Bob Lamb - OMAD 9/6/2015

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Thanks all
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Aww, sorry about your injury. What an absolutely wonderful chart of your weight loss! Congratulations for your continued downward trend, regardless of the slow times, you're still on your way in the right direction!
  • blambo61
    Ran 3.75-miles at 9:40 min/mile pace today. I little bit of an improvement. Achilles still bothering me some but am able to run still. Fasted from 1300 yesterday tell tonight including the run this morning. That was about 29-hrs and the run, if converted to bmr hours (90cals/hr is my bmr rate) was worth about 7-hrs so maybe equivalent to 36-hrs calorie-wise. Was thinking about doing an extended fast but decided not to. Good enough this time.
  • blambo61
    edited June 2017
    4-mile run today (9:57 pace), felt good. Still fighting achilles issue. Have some gout in right shoulder (arggg!). Maybe the problem with achilles also. Lost 1-lb this week, yea! TDEE for the day is about 3100 cals, anything under that should be weight lost. Will shoot for about 2500 cals for a 500 cal deficit.
  • wsandy8512
    Bob, yay on the -1! Is it good, bad or doesn't it matter one way or the other to run with achilles pain? Nice TDEE you have there, btw. :-)
  • blambo61
    edited June 2017
    I am trying to run not hard, no hills and not fast, and see if I can train through it and get better. It will work or it will get worse. I will have to wait and see. I'm hoping it won't get worse. It very well could and maybe I should just give it a rest but it hasn't hurt much after the runs (except for today!) so I will take it day by day and see. I really do think gout is aggravating it. I've had lots of problems with that this last year. Being fat causes gout, losing weight causes gout. Gout makes it hard to workout. Not working out makes it hard for me to lose weight. A vicious circle!

Certain types of achilles pain you definitely shouldn't run with, this feels like I can take the chance without causing me big problems.
  • blambo61
    Eating lot of bing cherries off of our backyard tree. Yum!
  • wsandy8512
    I so love cherries!!

I had no idea that losing weight causes gout, wow. Geez, that sucks. :-(
  • blambo61
    From what I've read keytones (produced when metabolizing fat) compete with uric acid for elimination by the kidneys. If I lose fast, it seems I have more gout problems.
  • blambo61
    I've lost 1-lb for the week so far and am down to 207 (45-lbs lost). Yea!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Way to go! Awesome job
  • wsandy8512
    Woohoo, Bob!
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Good job, another pound to the good!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    You got this :)
  • blambo61
    edited June 2017
    Ran 4.0-miles this morning at just under 10:00-min/mile (fastest miles was 9:11) and walked a couple more during the day.

Made it to about 3:30 at work and needed something to eat cause I couldn't concentrate even though I wasn't very hungry. So I ate some peanuts (1200-cals worth)! Well I will let that be a big part of my dinner. I don't have any coconut oil at work right now and I would have made it if I would have had some and would have only put down maybe 160-cals or so. I've had a few days in the past where I ate a bunch of peanuts like that and I actually ate less calories for the day than I would have if I hadn't eaten them (2200 cals vs 2500 or so) and it did not have a bad effect on the scale the next day and it actually seemed to help on the scale! Anyways, I will get some coconut oil and see if I can't make it to the end of the day. It is harder after running in the morning and then fasting all day.
  • OmadRyback
    OmadRyback Posts: 45 Member
    1 pound in one week is worth celebrating! Just think if you keep that up how many more pounds you will loose by the end of the year! What part of your journey did the running kick in?

Great choice of fat the coconut oil is. I believe that type of fat bypasses the gallblader giving it a rest. If i'm not mistaken it for some other fat. If I were in your shoes I would use coconut oil to fuel my runs as well. With my current body fat percentage I try to avoid fats in order to burn fats from my body and not on my plate. I still have fats I just don't go out of my way to add grass fed butter to my coffee (would break my fast) or other fats to my meal besides the fat that is already in my food.
  • blambo61
    Since it is summer, I run in the mornings and I run fasted and don't need coconut oil or anything else. I fast after that tell dinner if I can. I've been running or at least walking through all of this. I've had a lot of gout issues though and have had a lot of disruptions to the running.

When it is not summer, I have used coconut oil to run after work after a long fast and it has worked well. I've also used UCAN superstarch which works really well but is expensive. I don't add fats just to eat fats but I will eat them before carbs if I have extra meals cause I don't think they shut off losing fat as much and they satisfy hunger instead of making it worse by eating carbs. I kind of go keto style during the day if I have extra meals and allow carbs in the evenings. I've been able to maintain well doing that while having extra meals.
  • blambo61
    edited June 2017
    Did a hard hike with the scouts to the top of Bair Canyon in the Wasatch Mountains. We were slow and were on the trail for about 10-hrs. Gained about 4500ft elevation in about 4.5-miles going up and then came back down. Very tired. It was hot at the end also. The last part of the accent was very steep.
  • wsandy8512
    I love seeing your activity posts in here. What an amazing hike and adventure! I could probably do a nice hike like that in a hot, dry heat... hot and humid though? Nope! I would die. lol
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    You are very active, Mr. Lamb.