Kat's OMAD journey

Replies

• jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Love Reubens but haven't had one in years so this is mouthwatering.
    I've got to have a Rueben night here pretty soon.
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    katjustkat wrote: »
    Had a yummy reuben sandwich and beet salad for dinner. Had chocolate coconut bar from Safeways bakery also for dessert. That was so good. Meal came out to about 1000 calories. I walked to the grocery store in the afternoon in order to incorporate grocery shopping and getting in my steps. Iwatch says I have 5 miles in for the day and then hubby and I always walk after dinner also . Should get another 2 miles. Great day...no hunger no headaches. Walking a couple hours before dinner really gets me through the time I usually get hungry. Loving OMAD :)gl67k61eep2f.jpg

I'm dying by how good this looks... A: a good Reuben is always delish and then havarti <3<3<3 possibly my favorite cheese of all time

Misty... the 'Primo' brand of Havarti at Safeway deli IS to die for. It's like butter; super creamy & mild. I haven't found another brand that compares.
  • katjustkat
    jvcinv wrote: »

Jim...ya you can make them with pastrami or corn beef. I like the corn beef better as it's not over powering like pastrami. I ask the deli for thin slices and then I like to saute in a bit of butter giving it a touch of crispiness. Funny how all us gourmands like the same things. Haha the BEAUTY of OMAD....we can have whatever we want for that one meal (within reason). One meal is not going to wreak havoc on our bodies. Hope I can stay as strong as you have. You rock B)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Had a yummy reuben sandwich and beet salad for dinner. Had chocolate coconut bar from Safeways bakery also for dessert. That was so good. Meal came out to about 1000 calories. I walked to the grocery store in the afternoon in order to incorporate grocery shopping and getting in my steps. Iwatch says I have 5 miles in for the day and then hubby and I always walk after dinner also . Should get another 2 miles. Great day...no hunger no headaches. Walking a couple hours before dinner really gets me through the time I usually get hungry. Loving OMAD :)gl67k61eep2f.jpg

I'm dying by how good this looks... A: a good Reuben is always delish and then havarti <3<3<3 possibly my favorite cheese of all time

Misty... the 'Primo' brand of Havarti at Safeway deli IS to die for. It's like butter; super creamy & mild. I haven't found another brand that compares.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YASSSSSSSSS, I'll have to look for it...I usually get one of these two:

1xcf4iv9p2r9.png
    vzzcjnxml82z.png

• katjustkat

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YASSSSSSSSS, I'll have to look for it...I usually get one of these two:

1xcf4iv9p2r9.png
    vzzcjnxml82z.png

Yummm...ok...I gotta look away now because... I'm starting to SALIVATE! Another two hours and I'll be saved by my walk :*
  • mistymeadows2005

1xcf4iv9p2r9.png
    vzzcjnxml82z.png

Yummm...ok...I gotta look away now because... I'm starting to SALIVATE! Another two hours and I'll be saved by my walk :*

LUCKY! I'm water fasting today - it's been weirdly hard to do so since we moved to the new place! I have no idea why, because nothing else changed except location and not living with my mama anymore (she sometimes made it WORSE though, because she didn't fast so I don't think that's it EITHER!)...anywho, I'm determined to get through today and that'll get me over the hump...if I get through a full week I'll be RIGHT back on track :)
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    jvcinv wrote: »

Jim...ya you can make them with pastrami or corn beef. I like the corn beef better as it's not over powering like pastrami. I ask the deli for thin slices and then I like to saute in a bit of butter giving it a touch of crispiness. Funny how all us gourmands like the same things. Haha the BEAUTY of OMAD....we can have whatever we want for that one meal (within reason). One meal is not going to wreak havoc on our bodies. Hope I can stay as strong as you have. You rock B)
    grill the corned beef in butter, wow, now you're speaking my language. I never would have thought of that but it sounds like a winner to me. Maybe this weekend.

Think positive, you will stay strong and because this is a lifestyle change and not a gimmick you will succeed.

• tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    No if Steph, when you get through the full week, you will be back on track. You've got this. Positive thoughts sent your way.
  • mistymeadows2005
    No if Steph, when you get through the full week, you will be back on track. You've got this. Positive thoughts sent your way.

Thank youuuuu!!!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member

1xcf4iv9p2r9.png
    vzzcjnxml82z.png

LUCKY! I'm water fasting today - it's been weirdly hard to do so since we moved to the new place! I have no idea why, because nothing else changed except location and not living with my mama anymore (she sometimes made it WORSE though, because she didn't fast so I don't think that's it EITHER!)...anywho, I'm determined to get through today and that'll get me over the hump...if I get through a full week I'll be RIGHT back on track :)

Every single time I've moved (and I've moved a ton) it totally screws me up. In fact if you looked at my weight chart over the past 20 years, you could probably pick exactly each time I moved due to the big weight gains!! It doesn't matter whether it's a big move like changing countries, or a small move like across town. I think it's just the change - even though it might not seem like much has changed, it totally has (if that makes sense)...

OMAD is gonna save you from that though, for sure... I sure wish I'd been doing OMAD for all those moves... Next time...
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    minigrrll wrote: »
    I am SO suggestible! I saw some amazing looking sandwich on someone else's thread last night, I think, and seeing this - I need to have a sandwich in my life now. Can't remember the last time I had a lovely big sandwich... Think I need to plan this as a weekend meal.

I wish I could pop over and bring you a HUGE "no chicken salad" sammich!!! So freaking good!!

@wsandy8512 - do tell - need recipe!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    minigrrll wrote: »

1xcf4iv9p2r9.png
    vzzcjnxml82z.png

Every single time I've moved (and I've moved a ton) it totally screws me up. In fact if you looked at my weight chart over the past 20 years, you could probably pick exactly each time I moved due to the big weight gains!! It doesn't matter whether it's a big move like changing countries, or a small move like across town. I think it's just the change - even though it might not seem like much has changed, it totally has (if that makes sense)...

OMAD is gonna save you from that though, for sure... I sure wish I'd been doing OMAD for all those moves... Next time...

For sure! It's kept me from gaining too much anyway! Back on track... Im home and making dinner for Cedric and so far so good ☺️
  • katjustkat

1xcf4iv9p2r9.png
    vzzcjnxml82z.png

Yay! You're being so strong. I think moving into a new place could be throwing you off mentally a bit. We're creatures of habit and you probably don't know how to feel. I pretty much have to stay upstairs to not get hungry. If I sit in the family room, which is next to the kitchen, I always get hungry. Totally weird but I know to stay upstairs to not get temptations. Also, :) being at home is more conducive to hmmmmm...I know what's in the frig and it's calling my name. You'll feel really good tomorrow, so you have that to look forward to. Have a great night :)
  • katjustkat
    Ok...I had a really good dinner. I made a spinach/arugula salad with shaved red onion, fresh mushrooms, lots of fresh hot bacon, avocado/balsamic glaze dressing and and a bit of the hot bacon grease mixed in to welt the leaves a tad. Had an artichoke with the same balsamic dressing that I made. Also...1/3 slice of a piece of chocolate cake I bought at safeway. It think it's called colossal chocolate cake and the bakery sells it by the slice. Shared it with hubby and son and there was more than enough for all three of us from that slice. Probably should have added more protein but my hard boiled eggs had an expiration date of Aug 10th and I was too scared to use them. Feeling nice and full and happy with my choice. Iwatch says I got 5 miles in today. I walked to the grocery store again in order to avoid thoughts of food before dinner. Will walk again with hubby 2 miles tonight. It's nothing new for me...I have mostly walked everyday for 25 years now so it's not even exercise just relaxation and mind release. Let's see if i can post the dinner pic. Hope everyone had a terrific day!b270x587q3aw.jpg

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    MMMMMMM!!!! Looks delicious!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Ok...I had a really good dinner. I made a spinach/arugula salad with shaved red onion, fresh mushrooms, lots of fresh hot bacon, avocado/balsamic glaze dressing and and a bit of the hot bacon grease mixed in to welt the leaves a tad. Had an artichoke with the same balsamic dressing that I made. Also...1/3 slice of a piece of chocolate cake I bought at safeway. It think it's called colossal chocolate cake and the bakery sells it by the slice. Shared it with hubby and son and there was more than enough for all three of us from that slice. Probably should have added more protein but my hard boiled eggs had an expiration date of Aug 10th and I was too scared to use them. Feeling nice and full and happy with my choice. Iwatch says I got 5 miles in today. I walked to the grocery store again in order to avoid thoughts of food before dinner. Will walk again with hubby 2 miles tonight. It's nothing new for me...I have mostly walked everyday for 25 years now so it's not even exercise just relaxation and mind release. Let's see if i can post the dinner pic. Hope everyone had a terrific day!b270x587q3aw.jpg

Thank you for the kind words Kat... The fast went well so I'm feeling good! That dinner looks divine! I'm being needy today w my omaders but will you post the recipe for your balsamic dressing in the recipes thread for me? Pleeeeease?
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    I second this request as well :)
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Yummie meal Kat!!! artichauds are so good for us <3
  • katjustkat
    Ohhhh...the balsamic dressing...so basically I don't measure anything but go according to taste :# I use avocado oil, balsamic glaze, about a teaspoon or less of dijon mustard, salt, black pepper and a pinch of sugar (really don't need the sugar as the balsamic is already sweet). Probably would start with 4 parts oil and 1 part balsamic glaze. You want wisk the balsamic and mustard, salt, pepper, sugar first. Then slowly add the oil and wisk all together. Just taste it along the way and add what you would like. You need very little of this dressing as it has tons of flavor...I would definitely toss it all together and not just plop some on top of the salad. It's my favorite and probably a lot better for us than the other stuff. Enjoy...it's so good :)
  • katjustkat
    Tonight's dinner is spaghetti bolognese and a veggie skewer that I put back on the grill because I like it charred. I had a chocolate pudding and a lil whip cream for dessert. I'm going to bed early because I'm getting a sore throat. I haven't been sick in years :/ Hope everyone had a wonderful day. I think I weigh in tomorrow, although it hasn't been a full week... but I think Fridays will work well for me.o9h7lmlihkxd.jpg