Bob Lamb - OMAD 9/6/2015

Options

Replies

• katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Oooo... I'm going to Colorado for our company retreat (aka alcoholic drink fest) in October - Lyons is the town I think... I wanna see big-horned sheep!!!

HaHa...I would be happy to take you on a hike. It's super easy as it's just about flat. If you go to the end it's like 6 miles...but we can turn around anywhere. It's close to Denver. It hugs the Platte river so it's very picturesque. October can be great weather out or it could snow. You never know in Colorado. It's called Waterton Canyon and it's my favorite walk. Let me know as we get closer if you do want to go. :)
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/waterton-canyon-littleton
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    *whines * I wanna go to Colorado! I've got some brokers there too! The legalization doesn't hurt either lol
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    *whines * I wanna go to Colorado! I've got some brokers there too! The legalization doesn't hurt either lol

Oooo, never though of that aspect of the trip....
  • minigrrll
    edited August 2017
    Options
    katjustkat wrote: »
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Oooo... I'm going to Colorado for our company retreat (aka alcoholic drink fest) in October - Lyons is the town I think... I wanna see big-horned sheep!!!

HaHa...I would be happy to take you on a hike. It's super easy as it's just about flat. If you go to the end it's like 6 miles...but we can turn around anywhere. It's close to Denver. It hugs the Platte river so it's very picturesque. October can be great weather out or it could snow. You never know in Colorado. It's called Waterton Canyon and it's my favorite walk. Let me know as we get closer if you do want to go. :)
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/waterton-canyon-littleton

That would be awesome, but unfortunately I have to hang around with work colleagues (who I love) the whole time. Our time is scheduled all day every day! We do go on a hike pretty much every day though, so maybe will see wildlife. Last year it was in Arizona so all we saw were scorpions and snakes!!
  • katjustkat
    Options

Ha ya we had a huge influx of people moving here which coincided with legalization. Made housing prices skyrocket. Normal people can't afford to buy anymore. Roads are crowded too. Steph if you come to town...I'll be happy to show you around. Sara I'll be here if you get tired of your possee ;)
  • minigrrll
    Options

Ha ya we had a huge influx of people moving here which coincided with legalization. Made housing prices skyrocket. Normal people can't afford to buy anymore. Roads are crowded too. Steph if you come to town...I'll be happy to show you around. Sara I'll be here if you get tired of your possee ;)

Does that mean that pot-smokers make more money than non pot-smokers?!!? :p
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    4.5-mile run (10:06-min/mile pace with a faster last 1/4-mile) and another 2.4 miles of steps today. Projected TDEE of 3010-kcal for the day. Problem is I probably ate most of it back, retirement party at work today and I ate. Hopefully at least I'm raising my metabolism.
  • katjustkat
    Options
    Running....Plus the endorphins you're getting. It's just so great to be outdoors, takes you out of your head. Retirement party eats today will probably dull tomorrows enthusiasm for food. Like...you got yours and mehhh for a few days. Have a great night :)
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options

Sandy, if you came out to Colorado you could be ten feet from these big horned sheep. They are always out on the trail I go one. Kind of scary walking past them but you have to as they share the same gravel path. Lots of deer too within feet.

My gosh, beautiful!!!! Yeah, I'd be intimidated walking past those. Lol

Both of my children have been to Colorado and now my mom and second dad are there. I want to go someday!
  • blambo61
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Good run today (4.5 miles continuous[10:16-min/mile], .25-walk, then 2x200m with 200m recovery inbetween at 5:36 and 5:52-min/mile pace). Walked a total of three miles so far today also. TDEE for the day should be 3000+.

Yesterday I did 20-hr fast. Probably 1st in about 3-weeks. My weight has been going up and when it hit 211 that was a red flag (I don't want to go above 210 ever) so I fasted yesterday and had a very low carb (about 700-cal) meal for dinner last night and that was it (I'v never restricted myself like that before on this diet). Went from 211 yesterday morn to 209 this morn. Ran off of that this morning and it slowed me down about 10-sec per mile but I was able to do it. Had a big salad and some fruit for lunch (about 1000 cals) and am plannning on about 1000 more tonight (pizza night) still should have about a 1000 cal deficit. Hopefully will be 208 tomorrow. Have a good weekend all!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Nice 2-lb drop, Bob! It's amazing how quickly we can just get back on track!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Good job catching yourself before allowing any more weight to creep in, I plan on doing the exact same thing for the rest of my life once I reach goal. Much easier to nip it in the bud right when it happens than to shrug it off. Nice and catch and nice loss!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I hope you have a good weekend also and enjoy that pizza :)
  • katjustkat
    Options
    You're a seasoned pro at this. I hope that I can learn to catch myself and get right back on the horse. Great that you regained your ability to run :)
  • blambo61
    Options
    You're a seasoned pro at this. I hope that I can learn to catch myself and get right back on the horse. Great that you regained your ability to run :)

If a person weighs often, nothing will sneak up on them.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    If a person weighs often, nothing will sneak up on them.

I've never thought of it that way.... good advice! I need to embrace this somehow without getting obsessed about the scale.
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    It is good advice to weigh every day Britt. Do so and you'll soon learn to ignore the day to day fluctuations and instead focus on the trends.
  • katjustkat
    Options
    Yes... good advice...I've definitely learned to be afraid of the scale through the years. I always ate pretty sanely and have been an exercise fiend constantly over the decades...yet the scale hardly ever budged and it inched up 2-3 pounds a year every year. Then the doc said I was insulin resistant and thus OMAD where my body finally could burn some fat. It's the ONLY way I lose weight. Oct 1 I will start weighing every day because I now believe that I can get results...not a RULE but a TOOL :D
  • brittdee88
    Options
    @jvcinv I will give it a try! I did sign up for Trendweight a while back, but I eventually stopped tracking. I will try it again starting tomorrow.
  • blambo61
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Last year out archery elk hunting, I called in a bull moose instead of an elk. I had to waive him off after he got about 20-ft from me. Was pretty cool seeing that. I saw him hiking for the next 1/4-mile or so as our paths kept crossing. He had zero fear of me. He is probably a 4-yr old and is about 3-years from his peak.

cm5jrffqm102.jpg
    9pp0j0pgki95.jpg
    ykj8fu33j8df.jpg
    2ew84odwd19d.jpg