Bob Lamb - OMAD 9/6/2015

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    You are very active, Mr. Lamb.

I like to be active. I've done scouts for a lot of years and it is MUCH better doing these hikes at 207 than 247! My heart never felt like it was pounding hard like it did before when I would do this (not coming out of my chest like before). I was the 1st adult to the top (some of the kids beat me) and that was nice also. I used to be the last guy up. Losing weight has been very good to me and OMAD has been a HUGE part of that! So thanks!
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    That is impressive and takes real fitness.
    I hope some day to be able to take up hiking, hitting trails and small hills. It just seems like the perfect activity for body and mind.
  • blambo61
    jvcinv wrote: »
    That is impressive and takes real fitness.
    I hope some day to be able to take up hiking, hitting trails and small hills. It just seems like the perfect activity for body and mind.

You are running and your weight is low so I don't see why you couldn't do that now unless there are no mountains close by. It is very nice and I love getting into the mountains. Good luck!
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    blambo61 wrote: »
    You are running and your weight is low so I don't see why you couldn't do that now unless there are no mountains close by. It is very nice and I love getting into the mountains. Good luck!
    I could yes it's only a matter of seeking out the right location and working it in the schedule. No mountains near me, I'd settle for a nice hilly wooded trail. It's on my to do list for sure.

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I need to go for a hike soon, I'm almost out of Chaga...I have hiking shoes so I have no excuse not to go :p
  • blambo61
    jvcinv wrote: »
    I could yes it's only a matter of seeking out the right location and working it in the schedule. No mountains near me, I'd settle for a nice hilly wooded trail. It's on my to do list for sure.

If your out in Utah and want to go for a hike, let me know.
  • blambo61
    Got a bit hungry today at 3:00pm so had a little bit of coconut oil. Got me through. I haven 't done that in a long time. I think that is a good trick when needed.
  • blambo61
    I need to go for a hike soon, I'm almost out of Chaga...I have hiking shoes so I have no excuse not to go :p

What is this chaga stuff again? Is that the mushroom stuff that grows on trees? Is it good? Is there stuff like it that can kill a person? I like gathering wild stuff but I wont do mushrooms cause I'm afraid I may get myself killed.
  • Brendalea69
    edited June 2017

What is this chaga stuff again? Is that the mushroom stuff that grows on trees? Is it good? Is there stuff like it that can kill a person? I like gathering wild stuff but I wont do mushrooms cause I'm afraid I may get myself killed.

No you wont get yourself killed, it's not that kind of mushroom :p

Heres a link that will explain what it is and its benefits http://urbol.com/chaga-mushroom/

Here's a link to tell how to make Chaga Tea http://www.fiddleheadheaven.com
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    I take the Chaga capsules
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Whew, glad you ladies chimed in, we don't want Bob dying from poisonous mushrooms!
  • Brendalea69

Where do you get them?
  • Brendalea69
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Whew, glad you ladies chimed in, we don't want Bob dying from poisonous mushrooms!

:D
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member

Where do you get them?

I order them from Total Life Changes, I am a distributor. www.totallifechanges.com/personalsuccess

xfia5gujte3y.png

• Brendalea69
    edited June 2017

Where do you get them?

I order them from Total Life Changes, I am a distributor. www.totallifechanges.com/personalsuccess

xfia5gujte3y.png

Oh thanks, now I know where I can get them if I can't find any more Chaga on the trees up here in NH :)
  • blambo61
    Lost 1-lb for the week. Down to 206. 46-lbs lost on OMAD and 50-lbs lost total.

Ran at lunch today and did a mile on the track. Ran it moderately hard and went 8:28 which is good for me especially since I've been running slow lately cause of achilles tendon concerns. Felt it a little in the achilles after but I think I'm fine. Warmed up a mile, ran the hard mile, and cooled down with some slow jogging.

I found out something interesting to me, usually when I run in the mornings, I have a hard time fasting tell dinner. After this run, about an hour later, I had a scoop of whey protein in water (120 kcals, 24-g protein). An hour after that I had another scoop. I also did a scoop of UCAN superstarch before the run so I wouldn't risk bonking. So I made it to dinner and only had 300 cals in me. That is really good cause it normally is 1400-1800 if I start eating after a morning run. I may switch to afternoon running just to take advantage of this. It was way easier than what I've been doing. Cheers all!
  • blambo61
    Also after work, I went grocery shopping and I felt really good walking around the store. I think that protein really helps!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Very nice, Bob! Fifty pounds is a wonderful loss! Good deal finding out about the whey protein and starch. It certainly wouldn't hurt to try your run in the afternoons and see how it goes.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Awesome milestone, congrats on the loss!!
  • Brendalea69
    Good job!!! I had achilles tendonitis a few years ago (very painful) and I could barely walk and it took quite a long time to heal...Im glad yours is better and you can run again :)