Bob Lamb - OMAD 9/6/2015

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited September 2017
    10th consecutive day of OMAD. Down 1-lb since start of the week (Fri morn is my weekly reporting time). Nice easy 2.5-mile run today.

I just don't eat tell after 5:00 (it may be as late as 6 or 7). That is what I tell myself. I used to always look forwards to my cheat day but now I'm telling myself that I fast everyday tell at least 5:00. I'm trying to make it the norm instead of a thing I'm doing to lose weight.
  • blambo61
    Down 2-lbs from yesterday! Down 3-lbs so far for the week. I think not having a splurge day really helped.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    That's great!!!
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Shaking things up always works for me.
    Nice going.
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Very nice loss...so rewarding with your extra efforts.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Great progress!!!
  • ooliviuoo
    ooliviuoo Posts: 81 Member
    @blambo61, awesome, congrats !!!!
  • blambo61
    edited September 2017
    Thanks all!

Went archery elk hunting today (better than going to work). Didn't see anything. The forest was really weird quiet. Was beautiful though. Hiked about 5-miles most of it slow but there was some vertical to it. May still try to run a couple of miles tonight since it wasn't as much an effort as a run and today is a run day for me. My feet feel like they've had enough though! I was on them a lot longer than it normally takes to walk 5-miles cause of the pace I was going (going slow and trying to be quiet).

I kept my no-eating tell 5 rule even while hunting today! That surely is a first. I usually eat a lot when i go out like that. Wasn't bad though cause I was hiking slow. I usually gain a lot when I go out but shouldn't this time.
  • brittdee88
    Good job on keeping up with your 5:00 rule even on such a busy day!
  • blambo61
    edited September 2017
    Hiked for about 5-hrs in the mountains today with about a 25-lb pack and did so fasted. I'm tired! I'm getting so I can do a fair amount of physical activity while fasted.

So this Tues I was 206, Wed 207, Thurs??, Fri 208, and this morning was 209! I'm not sure what is going on? I have not eaten tell 5:00 pm or later every day this week and I sure didn't eat enough calories to put on that kind of weight as fat! Hopefully is just water and will be gone soon. I have had more carbs lately and maybe that is it (water storage due to carbs). May have some inflammation due to hiking also. Have a good one all!
  • brittdee88
    Probably a combo of the inflammation and carbs! I know that when I work out really hard, I can always count on gaining. That's when I usually get off the scale and start using clothes as my guide.
  • blambo61
    edited September 2017
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Probably a combo of the inflammation and carbs! I know that when I work out really hard, I can always count on gaining. That's when I usually get off the scale and start using clothes as my guide.

Hope so! Oh, and after my hike today, I weighed 210 (I did drink 7-bottles of water but I sweated a lot too)! Go figure. You would hope that after a 5-hr hike up and down steep mountains with no food that I wouldn't gain a lb! I am sure that lb was due to inflammation and the water I drank.
  • katjustkat
    Oh gosh! So disheartening but...it's gonna all fall off overnight obviously. Your muscles must be holding on to water. Hubby did the whole Colorado trail ( Denver to Durango) last summer. 6 weeks/ 15 miles a day... with a 30 pound pack... minimum altitude like 12k. He said it was hard because you never stayed at a certain altitude...it was up and down all day long. Then...there were thunderstorms and hail storms. Slept in a 1 person tent. He came home pretty slim lol.
  • blambo61
    katjustkat wrote: »
    Oh gosh! So disheartening but...it's gonna all fall off overnight obviously. Your muscles must be holding on to water. Hubby did the whole Colorado trail ( Denver to Durango) last summer. 6 weeks/ 15 miles a day... with a 30 pound pack... minimum altitude like 12k. He said it was hard because you never stayed at a certain altitude...it was up and down all day long. Then...there were thunderstorms and hail storms. Slept in a 1 person tent. He came home pretty slim lol.

That's a hike! When I retire (long ways off), I hope to be able to do some stuff like that!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    That's why I go low carb on my OMAD days.
  • blambo61
    Every day is an OMAD day for me right now and I'm not doing low carb every day. I tried that once and did not like it! I will be carb conscious though!
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    You've made some recent changes, I'd look again after you've logged 2 or 3 weeks of data to see if you're seeing lower peaks and valleys. I recall from your weight graph that your weight does cycle up and down a bit.
  • blambo61
    jvcinv wrote: »
    You've made some recent changes, I'd look again after you've logged 2 or 3 weeks of data to see if you're seeing lower peaks and valleys. I recall from your weight graph that your weight does cycle up and down a bit.

My weight cycling up and down were due to splurge days where I would gain a couple of lbs and then I would lose those and then another lb or so during the rest of the week after the splurge. I haven't had a splurge day for more than a couple of weeks. I will see how it turns out in the next couple of weeks. I was down a lb to 208 this morning. Seems like I can vary a lb or two depending on what /how much I'm eating so I do need to look long term like 2 or 3 weeks to see what is going on. Thanks
  • katjustkat
    Great that you're doing OMAD everyday. That's all that we should expect out of ourselves on here. OMAD will get us where we're going.
  • blambo61
    My stomach is getting smaller from doing OMAD everyday and I'm filling up on less at dinner which is good. Used to take about 1500 cals or so to get full (I then graze for the rest of the evening) but now I think I'm down to about 1200 or so during the first round. My average TDEE is about 2700.