TEAM SIX

Options

Replies

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,102 Member
    Options
    starjam25 wrote: »
    Today we have a birthday party for my 7 year old granddaughter!! I got her an outside ride on toy.... but if the rain doesn't stop she'll have to ride in in the living room and that won't be nearly as fun!! but the party will be good!

Have fun at her party and happy 7th birthday to your granddaughter!

• PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Good morning and excellent week everyone. Are we ready for a new one?
    This week’s challenge:

Wall sits sit on the wall for 30 seconds, 3 times for 4 days. 10 points

Look back at your goals that we talked about in week 1. List steps in accomplishing these goals. Please post them. I would love to see everyone’s plans on achieving their goals. 10 points

Plan at least 5 lunches or dinners for the following week. What are you going to eat, and what will you need to buy. 5 points

Bonus Challenge:
    Do any of the videos from the Amazing Race-Winter addition for at least 30 minutes. (May combine, mix or match or do the same one.)
    Keep on keeping on! Happy Monday.
  • starjam25
    starjam25 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the birthday wishes for my granddaughter! It was a great little party, just for family, and everyone had fun. Thank goodness the sun was shinning for long enough for her to ride her new bike thingy! The day was a great success!

But can I vent here... just for the sake of venting somewhere.... My daughter is married to Brian, and he is the birthday girls daddy. He's a GREAT provider, we live in a fairly expensive area and my daughter is able to be a stay at home mom, and has a great life in that respect. He's not physically abusive, doesn't drink or smoke BUT as a husband and dad, he is the absolute worst. Basically, he doesn't like his family at all and he makes it perfectly clear every time they are all together. During this great birthday party for his 7 year old daughter, he spent most of the day sitting on the sidelines, with just a hint of a "ok, if I have to" smile, he didn't even sing her happy birthday! When we went outside to play with her bike thingy, he stood way back from everyone talking to his step mom, wasn't even interested in how great she did on her bike thingy. Sometimes it's all I can do to not yell at him. His wife feels the same way, at this point in time she doesn't have much love for him. So what would you do, stay with him and enjoy his money and ignore his neglect, or leave him and struggle financially but maybe be happier???

I hate that he's putting them through all this, it just breaks my heart. My daughter and grandkids deserve a real husband and father... :(
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    Honestly, if he isn't even participating in his children's lives. I would consult a divorce attorney see what options they are. Alimony and child support they thought she would get. If I thought I could live off of this, or make enough to have a decent life, then I would work on a plan to leave. My happiness, and my children's is more important than money. However, your daughter might have other priorities have a different view. Such as the money offers her the ability to provide numerous opportunities that will help her children in the long run, better advantages. Her and the kids are okay, relatively happy without him. Maybe even couples counseling.. He might not even realize he is doing this. If he had a dad that was not involved in his life, he might think that he is being a perfectly good dad.

LOL I went on for a little bit. I definitely understand your frustration and anger. My ex was a lot like this.
  • starjam25
    Options
    The good news is, he's only home over the weekend, so her and the kids are happier without him most of the time. And you got it exactly right when you mentioned his dad... and in his case, his step mom. They are so so so much the reason he's the way he is. You know how I said he was standing in the back talking to his step mom. Well, they live less the 5 minutes from the kids yet last year I think they saw the kids 5 times... yet they swear they love them soooo much but don't bother seeing them. Even at the party, Brian and his step mom spent most of the time talking, and very little time with the birthday girl. And this is the first time this year the step mom has see her ONLY granddaughter... and I don't think Brian's dad has seen any of them at all this year.....
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    He probably doesn't even realize he is being distant then. Some families are just not very close. My exes family never even got together for holidays. My daughters grandpa lived 2 blocks away and didn't see her for 3 years. I would call and invite them over, or see if I could stop by. Was always told no. I just gave up, and figured I can't force them to be in her life. I just make sure my children know I love them.
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    Well I didn't kill it yesterday but it wasn't crappy either. I think I ate right at my calories. My diary literally was at 0 amazing. Ran (Read slow as heck) 25 minutes, walked 25 minutes. Didn't do any of my other exercises I wanted to do, but hey that is okay. There is always today.

How is everyone doing? I know a lot of us are in the Harry Potter Challenge. Everyone feeling good with that? I totally missed this weekends challenge. I just didn't see it on the board. :( I would have been able to do it too. :(
  • starjam25
    Options
    I was in the Harry Potter Challenge for about 12 terms, the latest one being the Christmas one! I love that challenge... but then I love Harry Potter. When I go walk on the treadmill I watch an hour of which ever is my latest movie. (I think I've watched every movie at least 100 times!!!) Took the last term off for this challenge but now on the wait list for the next one. Every so often someone makes a post about get your homework done and it makes me wish even more that I was in it. Oh well, next time, I'm sure!

I've done good walking. Yesterday during lunch I walked up and down the stairs in our 6 floor garage! Boy, were my legs sore.... but I love it when it's 2pm and I already have 7,000 steps!
  • starjam25
    Options
    jdelaroy wrote: »
    Well I didn't kill it yesterday but it wasn't crappy either. I think I ate right at my calories. My diary literally was at 0 amazing. Ran (Read slow as heck) 25 minutes, walked 25 minutes. Didn't do any of my other exercises I wanted to do, but hey that is okay. There is always today.

@jdelaroy what are the chances of ending the day at 0! That's what it's all about... just don't overeat! Hope today you can get in your other exercises!
  • starjam25
    Options
    I do the wall sits every time I brush my teeth!! and believe it or not, it is getting easier. I'm even surprising myself!

I won't be doing the planning one. I'm one of those "winging" it type of people. Somehow every time I plan things and buy ahead of time, I never do and the stuff goes bad. So when I go to the gym, I stop at Safeway after, and see what hits my fancy.

Have to look back one the goals I set up... It was sooo long ago, I don't remember!!!
  • starjam25
    Options
    starjam25 wrote: »
    Thanks for the video! What a great workout, I'm tired!

My first goal...... is to continue my "no diet soda" thing, as of yesterday, I'm on day 7. And unlike some times when I tried to stop my loved diet soda, this time, I'VE REALLY stopped. No cheating at all! I'd say that's a pretty good NSV, so yeehaw to me! I'd like to quit because I'm way to addicted to caffeine and it's time to stop the madness!

Second goal..... Not weight related at all... but I want to finally finish all of the Harry Potter books! I have them all on my Nook so it's easy enough to do. Lately I've been hooked on watching Smallville on Netflix, but out of 10 seasons, I have 5 more episodes left to watch (it's the very exciting climatic ending!!) so when this is over, I'm not going to start watching anything new, and will continue my goal of finally finishing the HP books!

..... so my no diet soda thing is going great!!! Today is day 19 with only 1 cheat day! I give myself a big high five every day for this one!

.... and my reading is going great too!! My husband and I were hooked on watching Smallville on Hulu and once we finally finished all 10 seasons, I started reading much more! I try and read at least a chapter or 2, or more every day! And so far, so good! That might change, if I get into the Hogwarts Challenge!! But it's Hogwarts!
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @starjam25 I am a complete book worm. But I go in and out of reading stages. I am thinking about getting the Harry Potter books to read. I have never read any of them, and only seen one of the movies. I thought it might be fun to read them to my kids. 6, 7 years old.

I did decent yesterday. Did a lunch run, after work walk, and my stretching for 15 minutes. I forgot how good that feels. Was going to go to the gym last night, but I was exhausted, and I wouldn't have been able to use the hot tub. (One of my big motivators for going there.)

I am still pretty tired. Not sure what I want to get done today though. Will have to think about it.
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    @starjam25, your doing a fabulous job, no Diet Coke, yesssss! Sorry, I haven't been around but the Hogwarts challenge is keeping me extremely busy plus we're going away for Easter Sunday. We're spending the weekend with my son!

Today, it's raining cats an dogs so it looks like the gym for sure will be my place for exercise. These last couple of days, I've started to run on the treadmill. Yesterday I got home and after I fixed dinner, I got super tired. It was extremely hard not to give in and just go get something quick but I made dinner. Also I didn't give in to snacking, yay for me!!!!!!!

Happy Wednesday, <3:)<3
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    Morning folks! I think we have all gotten really busy with our other challenges. I know I am getting bad about coming in and checking up here.

However, I wanted to wish everyone a happy Easter.
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
  • Tazieisland
    Tazieisland Posts: 2,861 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is enjoying their summer.
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @Tazieisland It has been great so far. I wish there was news on if and when the next Amazing Race was.
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Me too!!!!