Like Minded Lushes - April 2017

Options

Replies

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Mon - 0
    I slept amazing. We'll see about tonight.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am back. The trip was great. there were bumps of course but overall it was fun. I think the best part was my Mother's day text from Sabrina that thanked me for the family vacation and said that I was "an awesome Mommy and a wonderful Jamma". I love it when she still calls me mommy. Doug is healing. He will start physical therapy in a couple of weeks. I didn't drink a lot on the trip maybe two drink at most on any given day. I have been having one or two since I have gotten home. Not a lot so go me. the profile pic is Andelane.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Sweet pic, Robin!

Had a lovely getaway. Didn't over indulge...a couple of (large) glasses of wine each day. I'm just not craving more than that, usually because I'm too tired.

Back to caretaking duties. I think MIL is depressed so I'm trying to make sure she receives end of life counseling along with her PT. She's not interested in doing any of it. :/
    Son taking me out to dinner tonight so there will be wine.
  • rjadams
    Options
    Hang tough Syd. I know it is hard but it is part of the cycle of life. You are a very good daughter in law.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Syd, sorry about your MILs depression, I am glad she has you through this.
    Zero Monday, going for another tonight.
  • Meggers120Now
    Meggers120Now Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    One week down of sticking to my plan. Went for the WK6 DAY2 C25K run yesterday. The last of the interval runs - warm up 5 min, jog 10 min, walk 3, jog 10, cooldown. Despite running for 20 min straight on Thursday, the mentals got the better of me yesterday. My leg was a little crampy and I felt really tired. I've also been having insane carb cravings. I reviewed my food log and saw that my fat intake had dropped lower than usual for a while and the carbs were creeping up as a result. Wondering if this had something to do with my low energy. Ate a fat-heavy dinner last night and planned out today to bring my fat back up as well. Will redo the WK6/D2 run tonight and see if the increased fat intake has a noticeable difference on my energy levels. No matter what - I am slogging through it! I am too close to finishing to wuss out now.

On a lushy note - we had company for a birthday dinner on Sunday... they brought wine... I didn't have any!! Even when I was pressured because the person who brought it "didn't want to drink it without me". I re-explained my goal of abstaining until my event and they eventually gave in. As hard as it was for me to say no in that moment, I have felt awesome about it ever since. I'll tell you something though... that finish line beer is going to be AMAZING and I don't even like beer!! :D

Also, mmmmmmmmmmmmm mimosas..........
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Thanks guys. I've been through this with 3 other parents, so none of this is new to me. The difference is I'm in my 50s instead of 30s/40s and I'm tired AF all the time.
    Had a burger, fries and vanilla milk shake last night and it was incredible
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I just realized we never started a May thread! :o
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Tuesday- 4. I was going for a zero. Oh well.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Well, we're half-way through May now, might as well wait until June.. ;)
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 1 glass red
    tonight - going out to dinner with the MIL, probably something to drink...
    Couple more days until we head off to vacation, I'm beyond excited... B)
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Mon - 0
    Tues - 2 ciders and a seltzer and decided against a 4th
    Wed - a beer early afternoon at the zoo and 2 beers while smoking a brisket and during dinner. Again, stopped early because I had to be at work at 6:30am.
    Thurs - ??
  • rjadams
    Options
    I thought about starting the may thread but never did sorry. I am lushing right along. I am walking a lot to. there is an event to raise money for a food bank called the Lard Butt 1K where the starting line is a beer garden and the finish line is a beer garden and they offer donut stations every 250 meters instead of water. the promotion says that the "1k walk/run/waddle will ..." I thought it was funny.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Wed zero. Looking forward to improving weather here in the PacNW.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    The husband has been up there all week and is ready for sunny SoCal weather
  • gwenm4
    gwenm4 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Stressful week - have ate and drank anything and everything. I'm certain I've gained back those few pounds. We are moving Sunday -- hence the stress... closing on the new house got messed up so we may be homeless as of Wed .. for who knows how long. SOOO... have had probably 3 drinks every night! Foggy week. Oh, and we got a new puppy so minimal sleep as well. Stressed to the max! Gotta get back on track ...

• rjadams
    Options
    Sorry things are so whacked Gwen. Gary I am with you. I can't wait for nicer weather. It should be a good weekend. Syd this week was particularly wet so I can sure understand why your husband wants to get back to So Cal.

I hit it a little hard yesterday. Doug had a down day emotionally and it affected me more than usual. So lots of cran and vodka. oh well. I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am that it is Friday. Have a good weekend lushes.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I drank a good amount of wine last night. Met Eric for happy hour and had 2 glasses of wine and then we split a bottle of wine at home, but I drank more of it. I was going to open a seltzer but Eric talked me out of it. I'm just a little sleepy today.

I worked a long day yesterday so I plan on taking an early day. I have a meeting at the Churchill Downs at 2:00 and I plan on staying and betting on the horses after. So I better get to work!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    A new puppy AND moving? That sounds very stressful!
    I actually poured my wine back in the bottle. I may need to turn in my lush card. But I'm stress eating so the scale probably isn't my friend.

I have 0 plans this weekend and couldn't be happier about it. TGIF lushes :drinker:
  • Meggers120Now
    Meggers120Now Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Long weekend here as Monday is a holiday. Soooooo looking forward to it. I am going to sneak away from work a couple of hours early for sure. This is historically a very lushy weekend for me... first long-weekend of the year with lovely weather... the time when everyone in the city seems to get out and get their yards in order after the looooooong winter... and I usually do that with plenty of boozy bevvies! Not this weekend though... Just under one month to Tough Mudder! It definitely helps MASSIVELY that my sexy man is doing this along with me. If he wasn't, I would cave for sure. Interestingly, the no booze is having a noticeable impact on many areas of my life - I enjoy(!?!) getting out of bed at 5:00 to do my yoga - I look forward to(!!??!!) hitting the pavement for a run after work - I have more patience with my teenaged daughter - homework help is less of a chore - I generally have more energy and sticking to my food plans seems easier as well. Maybe it has something to do with not giving in to tipsy snacking which exacerbates salty-carby-greasy food cravings?? I feel like my body is able to process life better without having to constantly be focused on flushing booze from my system before it can get on with other things. Dunno... whatever it is, I like it. Sorry for the ramble. I just kinda got going and the thoughts kept arising...

TGIF indeed. Happy weekend Lushies :smile:
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Gwen - that sounds stressful indeed! Good luck with your move

Good for you Meg - keep going!

Wednesday - 1 blue moon beer (I even ordered just a short 12 oz instead of the happy hour 20oz!)
    Thursday - 0
    As of 5:00 pm today, I'm on vacation for 11 days! I'm both excited and a little sad because we're heading to see my SIL, it has been 1 year since my brother-in-law passed away unexpectedly and even though it sounds like Heidi is doing ok, I know it's going to be a bit rough.... :'(