• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
  • Goddess0921
    Goddess0921 Posts: 91 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm unable to watch it now, but I can definitely attest to its truth. I was addicted to carbs for more years than I care to admit...and felt awful, physically and mentally. Now, I am finally in a healthy place and I feel so much better and so many things are going so much better for me, health-wise. I'll never return to that horrendous way of living again.

Thank you for sharing, I can't wait to watch the series when I get home!
  • RalfLott
    Options
    I'm unable to watch it now, but I can definitely attest to its truth. I was addicted to carbs for more years than I care to admit...and felt awful, physically and mentally. Now, I am finally in a healthy place and I feel so much better and so many things are going so much better for me, health-wise. I'll never return to that horrendous way of living again.

Thank you for sharing, I can't wait to watch the series when I get home!

Let us know what you think after you've seen it? Thx.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Thanks! <3
  • RalfLott
    Options
    <refresh>
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    camtosh wrote: »
    Her mention of a Pavlovian response to food and carbs is really spot on.
    Back in 2013, I realized some months after going lchf that whenever anyone in the office opens up snack foods bought at the convenience store that are wrapped in crinkly plastic, I start to salivate.... Just the unwrapping sound makes me start craving junk food. I still have that response but have learned to ignore it. I sip water or coffee instead.

I get that in pastry shops all the time, my husband buys his daily bread there, lately I try to just wait outside in the fresh air, but the smell still wafts out whenever someone opens the door. :(

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Forget the food licking, Sunny_Bunny, you kiss him don't you, lol. I've found the threat of a snot booger can do wonders, bwahahaha!
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    it is so an addiction. it was so much harder for me to give up sugar and white flour then it was to quit smoking!! I find it I jave the smallest taste of it it sends me searching for a week till I can get it under control again!!