Britt's Vegan OMAD Journey

Replies

• katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Yummy meal. I agree with Sarah on dates in the house...can't keep my hands off of them till they are ALL gone. I once bought a huge container of them at COSTCO and I ate the whole thing in a week. They make my eyes roll back in my head. Just can't buy them anymore :(
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Date caramel is just dates blended with water to make a sweetener. I use it in place of honey or agave! It's yummy.
    I also can't keep dates in the house. WAYYYY too easy to overeat.
  • brittdee88
    No picture for today's OMAD, but I ate it around 1 PM, and I had A LOT. I am still very full 4 hours later. I had ginger salad, miso soup, cucumber rolls with extra ginger, hibachi veggies, fried rice, plum wine, and a bar of caffeinated chocolate. Pretty sure I will see a big gain, but hoping the fact that I ate earlier in the day will mitigate it some since I will have fasted 5-6 more hours than usual before weighing in.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    No picture for today's OMAD, but I ate it around 1 PM, and I had A LOT. I am still very full 4 hours later. I had ginger salad, miso soup, cucumber rolls with extra ginger, hibachi veggies, fried rice, plum wine, and a bar of caffeinated chocolate. Pretty sure I will see a big gain, but hoping the fact that I ate earlier in the day will mitigate it some since I will have fasted 5-6 more hours than usual before weighing in.

Hibachi ANYTHING, sign me up! NOM NOM
  • brittdee88

I KNOOOOOOW! I love Japanese. We went out for our classmate's birthday, and we all had huge lunch specials. I got all of that for like $13!
  • mistymeadows2005

I KNOOOOOOW! I love Japanese. We went out for our classmate's birthday, and we all had huge lunch specials. I got all of that for like $13!

NOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!! I wish someone would go to Beni Hana's with me! But hubby works too far away, and sissy is at work *sigh* We recently went to a new place that was pretty good! My favorite is still Sagano's (there's multple locations but it's local so you might not have heard of it).

Question - can you still have the fried rice, even with the egg?
  • brittdee88

NOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!! I wish someone would go to Beni Hana's with me! But hubby works too far away, and sissy is at work *sigh* We recently went to a new place that was pretty good! My favorite is still Sagano's (there's multple locations but it's local so you might not have heard of it).

I'd go with you! Come pick me up! LOL!
    And no, I request it without it. :)
  • mistymeadows2005

I'd go with you! Come pick me up! LOL!
    And no, I request it without it. :)

I'm in! DINNER DATE!! WOOT WOOT!!!

It's just as good without it - can you have the sauces and stuff? I have no idea what's in it, but the lighter colored one I literally put on every. single. thing. on. my. plate. This last place we went had rice AND lo mein noodles...DELISH! <3
  • brittdee88

It's just as good without it - can you have the sauces and stuff? I have no idea what's in it, but the lighter colored one I literally put on every. single. thing. on. my. plate. This last place we went had rice AND lo mein noodles...DELISH! <3

Yummmmm! I love noodles. Whenever I get Thai, I always go for the noodles since I can eat them.
    I'm actually not supposed to have soy sauce because of the wheat, but I do on occasion and just hope I won't have a reaction! I think you're talking about what we call yum yum sauce and it is SO good, but it uses egg yolks/mayo. I usually double up on the brown ginger sauce, which I also love. I LOVE ginger, so it makes up for it, but I DO miss yum yum sauce. I actually used to keep a bottle in my fridge for whenever I did a stir fry. SO good! I would literally make everything into yum yum soup -- all of my veggies would be swimming in the stuff LOL!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    edited September 2017

Ginger anything for me! That all sounds so good...

What is caffeinated chocolate? I mean, I think I can figure it out, but doesn't chocolate have caffeine in it anyway? And mmmmm... chocolate covered coffee beans. I once ate a massive amount of those at a conference where I had to do a presentation. I already talk really quickly, but this was over the top!! I was like the energizer bunny...
  • mistymeadows2005

Yummmmm! I love noodles. Whenever I get Thai, I always go for the noodles since I can eat them.
    I'm actually not supposed to have soy sauce because of the wheat, but I do on occasion and just hope I won't have a reaction! I think you're talking about what we call yum yum sauce and it is SO good, but it uses egg yolks/mayo. I usually double up on the brown ginger sauce, which I also love. I LOVE ginger, so it makes up for it, but I DO miss yum yum sauce. I actually used to keep a bottle in my fridge for whenever I did a stir fry. SO good! I would literally make everything into yum yum soup -- all of my veggies would be swimming in the stuff LOL!
    :D:D:D
    Yessss! We call it that too I just didn't know if you knew what I was referencing lmao
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    yum yum sauce sooo good
  • brittdee88
    Sarah, it is dark chocolate that has additional caffeine added. It was great! Caffeine doesn't affect me as much as other people. I can drink a cup of coffee and go to bed right after actually. I had that chocolate with a cuban espresso shot and was perfectly fine!
  • tlblanksfit
    That is how I am with coffee as well. I can drink it and go right to sleep.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Me toooooooo
  • x3nomorph
    x3nomorph Posts: 174 Member
    havent read all the thread has like 150 new replies haha

I'm glad you are still trucking, good job

dpmhoqeavqpn.jpg

• brittdee88
    edited September 2017
    Today's eating event (2:28 -4:28):

563m7w08pu4n.jpg

Note to self: red wine in the middle of the day is a NO GO. I am super tired now, so this 3-hour class I am in now is going to be pretty brutal. I will have to stick with white on weekdays.

Pineapple
    Thai red curry (eggplant, peppers, carrots) with rice
    Coffee with chocolate covered candied oranges and ginger slices (sooooo good. Picked this up at a local chocolatier around the corner from my house!)
    Glass of red

By the way: I LOVE MY INSTANT POT! I made that curry in literally 8 minutes, and the depth of flavor was absolutely amazing. It tastes like it was stewing for at least an hour or so. Next time, I will make a bit more sauce (I used the meat and some of the water from my coconut the other day, and that only made about a cup), but other than that, yummy!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Today's eating event (2:28 -4:28):

563m7w08pu4n.jpg

Note to self: red wine in the middle of the day is a NO GO. I am super tired now, so this 3-hour class I am in now is going to be pretty brutal. I will have to stick with white on weekdays.

Pineapple
    Thai red curry (eggplant, peppers, carrots) with rice
    Coffee with chocolate covered candied oranges and ginger slices (sooooo good. Picked this up at a local chocolatier around the corner from my house!)
    Glass of red

By the way: I LOVE MY INSTANT POT! I made that curry in literally 8 minutes, and the depth of flavor was absolutely amazing. It tastes like it was stewing for at least an hour or so. Next time, I will make a bit more sauce (I used the meat and some of the water from my coconut the other day, and that only made about a cup), but other than that, yummy!

Delish! Love me some curry!
  • brittdee88
    Me, too!
    And knowing that I can have it in less than 10 minutes just makes me want it everyday LOL!
  • tlblanksfit
    I have to get me a instant pot. I showed it to my husband in Target the other day, so I am looking for him to get it for me any day now. He is great like that.