• EdinTx
    EdinTx Posts: 87 Member
    Options
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    EdinTx wrote: »
    This morning..46

The last five weeks I've had about 26% of my readings be too low. I told my Dr and he took me off of one of my meds. Yay! So, within the last 5 months, I've cut my meds 2x per day to 1x per day to now just 1 med a day. Moving in the right direction! Woohooo.

Nice!

Which med did you shed, and what are you still taking?
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
  • leanmachine514
    leanmachine514 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Well, it's the weekend & time to catch up again...6/21=121, 6/22=108,6/23=118 & today was 120. So, somethings amiss as my numbers are higher than usual. ???
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Well, it's the weekend & time to catch up again...6/21=121, 6/22=108,6/23=118 & today was 120. So, somethings amiss as my numbers are higher than usual. ???

That happens to me when I'm coming down with something.
  • ConleighS
    ConleighS Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    99 this morning....
  • EdinTx
    Options
  • EdinTx
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    This morning..46

The last five weeks I've had about 26% of my readings be too low. I told my Dr and he took me off of one of my meds. Yay! So, within the last 5 months, I've cut my meds 2x per day to 1x per day to now just 1 med a day. Moving in the right direction! Woohooo.

Nice!

I'm still taking metformin and got rid of glimepride.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    This morning..46

Nice!

Fantastic. Great progress!

YMMV on the Metformin. I can't seem to keep my BG locked down at less than 2000mg, but some people manage on less.
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    Options
  • ConleighS
    Options
    158...guess.i should have left well emough alone after the 89 reading last night
  • ConleighS
    Options
    Dropped to 124 before breakfast. Happier now
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    114 sunday morning.... been a roller coaster the last few weeks but everything stayed below135
  • EdinTx
    Options
    This morning..46

Nice!

Fantastic. Great progress!

YMMV on the Metformin. I can't seem to keep my BG locked down at less than 2000mg, but some people manage on less.

500mg for now. Seems to be working fine. I think my diet and activity helps a lot. I work out 3-4x a week and pretty much a whole food/plant based diet with the occasional cream in my morning coffee. I try to stay away from all processed foods as much as possible.

I'm curious to see a new set of labs.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Ugh... I'm sick with something... my fasting has been fine (95ish) but my postprandials have been nutso, 168 after one meal which is 30 points higher than I'm used to seeing, and I feel all over terrible. I'm wondering if this is a lupus flare.
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    111 (6.17)

• BarneyRubbleMD
    Options
  • EdinTx
    Options
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    211 today - did pretty good over the weekend but did cave in to ice cream last night.