Bob Lamb - OMAD 9/6/2015

Options

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Yesterday couldn't get full. TDEE of about 2300. Ate about 2700kcals for a surplus of 400kcals (weighed 1-lb more this morning after that than the day before but could only gain 400/3500 of a lb of fat at the most - most just water weight).

Tonight, I ran a 5k plus a mile warmup and a 2-mile cooldown. TDEE of about 3200kcal. I could only eat about 1300 cals (so far) tonight for a deficit of about 1900kcal for the day!

Ate chili and a blended fruit drink and a couple of pieces of homemade wheat bread and that really filled me up tonight. Yesterday started with spaghetti and I don't think that is very filling or stick to the ribs type of food. May totally be other factors (running kills appetite temporarily) but I think I'm going to try to eat beans often for dinner from now on (I like them so no problem). Lots of options: chili, split pea soup, great norther white beans, refried beans (pinto beans), mixed bean soups, etc..
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    You should see a loss today since you had a deficit of that much :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Beans are the best - I eat them almost every day. So yummy and filling...
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Beans are the best - I eat them almost every day. So yummy and filling...

I agree and I'm going to start eating them again, I really miss them :)
  • blambo61
    edited September 2017
    Options
    WEEKLY REPORT

WEIGHT:
    Date........Weight (lbs)......Loss (lbs)......Total Loss (lbs)......4-Wk Ave Loss (lbs)
    09/01/17............211
    09/08/17............209................2......................2
    09/15/17............208................1......................3
    09/22/17............203................5......................8
    09/29/17............201................2....................10........................2.5

EATING:
    28-days straight of no eating tell 5:00 pm or later every day. Ate ad libitum after that.

I do take some starch at 4:00 pm before run but I’m not counting that as eating (it’s my post so I can count it as I want :) ). I need to do that or I will bonk while running. It is about 100-kcals.

EXERCISE:
    Fri: Rest

Sat: Run - easy 5.5-miles on grass at 10:24-min/mile pace

Sun: Rest

Mon: stretch,1-mile warmup run (11:00-min/mile), stretch, 5x50-m strides with walk in-between, rest, stretch,1x1-mile @ 8:34, walk 1/2-mile, 1x1/2-mile @ 7:30-min/mile pace, walk 1/2-mile, 1x1/4-mile @ 6:40 min/mile pace, walk 1/2-mile, jog 1-mile really slow. Did the faster stuff on a treadmill and the warmup and cool-down on a track.

Tues: 3-mile run moderate pace for me (10:00-min/mile). Pre-ran 5k course.

Wed: Rest

Thurs: stretch, 1-mile warmup (11:00 min), rest, stretch, 5x50m strides with walk in-between, rest, stretch, 3.04-miles @ 9:16-min/mile pace (28:10), rest, 2.0-mile cool down. Weather was good but it was a hilly course and I died last mile after going up big hill. Need flat course to break 9:00-min/mile pace. This course was a little short (5k = 3.1-miles)

RBPM: 54 (haven't drank any water this mornign so it is faster than normal, yesterday during the day it was around 45). My heart beats very slow for whatever reason. I've timed it at 41 this past week.

COMMENTS:
    Nothing unusual this week. Still losing! Closing in on sub 200-lbs. Next week I have a boss in town and will need to eat a couple of lunches with him so might not have a good loss week but that is ok, I can just stay with it tell it happens. See ya.
  • Brendalea69
    edited September 2017
    Options
    "I do take some starch at 4:00 pm before run but I’m not counting that as eating (it’s my post so I can count it as I want :)"

Lol too funny, yes you can!!! :D You're doing great!!!
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Wow you're doing great Bob. You really maintained well before and now you're getting great results from fasting till 5. You're blitzing it, congrats :)
  • blambo61
    Options
    Thanks all, to be honest every day is a bit difficult. I'm getting hungry earlier. I used to get hungry at about 1:00 p.m.. Now it seems like about 10:00 a.m.. I think it is because I'm doing more running. The running does give me more of an opportunity to have a deficit though if I don't eat it all back. For the ladies who lose slower than guys due to guys having a higher BMR, if you do a lot of exercise (and don't eat it all back), you can have a large deficit also. Preaching to the choir I know but I don't think it hurts to remind ourselves sometimes.
  • minigrrll
    Options
    I have to confess to not really understanding how these devices calculate RHR - like how on earth can it know you are resting??? Mine always rises during the week:

ym42afenup9h.png

Today you can see it's already above 60. I'm pretty sure my real RHR is closer to 52-55 though. I just take it with a grain of salt...
  • blambo61
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I guess I don't know the standard for reporting resting heart rate. From the chart you posted, the average was reported. I have no idea what my average resting heart rate is. I don't record that. When I run, it is probably in the 130-160 range. When I'm rested in the mornings and haven't run or eaten yet, it can be as low as 38 (was that yesterday) to about an average of 45 or so if I really relax. I'm not sure what it means anyways except that typically the better cardiovascular shape you get in, the lower your heart rate. I think mine is much lower than what it normally would be for the shape I'm in. I have a friend I work with who is 58 and much better shape than me and his heart rate is higher than mine. I actually need to watch mine because my dad had such a low heart rate (high 20's) that he had a minor stroke from it and had to have a pace maker put in. I may have some of his tendencies. I've checked my oxygen levels with an oximeter when having a rate of 45 and my oxygen level was 96 so that was good.
  • blambo61
    Options
    I have to confess to not really understanding how these devices calculate RHR - like how on earth can it know you are resting??? Mine always rises during the week:

ym42afenup9h.png

Today you can see it's already above 60. I'm pretty sure my real RHR is closer to 52-55 though. I just take it with a grain of salt...

You have a good low resting hear rate!
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Way to go Bob. You are a machine now!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Very nice 6-mile run in the foothills this morning. Was beautiful with the leaves turning colors!
  • blambo61
    Options
    I'm having a big feed tonight. Felt like I needed it (it's been building up and I ran early this morning and fasted tell evening which made me very hungry). Took the family to a favorite of ours, "The Asian Buffett". Most of the food there is not "Americanized". I like it as authentic as possible. The place is run by Chinese and all the cooks are Chinese because you see them coming out and putting food out. I've seen two tour buses, one today, of Chinese Nationals show up on their way down from touring Yellowstone and stop there to eat so you know it's pretty good! It's fun to go there also because I speak Chinese (pretty poorly now) having been a missionary in Taiwan for 2-years and also I was a Chinese linguist for the Army National guard afterwards for 6-yrs. My wife was a missionary in Japan (she speaks Japanese) and she really likes Asian food also.

I had a TDEE of about 3300kcals today and I will might over-eat that by a few hundred calories. Worst that can possibly happen to me is a fraction of a lb of fat gain although I will probably weight 5-lbs more in food and water tomorrow. In three days it will be gone as long as I continue fasting. This is the first big feed I've had in a month. I think I will do this once a month. That is it.
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Wow - super interesting about the low heart rate and strokes - I did not know that. Scary.

I've also always had a low heart rate (not as low as yours though) along with pretty low blood pressure. When I'm very fit I have to be pretty careful about the blood pressure and supplement with salt to keep it higher. It's only a little under normal right now because I'm overweight and not very fit!

So cool about you and your wife's time in Asia - I have never been to any of those places but am dying to go. So much of the world to explore and so little time!!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Wow - super interesting about the low heart rate and strokes - I did not know that. Scary.

I've also always had a low heart rate (not as low as yours though) along with pretty low blood pressure. When I'm very fit I have to be pretty careful about the blood pressure and supplement with salt to keep it higher. It's only a little under normal right now because I'm overweight and not very fit!

So cool about you and your wife's time in Asia - I have never been to any of those places but am dying to go. So much of the world to explore and so little time!!

I think Australia would be a very cool place to visit some day!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    It is pretty cool. I have lived here for 10 years though and have seen hardly any of it. I would like to see more. We tend to use up so many holidays going overseas that we never end up being able to travel much here. It kind of sucks. It does make sense to extend international work trips as holidays though as it takes advantage of the free flights...
  • blambo61
    Options
    I always try to stay a little in places I travel to take advantage of the free air fair. You got to see it while your there for sure!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Bought some clothes today and am now officially 36in waist. Was about 43 when started diet. That was nice!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    I go to a place called Asian Garden and all the staff are Chinese and the foods I choose are all Americanized (I'm too chicken to try the real Chinese food so I just stick to what I know I like) So how much did you gain from your big feast?