Bob Lamb - OMAD 9/6/2015

Options

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Did not know we burn more fat exercising while in a fasted state?

Does elk taste similar to deer?

I think we do burn more from the reasoning I put forth. Problem is bonking though. I can't do a hard workout without taking something before it after fasting all day.

Elk isn't as gamey as deer (deer out west anyways that eat sagebrush etc.) but I like the gamey taste (some don't). I think more people would like elk as compared to deer because of that. I really like both. It is very lean. He said it was a young cow so should be very tender.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Did not know we burn more fat exercising while in a fasted state?

Does elk taste similar to deer?

I think we do burn more from the reasoning I put forth. Problem is bonking though. I can't do a hard workout without taking something before it after fasting all day.

Elk isn't as gamey as deer (deer out west anyways that eat sagebrush etc.) but I like the gamey taste (some don't). I think more people would like elk as compared to deer because of that. I really like both. It is very lean. He said it was a young cow so should be very tender.

I like the gamey taste in the deer steaks but not so much in the deer burger...Yes it should be tender for sure :smile:
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    OMG fresh elk meat is delicious! I guess we know what you'll be eating for a while!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Ran 2.75-miles and walked 3.5-miles. About 820 calories. I use my GPS watch and set an alarm for the allowed pace I go. I'm slowly increasing the pace and adding distance.
  • blambo61
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Was still 204 this morning. I really need a digital scale to get more resolution on it!

Not a good day. I took a vitamin at about 9:00 am. Was starving by 10 am (I think it was the vitamin). Went and ate lunch cause I was too hungry and couldn't concentrate at work. Had a foot long tuna sandwhich at subways with everything on it (900 cals). That hardly phased me. Then had some nuts and sunflower seeds (about 1000-cals worth), then a hersheys candy bar (300 cals), then some krispy cookies (300 cals) and a diet coke. Finally felt satisfied. Haven't eaten much since been home (couple of tomatoes so the overall day calories wasn't too bad (2700 cals maybe with TDEE of about 2300 so went over a little). I will not eat a vitamin like that on an empty stomach again!

Bob, at least you maintained so that's a plus. You're a machine when it comes to running, any damage you've done will be erased soon. Heck, might even have the scale moving in the down direction. Maybe you needed that massive re-feeding. :)

I can't take vitamins in an empty stomach either. Makes me feel queasy for some reason, probably because there's nothing to soak it up. Lol

Enjoy your Elk meat. Same question as Brenda, is it similar to venison? Or is it more game-y?

That was a "little" re-feading! :)
  • blambo61
    Options
    OMG fresh elk meat is delicious! I guess we know what you'll be eating for a while!

I will be out archery hunting in two weeks for some more. Hope I get lucky!
  • Brendalea69
    Options

I will be out archery hunting in two weeks for some more. Hope I get lucky!

My husband and son archery hunt too but not till November, Good Luck!!!
  • blambo61
    Options
    This last week weight loss was 0-lbs. Stayed about the same. I probably did lose about 1/2-lb but hard to tell on analog scale. Fasted Fri, Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed and had big eating days Sat (family reunion) and Thurs (vitamin deal). I may switch back to running in the mornings for another month or more cause it is still very hot in the afternoons here. If I do, that will effect the diet on run days. I'm ok with it though as long as I'm not gaining and still slowly losing. I'm also having trouble concentrating at work when fasting all day. I will have to figure out what to do about that. Good luck all this next week!
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Happy week Bob! you are in maintenance right? so no major drop is good?
  • blambo61
    Options
    barbheart wrote: »
    Happy week Bob! you are in maintenance right? so no major drop is good?

I still want to lose but I'm probably going to eat early on Mon, Wed, Fri (workout days) and fast on Tues,Thurs, Sun. Saturdays depends on what I'm doing. I should be able to not gain any weight and hopefully lose a little. Thanks.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Well I've found it is hard for me to mix up eating days and fasting days. I'm better at fasting if I'm more consistent. I'm running in the mornings cause it is just too hot to do otherwise. I also find it harder to not eat the more I run. I've been still doing good but the last couple of days a little weight has crept in.

Last week was still at same low of 204. Went archery elk hunting last Saturday and ate a lot that day and have gained a little since then but hover usaully between 204 and 207. Saw one bull elk but I was on the move and spooked him. I had 3-buck dear go single file in front of me at about 7-yrds but I didn't have a deer tag (put in for draw but wasn't successful). Had a lot of fun and hike about 10-miles in the woods. Saw a bull moose on the drive to where I was hunting also. Was really preaty.

I'm up to about 4-miles on my runs which is close to where I was before I got sick.

I will probably just be at maintenance tell a couple of months from now and then when the weather cools, I will run later in the day and that will help a lot with the fasting. Good luck all!
  • blambo61
    edited August 2017
    Options
    At 13.1 miles for the day. Ran 4 this morning and walked .75 miles. Have been on a scout activity moving for 3 hrs or so plus steps during the day. TDEE is about 3400kcals. Ate about 2800 kcals.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh, I would love to see Elk in nature, I've never seen them outside of a zoo. I've seen plenty of deer though. I don't blame you for waiting for cooler weather to return to your regular run times and eating/fasting schedule since you're mostly maintaining. It's unbearably hot and humid in my neck of the woods as well. If I don't get in my walk/sprint intervals before 8 am... forget it, not happening. The sun is too strong anytime after that and it just amplifies the already oppressive heat, lol.

Enjoy the rest of your scout activity!
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    At 13.1 miles for the day. Ran 4 this morning and walked .75 miles. Have been on a scout activity moving for 3 hrs or so plus steps during the day. TDEE is about 3400kcals. Ate about 2800 kcals.

13+ miles! Zounds. Way to go.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    That is a lot of miles for sure!!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Ohhhh, I would love to see Elk in nature, I've never seen them outside of a zoo. I've seen plenty of deer though. I don't blame you for waiting for cooler weather to return to your regular run times and eating/fasting schedule since you're mostly maintaining. It's unbearably hot and humid in my neck of the woods as well. If I don't get in my walk/sprint intervals before 8 am... forget it, not happening. The sun is too strong anytime after that and it just amplifies the already oppressive heat, lol.

@ away from me right now or I'm going to make you sorry! Those things are huge too!!! He hightailed it out of there... Hahahahaha. I was just imagining the headlines "moronic Australian tourist ignores signs and gets mauled by elk"... Doh. At least it wasn't a grizzly!

I am so not looking forward to the heat that is approaching. It's already warming up here, but we can at least go out and walk pretty much all day still... Hate it when it's so hot you can hardly go out after sunrise... ugh

• blambo61
    Options
    Ran 4.25 miles. Little NSV. Motor is getting stronger. Still need to reduce load though (weight) on motor.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Doing great!!!
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options

Sandy, if you came out to Colorado you could be ten feet from these big horned sheep. They are always out on the trail I go one. Kind of scary walking past them but you have to as they share the same gravel path. Lots of deer too within feet.frz78jt1yl6y.jpg
    563yjmfaa4q8.jpg
    efurhn250444.jpg
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Oooo... I'm going to Colorado for our company retreat (aka alcoholic drink fest) in October - Lyons is the town I think... I wanna see big-horned sheep!!!