How are you getting on with C25K?

Options

Replies

• eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone. Hubby and I had a very productive therapy session today. I actually did my run before the appt. I ran for 7 minutes at 5.2mph and 23 minutes at 5mph, with 10 minutes at 4 mph for warm-up and cool down. So, thank you all for all your encouragement and confidence in me. I'm so grateful to reach of you. I'm planning on starting to strength train after I reach my mini goal of 162.2. Hopefully it won't be too much longer! You guys are the best!

Atta girl, you got this ;-)

Finished day 3 of week 2 first thing this morning. I'm constantly surprising myself on this programme, I had decided to do the 3rd run of the week tomorrow instead of today as I have a busy morning and will have to walk up and down a VERY steep hill twice, but woke up early and climbed on the treadmill before I could even think about it.
    I'm still toying with the idea of repeating week 2 like I did week 1, it's very hot even first thing in the morning and that's probably the toughest part for me atm. Also the thought of running for 3 whole minutes at once is pretty daunting, but I guess I'll see how I feel on Monday. May well surprise myself again!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I am back on program after pulled muscle/holiday. I've picked back up around where I left off with my non-C25K running level. Repeated Week 6 Day 1 yesterday, did less walking than required in the 2nd walk interval purely because I would have run out of route. So did 5 min run, 3 min walk, 8 min run, 90 sec walk, 5 min run. Followed up with some upper body strength training and a little yoga. Felt good to get back on track. Got a bit of a head cold, but not letting it deter me.
  • MegansMom2011
    MegansMom2011 Posts: 356 Member
    Options

@eleanorhawkins Look at how second-nature being healthy is becoming for you! Very inspiring!

Finished day 3 of week 2 first thing this morning. I'm constantly surprising myself on this programme, I had decided to do the 3rd run of the week tomorrow instead of today as I have a busy morning and will have to walk up and down a VERY steep hill twice, but woke up early and climbed on the treadmill before I could even think about it.
    I'm still toying with the idea of repeating week 2 like I did week 1, it's very hot even first thing in the morning and that's probably the toughest part for me atm. Also the thought of running for 3 whole minutes at once is pretty daunting, but I guess I'll see how I feel on Monday. May well surprise myself again!

Yes, the longer interval runs are intimidating, but just tell your brain that you're freakishly strong now and you can make it! Go at a slower pace for those long intervals if needed and keep working up to your faster pace.
  • MegansMom2011
    Options
    I'm happy to report that there's a clearing in the clouds. My marriage is going very well compared to the way it had been, my daughter was just selected for the lottery to get into the school district we wanted her in (after being wait-listed), I have a job interview today and another one on Monday, and I've been able to increase my runs to finish a 5k at 40:08 on the treadmill! Today, I'm at a new low weight of 166.4lbs - not too far off from my goal of wanting to be at 162.2 on Saturday, and I still have 2 days. I'm hoping to be able to run under 40 minutes on the treadmill consistently by next week.

Love reading all of everyone's victories, too, as they're very inspiring! <3
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I just finished w3d2. The 3m segments are pretty demanding at my current fitness level but doable. Next week's 5m segments, hopefully I can handle that.
  • Steve25k
    Steve25k Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Did week 1 day 2 this morning, no major issues except the mental ones..... my brain, which I feel will be my enemy during this adventure, is insisting on trying to convince me that the 90 second walks in between 'runs' (by which I mean turtle-speed shuffles) are a million times harder to handle than the 2 minute walks I was doing last week.

Yeah, brains are rubbish. Mine is always plotting against me.

• Steve25k
    Steve25k Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Anyone doing the 10k program yet?

I started it, the first week is (10 mins run, 1 walk) x 4 which I did once but it felt like a bit of a backward step when I've been running non-stop for 35/40 minutes anyway. I've decided that I'm probably going to run to work (8km) a few times a week instead of doing the 10k programme.
  • TheGaudyMagpie
    TheGaudyMagpie Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I guess this was a rest week for me. I'm planning to do 5K on Saturday as sort of a reset and then I'll get back to 10K training on Monday. Weight and appetite are pretty stable now that the thyroid issue is resolved. I'm also sleeping again, which is nice. So I don't feel too behind. Looking forward to getting back to it though as the running is a big stress reliever for me.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    a9yn8rww9cui.jpg

felt amazing after!! B):D
    not so amazing through the wooded path of brambley death. Or up the sloping hill of pain.
    But when saw the car I sprinted and my mate said he couldn't keep up! hehe

@Steve25k - yep, me neither. I am not a runner....except....maybe I might be. And I love seeing everyone's posts!
    (can I keep posting here now I have graduated the C25K thingy?)
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous of you all right now! I want to run but can't right now. But well done on all your progress!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    a9yn8rww9cui.jpg

not so amazing through the wooded path of brambley death. Or up the sloping hill of pain.

@Steve25k - yep, me neither. I am not a runner....except....maybe I might be. And I love seeing everyone's posts!

Of course you can keep posting here. I might make an additional thread for those of you who are doing the bridging 10k program too.
  • MegansMom2011
    Options
    Steve25k wrote: »
    Anyone doing the 10k program yet?

I started it, the first week is (10 mins run, 1 walk) x 4 which I did once but it felt like a bit of a backward step when I've been running non-stop for 35/40 minutes anyway. I've decided that I'm probably going to run to work (8km) a few times a week instead of doing the 10k programme.

That's good to know. Maybe I should start it out in addition to the 5k at parkrun. Can't hurt to try!
  • MegansMom2011
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    a9yn8rww9cui.jpg

Agree with @Steve25k and @beerfoamy - we're a runners group now! Can we still post here after C25K program is completed?
  • Tiikerinraidat
    Tiikerinraidat Posts: 61 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Did week 5, day 2 yesterday. 8 minutes felt long.. but I didn't stop. And time for that 20 min run tomorrow unless it rains all day like forecast is suggesting
  • Tiikerinraidat
    Options
    Woohoo! Did week 5, day 3 today - the 20 min run I've been dreading about
  • Tiikerinraidat
    Options
    I don't understand why my messages keep on being cut :/
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Week 3 day 1 DONE. Though I'm pretty sure those last 3 minutes lasted around 3 hours, or at least it felt like it!