Daily check in

Options
intotennis
intotennis Posts: 183 Member
edited August 2017 in Social Groups
The group will start on Aug 28th! I'm 59 (yikes) and have success with P90X, got into the best shape of my life. You know the story, life gets in the way, lol I love food and wine so keeping the P90X extreme wasn't for me. I play tennis 4 to 5 times a week but, I want some strength training to get into better shape. I'll be starting P90X3, intense workouts but a better fit for my life style (time).

Replies

• swati0107
    swati0107 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new. Can you please tellme how to add you to my friend list?
  • intotennis
    Options
    Hi Swati0107, are you interested in joining the group?
  • shawna_25
    shawna_25 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm 29, and for the past few months I've been getting unhealthier by the day. Earlier this year I was very committed to eating right and working out but a lot has happened since then and I unfortunately fell off the bandwagon. I plan to get back in the gym, to start running again, and to start using my Fitbit. Hoping to be apart of a successful group while I get fit again!
  • intotennis
    Options
    Hi Shawna, we all fall off now and again, but you just get back on and keep trying! You have made a big step towards your fitness goals! Welcome to the group!
  • jorange88
    jorange88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    This will be one of many attempts to get on track toba healthy lifestyle. But this time is different, this time I will have support and accountability. Look forward to embarking on this journey with y'all
  • jorange88
    Options
    Does anyone know of some challenges for beginners?
  • intotennis
    Options
    Hi jorange88, this group would be great for you, it's more about having support regardless of your fitness level. We'll start the 28th just check in daily and let us know how you did good or bad, you'll see your not alone :) Just keep pushing forward!
  • kbranch75
    kbranch75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    https://www.popsugar.com.au/fitness/Weight-Loss-Motivation-Techniques-42863852

Here's a great article I'd like to share with the group. A little motivation. Check it out.
  • jorange88
    Options
    Thank you for the article definitely have to try some of these things
  • crazychicken2017
    crazychicken2017 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi! So glad you started this group. It will definitely motivate me. My name is Mary and I'm in my upper 50s. I love to play tennis, singles is my favorite. Injuries have really cut into my time on court. My diet is nothing special but it's all terrible fast or junk food. Goal will be to do a minimum 30 min workout every day and start to eat healthier foods at about 1300 calories a day. Good luck to everyone. Mary
  • intotennis
    Options
    Thanks Mary, glad to have you! :)
  • avoid150
    avoid150 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Starting back up again. Can you suggest a good menu plan that I can feed my husband and son who do not need to loose weight but I can eat too and stay in 1200 calorie range? I will do portion control-any other suggestions?
  • intotennis
    Options
    Hey avoid150, it's great to see you back!!! WW is a great program is more about portion control and choices. As an example, If you want a glass a wine then don't have the pasta. I'm going to try and add more veggies to my meals. :)
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    What do you think of adding goals under the announcements, where you have introductions/welcome?
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Oops, sorry :-(
    ...just read your post and you mentioned including goals...
  • MommaBeare
    MommaBeare Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Michelle. I am excited to do this challenge and improve my health and weight, of course. Statistically, I am overweight and should lose at least 20 pounds to be "statistically" healthy, but I know me :)
    I am going to be doing the Ketogenics eating. I'm celiac, so it's in the same wheelhouse and I had some great results and love how I feel. I do eat grass-fed and organic (have to).
    My ridiculous goal is 30 pounds, but my realistic goal will be 15.
    My workouts will be based off of what I can do. I'm going to ride my indoor bike at least 30 minutes a day (might not be all at once), walk my dogs around the neighborhood (3/4 mile), and I am going to add a lot of strength training with weights, yoga, and when I can get back on the tennis courts, tennis. I am hoping in 2 weeks to be on the tennis courts attempting.

My GOAL: run a 5 k before my 49th birthday (December), lose 15 pounds, be back to full health from before surgery, by November 3. 8 weeks, I guess it is.
    PS: I'll be trying to monitor my burning by using ketone strips.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! TMI, but if I put it out there, I'll be too embarrassed to not fulfill it.
  • intotennis
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Welcome to the group MommaBeare, no one is every "Ready" to start change why do you think I started this challenge group, lol We're all here for the same reason, keep that great attitude as it will take you far!!! :)
  • avoid150
    avoid150 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I literally "rose" to the occasion today. I'm learning I have to exercise before I start my day so I did a 5:45 am spin class :) We'll see how the rest of the day goes.....
  • intotennis
    Options
    That's awesome avoid150, have a fantastic day! :)