Daily check in

Options

Replies

• kathyNKCSD
    kathyNKCSD Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Well I went phone shopping and I am so confused. I have been a flip phone user since I got a cell phone and not tech savy at all. Needless to say my phone had no cost left anymore and I am looking at upgrading to a smartphone. After shopping around (no phone yet) I went to the fitness center and got on the treadmill, bike, and some leg machines. Good stress relief! Meals were good, kept the sodium down (my goal). I need a good recipe for a nutritional but tasty smoothie (preferably fruit). Mommabeare, you talked about a protein shake. Is that something you put together or buy?
    @MommaBeare - hope you get some good zzzzzz's and keep running girl
    @kbranch75 - good job on protein and thanks for the @ hint. I'm trying it.
    Impressed with you all that have family at home, keeping up with them and looking out for yourself.
    day 4, week 12
  • intotennis
    intotennis Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Check in – Day 24 Wednesday

Started P90X3 Accelerator but, it has a ton of plank & push-ups and I tweaked my wrist so stopped and did the elliptical for 30 mins. Had a tennis match tonight that went 2+ hours so got lots of running in!

Nutrition: Good day and under calories (so glad I don’t have to shoot my foot,lol)

Day 4 – Weekly 14

Jorange – You are on a roll, keep up the awesome job! Planning meals ahead of time is power!

Kbranch – tired and still pushing forward, I love how you lead by example, keep rocking it! PS: What’s this “@” thing you’re talking about, lol

Kathy – So nice of you to stay with a sick friend, you are a very special lady. Don’t worry about missing a workout, your doing amazing and it’s good to know when to push yourself and when not to. I use Shakeology for my shake, little pricey but, I think it’s worth it! Sorry about the phone. (I think it’s a sign to get a new one, lol)

Mommabeare – Slacker!!! Just kidding, your doing fantastic, listen to your body and get plenty of rest. For your nutrition, sometimes we have to adjust what were doing, life happens right? I have a protein shake everyday for a meal but, I make sure I have healthy snacks thru-out the day to keep me full. Good luck with your football season.

Love seeing all of you kicking butt, it’s so motivating!!! <3<3<3<3<3
  • jorange88
    jorange88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    Yesterday I did a little cardio workout. Today I did some circuit training. My mom made some muffins but I stayed away from them. Not as hard as I thought sticking to eating something sweet once a week. I have been substituting yogurt and fruit smoothies as my sweet intake during the week.
  • intotennis
    Options
    Check in - Day 25 Thursday

Had a tennis drill for 90 mins and did lot's of running, super fun! Completed P90X3 - Pilates, joke, lol - only becuz I don't have the core muscles to do the exercisers but, I did my best!

Nutrition: Good day, should stay under calories

FYI: Had a teammate tell me I was looking thinner & I laughed, I thought she was joking becuz I had chili for dinner and was bloated galore! Plus, I thought she was trying to keep me happy so I'd play better, lol we tease each other a lot. it's all good!

Jorange - You're doing awesome, super control and smart to have a healthy smoothie as your sweet! Keep rocking it!

Day 4 - Weekly 18

Keep pushing forward ladies!!!
  • kathyNKCSD
    Options
    Busy day today and I like that. Then I don't think about food and eating. Had tennis drills this morning followed by 3 games of bowling, and ending with 18 holes of golf. I am really liking this cooler weather. I am way under calories so I think I'll have a snack tonight. Tomorrow will be a slower day, maybe I'll go phone shopping. I had a doctor appointment today and was actually excited to get on the scale BUT it was about 5 pounds higher than my scale at home. Doc needs to fix her scale!!!!
    jorange - what is your recipe for your fruit smoothie? Good control staying away from those muffins.
    intotennis - you are thinner and looking it. That's no joke!

day 4, week 16
  • MommaBeare
    MommaBeare Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day 4 Thursday

@kathyNKCSD I buy the orgrain protein shakes when I take one on the go (I'm picky and try to eat clean, so this is a very clean (ingredients) brand). I like the chocolate one.
    The main shake, I make. I use PB2 powder, Protein mix, and Simple Truth has an organic unsweetened almond milk (Fry's). I like that brand because it doesn't have carageneen (carcinogenic) they put in most almond/rice/coconut milks.
    I think my menu is viewable if you want to know the brand. I'm sure you can find cheaper, but I'm about clean ingredients, especially since I have to eaten gluten free and try to eat grass fed (not always easy).

Myfitnesspal will not post your menu if you are less than 1000 calories.

@intotennis I wanted to check you guys out and chit chat, but I knew you guys were in a match and didn't want to interrupt you. I hope you guys didn't think I was rude. I truly just didn't want to intrude on ya'll playing... plus, I was extremely motivated to get on the machine.

Hit the gym, got the 1 mile down, still not a piece of cake, but wasn't dying either. Still lingering at the high 13's. Did the walk, run, walk, run, 15% incline walk, etc... just getting time and stamina going.

Love all the choices and struggles, good to know we're all rowing in the same boat.

Sleep well, I'm going to go work on mine!
  • kbranch75
    kbranch75 Posts: 80 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hey ladies,

Nothing exciting. Jogged 4.5mi this morning at a good clip. Headed out at 5:40am. Ate under goal. I do have a sweet treat or some other not so great choice, but it's a two bite thing. I could save a few calories but I'll go crazy. Work is busy and I get that if you take your mind off food You won't be hungry. Problem is, I sit near the break room.

@crazychicken2017 great job working out and staying below goal
    Great job Naomi on Tuesday's match!
    @jorange88 fruit helps me with my cravings too.
    @kathyNKCSD you are so busy! Suggestion, Buy protein powder at sprouts and add whatever u like. There's a mini blender at Walmart for $15 for smoothies ( not strong enough for ice, but cold milk or water, blends soft fruit and spinach etc just fine.
    @MommaBeare so proud to see you kicking butt!
    @intotennis need I say more? Change it to intoP90x and or intobananas?

D4-W19
    Week 4
  • MommaBeare
    MommaBeare Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    To add to KB above ^^^ if you don't have a blender, you can buy a shaker bottle (like a water bottle with a wire ball in it to mix the powder up). I started this way, then I would just put the powder in and whenever I needed something and didn't want to burn my progress, fill it with water and shake -burn 5 calories by shaking it lol This took care of food cravings, sugar cravings, hunger... I used to always have a shaker bottle with me.
    I only use water when traveling or tennis, I prefer almond or coconut milk (for the benefits). BE VERY careful on the protein powder you buy, you could be sabotaging yourself buying one that has bad sugars and lots of filler and wheat crap. Garden of Life is a good brand, seems like an expense up front, but lasts for quite a long time. I throw in PB3 (peanut butter powder) because I like chocolate and peanut butter. I choose stevia because it doesn't effect my blood sugar or give me sugar cravings, since I don't get any added sugar..

KB GREAT run! way to go get em and so early! LOVE the beast mode!!!!

**I do have to say this*** for those of you who work full time and even more so, who have young ones, KUDOS to you! That takes an awful lot of will power and determination to put in a work out and watch your menu during work, after a long day of work.... I think you're by FAR having to work harder and the challenge is real! Don't be upset at yourself or not feel free to vent, or see some of us who aren't full time workers able to do several things... We aren't here to compare, but here to tell you Great job or there is always tomorrow, the world will not end if you are too tired to cook and you have to eat out... just be smart where you eat out... and drink your WATER!
    IF I were working, I would tell myself: if you're too tired to hit the gym or work out after work: pump your calf muscles at your desk, sit on the edge of your chair as if in a squat and work your thighs, leg lifts under your desk, put 5lb weights at your desk and take turns working your arms...if you do not have weights or unable you give me your address, I'll send you mine. We are all here for each other in one form or another.
    So, you give me a challenge and I give you mine:

WORKERS: I challenge you to
    2 sets of 10 leg lifts under your desk (each leg)
    2 sets of 10 calf pumps under your desk (both legs same time)
    2 sets of 10 squeeze knees together for inner thigh work out
    2 sets of 10 butt squeezes holding for 5 seconds
    Throw in some arm stretches and HAPPY FRIDAY!

My challenge back is to quit bitching on the treadmill and push it 1 extra minute for all my workers, am sure they'd rather be where I am at.
  • giglqueen
    giglqueen Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Sorry I've been MIA, this week has been super hectic with end of the month in a mortgage company! I've had 12 hour days all week, so when I get home I'm ready for bed! My nutrition was on point Monday and Tuesday, but faltered the rest of the week. It's really sad when you're so busy at work you can't get up to peel your hard boiled eggs for lunch. Next week I'll be prepped better and have my eggs peeled and cut up ready to go! We did have wonderful lasagna stuffed bellpeppers for dinner, a great keto meal! I also made a green chili chicken bake that was amazing as well. I'm ready for the weekend and need to relax!
  • intotennis
    Options
    Check in – Day 26 Friday

Went for a hike on a mountain for 90 mins, beautiful views. Started P90X3 Agility but, my legs gave out about 20 mins in. I ran out of energy plus, I had a message yesterday and I felt like I’ve been beaten up! My energy level is really low, I can tell I’m due for my HRT which is in 2 weeks. I’ll be kicking butt again soon!

Nutrition: Okay, under calories but, not the best of choices.

Day 4 – Weekly 22

Kathy – Don’t worry about the doctors scale, they're all different! You’re doing amazing and I’d think you’re home scale is showing that! PS: Thank you for your compliment, it helps!

Mommabeare – You are doing amazing my friend! And yes, the struggle is real! Love that you can see it’s hard on the working/mommy ladies. Love your new challenge!

Kbranch – 4.5 mile jogging at 5:40AM and nothing exciting? Are you kidding me!!!! Do you know how many people don’t get there butt out of bed to do that (me!) You are amazing! PS: I had an orange today, just for you.

Giglequeen – It’s definitely tough when life gets in the way but, you’re doing it! Prepping is hugh and don’t forget to eat! Taking care of yourself before anything/one is most important!

You all are doing great, keep pushing forward!!!
  • kbranch75
    Options
    Hey ladies,

Today ran 3mi in under 30 min, did some housework (mopped the whole house) before I ran since I was up at 4am, then walked the dog. I ate under goal, went to Red Lobster for lunch and just had small bites of apps, then grilled scallops and broccoli. Apps: 1 big coconut shrimp, a few chips and 3 tsp of queso. Nothing overboard, able to control.

Thanks for the kind words. It's not easy but I don't think about it and just go. When I'm finished, I'm like dang I'm glad that's over, and when I get home from work, I don't need go again. You get used to it. Don't think I'll text you back after 8:30 at night, I'm out.

@intotennis your workout today was fab! That's awesome you mix it up. I'm stuck with my usual.
    @crazychicken2017 still killing it! And under goal.
    @giglqueen you got this! A little pre-work will certainly pay off. No worries.
    @MommaBeare you're doing super! I enjoy your candid posts.

Lisa & Naomi, where the hell are u?

D4-W23
  • kathyNKCSD
    Options
    This was my slow Friday but I did get to the fitness center to get on the elliptical. I am amazed at those of you in the working force to see how busy your day is and the planning and commitment it takes to stay on track. Don't worry about the little setbacks. Just being aware of it and having your goal in sight always, will always be positive for you and get you back on track. Getting up early to fit in a workout-WOW, enjoying the beauty of nature while getting a workout-AMAZING, trying some new recipes-YUMMY. Thanks for sharing your protein drink recipes!
    day 4, week 20
  • jorange88
    jorange88 Posts: 36 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    This morning I started bright and early. I completed a cardio workout and place on doing some circuit training later on. My meals are planned out so it promising that I will stay under calorie budget.
    @kathyNKCSD I dont know any recipes for smoothies. I usually go to smoothie king. If anyone knows any good recipes I would love to know.
    Everyone has been so on point. It keeps me motivated. So thanks for your faithfulness.
  • intotennis
    Options
    Check in – Day 27 Saturday

Played little over 2 hrs tennis doubles & completed P90X3 Yoga, felt good to stretch!

Nutrition: Treat night; will watch portion size and enjoy . :)

FYI: The scale was kind to me this morning, little by little! Definitively motivates me to push more!

Day 4 – Weekly 26

Kbranch – if you ever want a “ball & chain” on your run, let me know and I’ll give it a try (just not at 4 fringgin AM!) Excellent control on enjoying your treats and I love that you’re calling out Lisa & Naomi, sometimes we need tough love!!! :p

Kathy – Love that you say working out on one thing was a slow day, lol If you’re moving and grooving then it’s a great day to me!!

Jorange – Awesome jog getting your workout done early so you can enjoy your day! Love that you’ve planned out your meals, should definitely help to keep you on track. Keep rocking it!

Keep kicking butt ladies!

PS: Lisa and Naomi, where the hell are u? <3<3<3<3
  • kbranch75
    Options
    Today was a treat lunch/dinner but in moderation. Took mom to Sedona for lunch had a wonderful view of the red rocks. Ate a grilled chicken sandwich, 1 wing, and fries, (ate only 1/2) and a ton of water. Had an apple danish today too from my favorite bakery but didn't eat all of it, and it wasn't crazy sweet or with a lot glaze. I did have 1 hot wing and one beef rib for dinner, literally one. I was over on my fat goal (fries, beef and danish) and protein. Under sugar and carb.

I had this lunch pre-planned, so early this morning I ran as fast as I could for 3 miles and walked the dog for 25 min too. Making up for a day with mom. My goal in the next 2 weeks or so is to finish 3 miles in under 28 min.

Mrs @intotennis would I be the ball or chain?
    @jorange88 excellent job! Great planning.
    @kathyNKCSD your awesome and you're doing fantastic.

Tomorrow its back to ground chicken, spinach, and brown rice.

D4-W27
    Week 4
  • kathyNKCSD
    Options
    Ate out tonight at Chili's. I got the quesidillas but only ate 3 of the 8 and some of the cheese fries. I feel full and felt like I kept my portions down but the poor nutritional factors of fats and sodium and calories is depressing. Good thing that I don't eat out very often.
    kbranch - sounds like you were very conscious of your choices today when you ate in Sedona. I love the views and red rock there. I could probably do 3 miles in 45 minutes. I don't doubt that you will reach your goal. Hey, tomorrow's menu doesn't sound so bad.
    intotennis - way to go on the scale, that is an awesome achievement and you're doing it right. You worked out enough today to prepare for your treat night.
    jorange - way to start bright and early in the morning with your workout. I wish I could be more ambitious in the morning. Planning out meals makes the day go so much better doesn't it.
    gigiqueen - I know you will have a better week coming up so keep on trying. You can do it!!!
    mommabeare - I bought some almond milk to use instead of cow milk. Thanks for your tips.

day 3, week 23
  • intotennis
    Options
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

And the Queen of the Day?????? Drum roll please!!!

Kbranch!! Again, you have shown us the way, you plan ahead and workout extra hard for your treat days, your setting goals and sticking to them. Thank you and congrats again on being our Queen!!

PS: I missed you by 1 point!!! Next week watch out!!!! :p

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
  • intotennis
    Options
    Ladies, jump on the challenge of Queen for the day, I think most of you are already doing it but, just not listing your points.

1) If you check in, that's a point.
    2) Did you log your food for the day, that's a point.
    3) Did you move your body in some fashion, that's a point.
    4) Did you make a positive comment on a previous post, that's a point.

Tally them at the bottom on your daily check in with the days points and the weekly total!

You're all doing amazing so let's keep Pushing forward!!!!
  • kbranch75
    Options
    I'm tired
  • kbranch75
    Options
    And hungry