or noticing muscles and all huh... good going...