Tracey's OMAD Journey

Options

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I hope you get that 2 pound loss you're hoping for o:)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Today was a successful no eating day. I drank water, chewed sugar free gum, and had Water mixed with ACV, cinnamon, ground ginger, and cayenne pepper for "dinner". I was tempted when my family went to Dairy Queen for dinner, I got nothing and sat with them while they ate. I was not really very hungry today and happy that I succeeded on my 2nd extended fast. I am looking forward to my meal on tomorrow though.

45aajlwtf8t0.jpg

• OMAD2017
    OMAD2017 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Glad it went well! I find it surprising that I'm not more hungry when I fast but it's sure helpful. I don't know why I hesitate to do it more often, for health reasons, not even for weight loss. You've inspired me to start working a day in, here and there.
  • tlblanksfit
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Yesterday's fast was a success. I was down 2.4 lbs this morning and I am feeling pretty good. I broke my fast (43 hours) today with a lunch time meal around 1:00 pm as I attended a church function that served lunch. I think I will definitely reach my goal of a 2+ pound loss for the week. Incorporating 2 no eating days a week will help greatly on the weight loss and health fronts. Below is the picture of today's meal.

p22r33clux7c.jpg

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Good for you, Tracey! That's fantastic and the meal looks terrific!
  • tlblanksfit
    edited June 2017
    Options
    It's Sunday Official Weigh in Day and I am happy to report this week a 4 pound weight loss and a 1% body fat loss. Today is also my 30th day on OMAD and in 30 days I have lost a total of 10 pounds and 2.9% body fat. :p;):D I couldn't be more happier with these results. Below is my weight spreadsheet.

b1ujgwfrj2z2.jpg

The difference between week 4 and week 5 was the incorporation of 2 no eating days and adding back my ACV drinks. I will continue in this fashion. After being inspired by the OMAD KETO Warrior journal, I have created a fasting schedule. See below for this week's schedule. I have an 8 hour window scheduled for today as I have a long day and will be having a snack after my morning church service and will be eating a late dinner after a second church service we will be attending 2 hours away. My goal for this new week remains at least 2 pounds.

wskz10wclv1j.jpg

- Tracey
  • OMAD2017
    OMAD2017 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!! Great spreadsheet, too! :) That fried chicken meal looks amazing!! And to lose so much weight eating that is heaven on earth, lol.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    What a tremendous loss! Way to go, Tracey!
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Amazing loss! 10 lbs in 30 days is awesome! That meal looks so yummy :tongue:
  • OmadRyback
    OmadRyback Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    congrats on the incredible weight loss! On top of that your eating really well and not having to deprive yourself of delicous food!
  • tlblanksfit
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Today's meals. Tomorrow will be a no eating day.

4dtz62asy13c.jpg
    Chili Cheese Hot dog on a Josephs Flax pita bread and chili cheese nachos

mwlomrc5llgx.jpg

• mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    I was up 1.8lbs this morning after yesterday's meals. Today is a no eating day making a 44 hour fast so I am sure those pounds will be gone come tomorrow. I always have a big gain after eating a carby meal. I know I shouldn't do it, but I just love nachos. I will try to make this a low carb week and see how it goes. Still looking to be in the 150's by the end of the month.
  • tlblanksfit
    edited June 2017
    Options
    So today is a no eating day. I had more hunger today at work than I would like. I drank some green tea with truvia this morning and I think that gave me the hungries. I rode it out and am doing well now. For "dinner" I am having water with 2tbs ACV, and a couple of dashes each of cinnamon, ground ginger, and cayenne pepper. Here is a picture. I am at the 23 hour mark in my extended fast and will break the fast tomorrow at my 6:00pm OMAD eating time. This will make it end up being a 46 hour fast.

av6js30lviza.jpg

I saw Joe's Fat+fiber+protein (FFP) meal video today and I think I will start making my meals to coincide with that. I always have a big gain when I eat carbs and I think the FFP meals will be better for me.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Way to go Tracey! I admire you long term fasters.
  • tlblanksfit
    edited June 2017
    Options
    :) Thanks!
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Still hanging strong with my extended fast. Was back down to my official Sunday weight (164.2) this morning so I am glad it only took one day to bounce back this time versus a week. I am now looking forward to the losses.

I was looking on line and found a pasta made of legumes (red lentils, green lentils, chickpeas, black beans). It has good amounts of protein and fiber so will fall in line good with Joe's Fat+protein+fiber meals and come in the different pasta forms (fettucine, rotini, elbow macaroni, penne, spaghetti). I ordered some online as I don't think too many local stores have them. They have good reviews and I am excited to try them. Here is the link

http://tolerantfoods.com/

The cheapest places I found to order online are thrivemarket.com and luckyvitamin.com

I am sure they will be featured soon in one of my OMAD meals, I will report on how I like them then.

Not sure what I'll be having for dinner tonight, but I will post the picture later on.

- Tracey
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    Here is today's meal.

hk2vkhctakpq.jpg
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    yum! we all need to get together at your house for dinner!
  • tlblanksfit
    Options
    I have decided to forgo the extended fasts and just stick to OMAD. I started doing the extended fast basically because I was inpatient with the results I was getting and wanted speedy losses like others were posting. Focusing on OMAD and making healthy food choices will get me where I need to be without the added stress on my body from the extended fasts. For occasions when I am facing eating outside my window I will just eat one meal regardless of time and that will be my OMAD and i will just wait to eat again at my regularly scheduled meal time. This may cause me to have some extended fast days, but they should be rare.

- Tracey