Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    mmecraine wrote: »
    Anyone else out there find it hard to take a day off?
    I woke up this morning knowing that I wouldn't be going out to jog, but a tiny part of me still wanted to!
    First steps at becoming a runner??

Yeah, I get it. However, it is so important (especially in the early stages of running) to take a day off for your body to recover. When I did the program last year, I stuck with the schedule for the 1st 4 weeks, then I started running every other day instead of 3 days a week. Now I'm running 5 days a week and feel good... it just takes some time for your body to adjust to the regimen.
  • veggrrrl
    veggrrrl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Starting at W1D1 all over again. Feeling good. No more pain!
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I completed C25K, ran a couple of times, and then my parents came for a visit. Now, I haven't ran in two weeks! I'm really kicking myself for it because my 5K Glow Run is tonight.
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    That only posted half of my post! Grrrr...

My goal for the race is to just run the whole thing, and hopefully come in around 35 minutes. I'll probably be okay with under 40 at this point because I'm doing it with my son, and his endurance isn't where it should be. He did the last C25K with me, but had a hard time with it. I think it was because he was home alone and sneaking food during school. Now it's summer break and we are BOTH back on our diets where I can monitor him.

We are going to start the C25K over again to work on my speed and his endurance, either Sunday or Monday.
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Completion of Week 1 today. I've been so scattered this week with exercise and everything else. I'm using the Zombies, Run! 5K app. Looking forward to eventually completing the program and running a full 5K at some point in the future. My target is Illuminating the Darkness run later this year to support suicide prevention
  • RoteBook
    RoteBook Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I've been sick as a dog for the last week, and now I'm out of town. Back to it on Tuesday!
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    @Brans34 Congratulations to you and your son! Great accomplishment!

W2D2 - I did a hard ride on Mon and my knees are still so sore :/
  • RoteBook
    Options
    I re-re-re-did w6d3 Tuesday (with my 5 year old because I woke up late) and did w7d1 today. My husband is doing Zombies, run! but we haven't run together yet, lol.

I'm finding it weird to be one of the "old timers" on this thread. I feel like I should try to be inspiring or something.
  • Mooma29
    Mooma29 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Completed week 1 for the second time today as did t feel ready to move on the first week. So Monday I'll give week 2 ago. Slight pitfall is a weekend at the seaside before then which might leave me a bit sluggish but nothing ventured and all that
  • RoteBook
    Options
    W7d2 today! My slowest run yet, on purpose-I was seeing if it felt different/easier/better.
  • Mooma29
    Options
    Mooma29 wrote: »
    Completed week 1 for the second time today as did t feel ready to move on the first week. So Monday I'll give week 2 ago. Slight pitfall is a weekend at the seaside before then which might leave me a bit sluggish but nothing ventured and all that

Did w2d1 today. Struggled a bit on the second run but otherwise better than I expected. Will have to see how the rest of the week goes
  • caitlinj406
    caitlinj406 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was W5D2. It went well and now I have to psych myself up for the twenty minute run coming up next. I'm nervous but pretty sure I can do it.
  • Mooma29
    Options
    W2d2 done yesterday. It was ok!! I moved a bit further along my 3mile route before I started to a more level section which (obviously) made it a bit easier :)
  • RoteBook
    Options
    W7d3 today! I listened to a podcast instead of music and found it easier to zone out.
  • caitlinj406
    caitlinj406 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was W5D2. It went well and now I have to psych myself up for the twenty minute run coming up next. I'm nervous but pretty sure I can do it.
    And done! It wasn't even a bit deal.
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    W1D2 completed and other than the burn in my calves I thought it went well. Though I'm sure some amount of burn is expected.
  • Mooma29
    Options
    W2d3 done this morning. I did week 1 twice. It worked well for me. Not sure whether to repeat this one. Or move on. Ahh well sure I will have decided by Monday runday
  • RoteBook
    Options
    I'm starting week 8 this morning. The big question-make the 11 year old to come with me, or not? There will be fewer stops to find pill bugs but more complaining than when the 5 year old comes with me.