Bob Lamb - OMAD 9/6/2015

Options

Replies

• jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    8:28! you're a serious runner at that clip.
    great job on hitting the 50 pounds lost mark.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Thanks all for the kind words! Believe it or not, I was down another 1b this morning to 205! That is the lowest I've been since starting this diet. The good thing is, I'm hitting this low not after a long push, but after just getting going again so I feel like I have some mental reserve left to keep going! Hopefully I can make some more progress. Good luck all. This next week will probably not be a good weight loss week with the 4th of July holiday and all but I will see what I can do.
  • blambo61
    edited June 2017
    Options
    jvcinv wrote: »
    8:28! you're a serious runner at that clip.
    great job on hitting the 50 pounds lost mark.

It really is a turtle pace still but I'm trying and improving which is all that matters to me! Thanks
  • blambo61
    Options
    Had a busy day today. Got up early and ran 4.25-miles. I like to go slow the first half and then go hard the second half speeding up and slowing down (fartlek). Then went and shot 18-holes of golf with my son. We rode carts or I would have died! I'm resting now and then have to go work on some sprinklers in the back yard. I think I will have a TDEE of over 3500 kcals today which is good cause there is an awful lot of food over here this weekend. I need to watch it!
  • blambo61
    Options
    I meant I might get over 4500 TDEE today! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Bob on the 50lb milestone :smiley: KUTGW!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Great job on the new low...
  • blambo61
    Options
    Met my July goal of breaking 29:00 for a 5k. Ran a 28:14 this morning at a local 4th of July 5k (9:06-min/mile pace). I'm pretty happy with that especially since it had some long up-hill grades to it. Will be going for under 28:00 now. Have a good one!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, Bob! You are just kicking butt left and right with your runs. You must be on cloud nine. :)
  • blambo61
    Options
    I'm very happy with today's run, thanks!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on meeting your goal!!! :)
  • blambo61
    Options
    Well gained some over the last week (about 2.5-lbs although I've been doing 16:8 and could probably get rid of at least 1-lb of that when I get back to OMAD) and next week I will be at scout camp which isn't very conducive for weight loss. I know no one is holding a gun to my head making me eat but it is a difficult situation. I will probably wait tell I get back so weight loss for me this month is going to be maintenance I think. My foot is hurting a little and I hope it won't derail my running. It's mid-foot on my 5th toe on left foot. I've had stress problems there before. Will need to run on grass from now on and hope can get past it. Good luck all.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Very strange, woke up today 3-lbs lighter than yesterday. Did have a small eating day yesterday. I must have been retaining water/waste. I'm back to 205 and even from before last week so I actually am back to where I was! Still have scout camp next week though that could have an impact. Have a good week all.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    That's great, Bob!!
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Well done Bob... haven´t read all your thread did you drop all of that only with OMAD or fasting more days in a row?
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Gotta love those unexpected losses!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Nice overnight loss, and good luck at camp and with your foot :)
  • blambo61
    Options
    barbheart wrote: »
    Well done Bob... haven´t read all your thread did you drop all of that only with OMAD or fasting more days in a row?

I've never done the extended fasting and I ate during a 3-hr window when I ate. I ate tell full and then I would snack as desired. That may not work for a lot of people though. You would have to experiment and see. It was a way for me to still have a calorie deficit. If I would have ate too much calories, it would not have worked. Good luck!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Got back from scout camp today. Man that was busy! We went to camp Bartlett which is just to the north west of Bear Lake in Idaho. Was right at around 7000 ft elevation. Was very pretty with a nice little lake there. We had a lot of fun. I was the adult over all the food so it was helping the scouts get one meal ready, cleaning up for it and then staring another meal shortly thereafter (we rotated with two different groups of scouts but I was always there). I had to spend a bit more time in camp cause of that while a couple of other adult leaders were out with the boys more. I still got out and had a lot of fun though and shot some rifle, hiked, canoed, swam, and played some outdoor games. We walked a LOT (and didn't sleep a lot)! The camp is spread out and my steps showed I went from Mon-Sat about 9.9, 14.8, 11.6, (my watch just ran out of juice), 9?, 10?, and probably 5?-miles today. Feet hurt a bit at the end of the day there. I did run a 5k early Tues morn there that was one of the activities.

I ate a lot, not much snacking at all, but 3 very big meals each day. I thought about fasting but I didn't want to bonk (and torture myself by being over all the food every meal for about 16-people average) and I calculated that with a TDEE of about 3200-cals a day and eating about 4000 or more cals a day that the worst that would happen would be about a 2-lb fat gain. I weighed myself after I got back this afternoon and I came out even so no fat gain at all! Was glad for that! Well that's probably more than enough. I will have to get caught up reading other posts. bye!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    That is great Bob. You had fun, didn't restrict yourself and didn't gain...Win/Win