how much weight have you gained

Options

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    wantoldme wrote: »
    I have a quick question when did your pants get tighter during your first pregnancy? Some days I have bloat and it becomes tighter but 5 out of 7 days my pants are still loose on me and I'm 20 weeks.

for me I started doing the hairband trick around 15 weeks and by 20 I was like "I need real maternity pants" but at 25 weeks my belly is measuring on the large side according to my ob. I think it depends on how you carry, and height too, seems like tall women don't show till much later.

How big you look/carry doesn't seem to correlate that strongly with baby size/health from what I see and hear. I have seen ladies that look super huge have smaller littles and vice verse. And as you said, first timers tend to take longer to "pop".
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    @wantoldme I think around 16 weeks. It was extremely sudden. In the morning I was fine, and by the afternoon I was calling my mom to bring me bigger pants! And I never went back to being able to close my pants... My sister said ~25 weeks for herself. Very different from me.

@VeryKatie thanks. I'm being paranoid because of previous miscarriage. Plus my mother in law is saying I'm not showing but my mom keeps reminding me that it's my first baby and girls in our family don't start showing until later on. Once I get my ultrasound then I'll be relieved.

My sister is your height as well. So maybe that makes a difference!
  • jennifergmcnamee
    jennifergmcnamee Posts: 43 Member
    Options

@wantoldme I think around 16 weeks. It was extremely sudden. In the morning I was fine, and by the afternoon I was calling my mom to bring me bigger pants! And I never went back to being able to close my pants... My sister said ~25 weeks for herself. Very different from me.

@VeryKatie thanks. I'm being paranoid because of previous miscarriage. Plus my mother in law is saying I'm not showing but my mom keeps reminding me that it's my first baby and girls in our family don't start showing until later on. Once I get my ultrasound then I'll be relieved.

I think it depends how you're carrying as well. I'm carrying high, and all my pants still fit at 29 weeks. Shirts are a completely separate matter....

Also, I started showing at 18 weeks but am on the short side and carrying all out in front. I don't think there's really a "normal!"
  • artgalchitown
    artgalchitown Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Height: 5' 11"
    First Pregnancy
    Goal to Gain: 25-30lb

Starting weight: 169 lb
    Week 14: 05/04: 172.8 (+3.8, +3.8)
    Week 15: 05/11: 176.0 (+3.2, +7)
    Week 16: 5/18: 178.4 (+2.4, + 9.4)
    Week 18: 6/1: 179.4 (+1, +10.4)
    Week 19: 6/8: 182 (+2.6, +13)

Well here we go again. Now pushing the high end of weight gain for this point in the pregnancy. I feel like I've been doing a mostly good job of staying with in my calorie intake and eating healthy foods and drinking enough water, so feels a bit like this may be beyond my control. I could try to be more active on a daily basis but I'm still so dang tired all the time...it feels impossible to do anything after work and inconceivable to get up early to work out.

@wantoldme I started wearing maternity clothes last week. Some of my old tops still sort of fit me, but with my expanding tummy and giants boobs, even my previously "flowy" tops and dresses are too snug and pants were out of the question. I literally had to go to work one day with my pants unbuttoned and then overnight a bunch of maternity clothes so I would have something to wear the next day. Let me tell you, they are so much more comfortable!

Tall girls on here, where have you found maternity clothes? I am having trouble finding dresses and tops that aren't too short.
  • VeryKatie
    Options

I think it depends how you're carrying as well. I'm carrying high, and all my pants still fit at 29 weeks. Shirts are a completely separate matter....

Also, I started showing at 18 weeks but am on the short side and carrying all out in front. I don't think there's really a "normal!"

Yeah I agree. Every woman is different. I carried high up until recently, but when I gain weight I gain in the abdomen first. I show bloat easily. Also I almost always wear high waisted pants, so those were off the table much sooner than low rise. I just don't like wearing low rise on a normal basis so while pregnant was even less appealing to me.
  • wantoldme
    wantoldme Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies for your replies. My mother in law was expecting me to show since her other daughter in law is also petite like me and showed fast. Sometimes I just get so worried that something is wrong with my baby. I think once I do my ultrasound next week I'll be more at ease.
  • aljudkin
    aljudkin Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have had friends who don't show at all at 20 weeks! Google 20 week belly pics and you can see there is such a wide range of what is "normal."
  • wantoldme
    Options
    aljudkin wrote: »
    I have had friends who don't show at all at 20 weeks! Google 20 week belly pics and you can see there is such a wide range of what is "normal."

Thank you. I think it's because my mother in law thinks since I'm petite like her other daughter in law I should show soon. I think my legs have gotten even thinner and my arms. So far only my boobs I have gotten bigger.
  • marianlyn
    marianlyn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies for your replies. My mother in law was expecting me to show since her other daughter in law is also petite like me and showed fast. Sometimes I just get so worried that something is wrong with my baby. I think once I do my ultrasound next week I'll be more at ease.

If you think it might help with the nerves between appointments, you can buy home dopplers to check baby's heartbeat at home. I have heard good things about one called a Sonoline B. No personal experience yet, but I'm pretty sure they should work at 20 weeks, especially if you are on the slimmer side.
  • wantoldme
    Options
    marianlyn wrote: »

If you think it might help with the nerves between appointments, you can buy home dopplers to check baby's heartbeat at home. I have heard good things about one called a Sonoline B. No personal experience yet, but I'm pretty sure they should work at 20 weeks, especially if you are on the slimmer side.

Thanks. I never thought about getting one. Maybe I should look into it. I'm just so anxious/nervous/excited for next week. I will be 20.5 weeks when I visit my doctor for my 20 week appointment (6/14) and I will find out the baby sex on 6/15. I have only told my family and in laws and one friend. After the ultrasound I will be at ease and tell people. I am waiting to tell my friends at work and coworkers until after Fourth of July.
  • RAxB
    RAxB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have a quick question when did your pants get tighter during your first pregnancy? Some days I have bloat and it becomes tighter but 5 out of 7 days my pants are still loose on me and I'm 20 weeks.

I'm 20 weeks tomorrow and can wear normal pants, but maternity pants are just a bit more comfortable with various bloat times. I'm short and tend to wear higher banded pants so the expanding panel is easier than always buttoning and unbuttoning. I think I made the official switch around 16 weeks.

I am still wearing all of my normal tops and still do not look pregnant, so it really does depend on the person. A friend who is due around the same time has a VERY visible belly so it all is normal! The weight I have gained seems to have gone to just making me look wider around my hips rather than to a bump! Sigh.
  • marianlyn
    marianlyn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    @wantoldme I get it. We're planning to wait to tell people basically until we can't hide it anymore. I have my first appointment on 6/13, and I will be thinking of you the next couple days as you get your news. Good luck!
  • wantoldme
    Options
    marianlyn wrote: »
    @wantoldme I get it. We're planning to wait to tell people basically until we can't hide it anymore. I have my first appointment on 6/13, and I will be thinking of you the next couple days as you get your news. Good luck!

Aww thank you @marianlyn I'm excited for you as well. Good luck :smile:
  • jennifergmcnamee
    Options
    Height: 5'3"
    SW: 115
    Goal: 25-30 lb. gain

Week 17: 116 (+1)
    Week 18: 117 (+2)
    Week 19: 119.5 (+4.5)
    Week 20: 120 (+5)
    Week 21: 121 ( +6)
    Week 22: 123.5 (+8.5)
    Week 23: 124.5 (+9.5)
    Week 24: 124.5 (+9.5)
    Week 25: 125.5 (+10.5)
    Week 26: 126.5 (+11.5)
    Week 27: 126.5 (+11.5)
    Week 28: 128 (+13)
    Week 29: 128.5 (+13.5)
    Week 30: 129 (+14, cumulative)

With as much sodium as I consumed this weekend, I'm honestly surprised it's not worse.

Any ideas on how to flip my breach baby? I wasn't worried for the longest time, but she's like three pounds now, and I'm afraid she's running out of space to turn around. Plus, I would love to get her head out of my left ribs!
  • getfitgal123
    getfitgal123 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    4th pregnancy, hopefully 3rd baby
    Goal to Gain: 15-25 lbs.
    All weight gain is cumulative.
    Really hoping to keep weight in check this time. Gained 42.5 with my last baby, 15 lbs in first trimester alone! (eek!)

Starting Weight: 10/14 (conception): 154

Week 7: 11/23: 151.6 (-2.4)
    Week 8: 11/30: 153.2 (-0.8)
    Week 9: 12/7: 151.8 (-2.2)
    Week 10: 12/15: 153.0 (-1.0)
    Week 11: 12/22: 153.4 (-0.6)
    Week 12: 12/28: 155 (+1.0)
    Week 13: 1/5: 156 (+2.0)
    Week 14: 1/12: 158 (+4.0)
    Week 15: 1/20: 158 (+4.0)
    Week 16: 1/23: 158.8 (+4.8)
    Week 17: 1/29: 160.4 (+6.4)
    Week 18: 2/5: 161.0 (+7.0)
    Week 19: 2/12: 163.8 (+9.8)
    Week 20: 2/18: 165.0 (+11.0)
    Week 21: 2/25: 165.0 (+11.0)
    Week 22: 3/3: 166.6 (+12.6)
    Week 23:. 3/11: 168.2 (+14.2)
    Week 24:. 3/19: 170.4 (+16.4)
    Week 25: 3/27: 171.6 (+17.6)
    Week 26: 4/3: 172.2 (+18.2)
    Week 27: 4/9: 172.6 (+18.6)
    Week 28: 4/16: 174.6 (+20.6)
    Week 29: 4/23: 176.4 (+22.4)
    Week 30: 4/30: 176.8 (+22.8)
    Week 31: ????? On vacation
    Week 32: 5/13: 178.6 (+24.6)
    Week 33: 5/20: 178.6 (+24.6)
    Week 34: 5/27: 178.8 (+24.8)
    Week 35: 6/4: 181.4 (+27.4)
    Week 36: 6/11: 181.8 (+27.8)

Getting close! Weight has been bobbing around between 180-182 all week depending on water retention.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited June 2017
    Options

With as much sodium as I consumed this weekend, I'm honestly surprised it's not worse.

Any ideas on how to flip my breach baby? I wasn't worried for the longest time, but she's like three pounds now, and I'm afraid she's running out of space to turn around. Plus, I would love to get her head out of my left ribs!

It is pretty normal for them to hang out breech until you get close. I would ask your OB about it and see if they are worried.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    SW: 115
    Goal: 25-30 lb. gain

Week 17: 116 (+1)
    Week 18: 117 (+2)
    Week 19: 119.5 (+4.5)
    Week 20: 120 (+5)
    Week 21: 121 ( +6)
    Week 22: 123.5 (+8.5)
    Week 23: 124.5 (+9.5)
    Week 24: 124.5 (+9.5)
    Week 25: 125.5 (+10.5)
    Week 26: 126.5 (+11.5)
    Week 27: 126.5 (+11.5)
    Week 28: 128 (+13)
    Week 29: 128.5 (+13.5)
    Week 30: 129 (+14, cumulative)

At 30 weeks I wouldn't worry yet too much, but check out the Spinning Babies website. That's what my midwife told me to look at if the baby wasn't in position.
    http://spinningbabies.com/learn-more/baby-positions/breech/
  • VeryKatie
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Weird... since when does MFP say "Your comment will appear when it is approved" when you post something?

That's what it did when I suggested looking at Spinning Babies for the breech question.

• jennifergmcnamee
    Options
    Weird... since when does MFP say "Your comment will appear when it is approved" when you post something?

That's what it did when I suggested looking at Spinning Babies for the breech question.

That website looks really interesting. I'll ask my doctor what she thinks about these exercises at my appt. tomorrow.

I get that message when I post my own updates every week but not when I reply to people for some reason. I cannot for the life of me figure out why that is, but I'm wondering if certain words trigger it or something.
  • jvezzsb01
    jvezzsb01 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My 2nd baby was breech until the last few weeks. We were nervous about it but then one night we saw this crazy activity going on under my shirt and it was crazy(!). My husband said that the baby probably turned around with how crazy it looked and at the next appointment we found out baby had turned and was head down.