Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    I'm sure I will. I LOVE vinegar :p

Me tooooooooooo!!! TRYING THIS!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Pickle pops! Now I think that is going a bit too far! I think my wife might be a candidate though.

I think those pops would eat a person's teeth away!
  • blambo61
    edited July 2017
    Options
    barbheart wrote: »
    I do take the 2 tb of acv before my omad meal and nothing happens...
    would fasting a bit more in this state that you are in help actually heal you better/faster? seeing that fasting is a healing tool? have you considered it or else you are ripping the benefits of your fasting window?

How do you know nothing is happening? I don't know what is best for getting better fasting or not. I do know I'm on antibiotics and I need to take them with food so I'm not totally fasting right now. Yesterday, I ate a little bit of sunflower seeds to take my antibiotics but only the pickle juice after.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Pickle pops! Now I think that is going a bit too far! I think my wife might be a candidate though.

I think those pops would eat a person's teeth away!

Lmao! Omg, you sound like my hubby sans the added concern about teeth. Too funny!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Walked 1.4-miles today and that was about all I felt like doing. Still on the mend but getting better!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Met my running goal (break 29-min in 5k) but didn't get weight goal (lose 4-lbs). I actually gained 1-lb. Next month will hopefully be better. I think if I wouldn't have gotten sick and if I delt with scout camp better, I could have come close on the weight and I would probably have broken 28-min for the 5k. Next month!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    There's always next month! Gotta take it easy when you're sick, for sure...
  • blambo61
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »

I actually think I did pretty good. I probably did OMAD maybe less than 10-times and managed to only go up 1-lb and didn't workout for more than a week so for me that shows maintenance is possible!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options

I actually think I did pretty good. I probably did OMAD maybe less than 10-times and managed to only go up 1-lb and didn't workout for more than a week so for me that shows maintenance is possible!

Maintenance is always what worries me the most, so that's great news.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you are on the mend and it's darn awesome you met your running goal despite not feeling 100%! Bob, I've said it before, but I'm so thankful you and others post about your maintenance because your stories inspire others. You're right, a one pound gain is nothing, and especially considering you were sick. :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

For being sick and on antibiotics I'd say you did pretty darn good!!! :)
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Great job on the 5k!!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Actually down to 205 this morning so was no gain for the month. Thanks for all the support!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    YYAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY nice Bob! Glad you're on the mend!
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Good job on maintaining and the 5K through some difficult circumstances.
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    would fasting a bit more in this state that you are in help actually heal you better/faster? seeing that fasting is a healing tool? have you considered it or else you are ripping the benefits of your fasting window?

How do you know nothing is happening? I don't know what is best for getting better fasting or not. I do know I'm on antibiotics and I need to take them with food so I'm not totally fasting right now. Yesterday, I ate a little bit of sunflower seeds to take my antibiotics but only the pickle juice after.

@blambo61 I have been taking acv for years on an empty stomach and I am alive and pretty healthy except my weight. Never sick. So I am assuming nothing "bad" happens when you take it dilluted in water. that´s what I meant how do I know? empiric experience!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Yay! for 5k times, and being on the mend!
  • blambo61
    Options

@blambo61 I have been taking acv for years on an empty stomach and I am alive and pretty healthy except my weight. Never sick. So I am assuming nothing "bad" happens when you take it dilluted in water. that´s what I meant how do I know? empiric experience!

That is one data point which is encouraging. Each person is different though and also I'm sure it matters how much you take.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Well I'm still a little sick and hacking up green stuff from the lungs still. Got some new antibiotics today to see if it will help. I'm missing a hike with the scouts tomorrow that we had planned all year. Mt. Timpanogos in the Wasatch Mts in Utah, US. The summit is 11,752 ft high (3582m). The hike is about 14-miles (22.5km) round-trip with an elevation gain of 4,390ft (1338m). Starting elevation is 7360ft (2243m). I'm super bummed about that but can't do anything about it. I will just need to get better and will get other opportunities in the future. Have a good one all.