Bob Lamb - OMAD 9/6/2015

Options

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Actually looking back at numbers and I may have gained 1 maybe even two lbs. I have a lot of food in my right now though and should go down a couple in the next couple of days. I need to keep better records.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Bob, how fun! Not only did you have a nice trip, but you had a great time and it sounds to me like you were in control of your eating, even if you did end up gaining a bit. I really admire you and how you've gone about maintenance. You have loosened up a bit, yet you're still mindful--which is something I never practiced any time I lost weight, though I haven't reached a goal since I was 26 years old, 21 years ago, yikes! Anyway, keep up the awesome job and it's great when people like yourself and Brenda continue to post in here about your maintenance life as it is very inspiring to me, and others as well, I am sure. :-)
  • x3nomorph
    x3nomorph Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    damn, I'm jealous, all those fun outdoors activities... is there anything better for a kid than being a part of a scouts troop?
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I was in Guides as a kid and my mum was a Cub leader (those are the Canadian names from the 80s - not sure if they are the same in the US) - good times for sure. I was just saying to my partner on the weekend when we were camping that I just realised how much I actually learnt on all those camps and hikes etc. You don't even really know what you know until you realise that other people don't have that knowledge.

The thing that made it clear to me this weekend was that even though my partner can light a fire, he does it more by brute force than actually building it in a way that is pretty much guaranteed to burn. With Guides we often went on hikes in the winter in the snow and had to light fires with one match - none of this butane can with a flame thrower attached to the top of it business!!!
  • blambo61
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    I was in Guides as a kid and my mum was a Cub leader (those are the Canadian names from the 80s - not sure if they are the same in the US) - good times for sure. I was just saying to my partner on the weekend when we were camping that I just realised how much I actually learnt on all those camps and hikes etc. You don't even really know what you know until you realise that other people don't have that knowledge.

The thing that made it clear to me this weekend was that even though my partner can light a fire, he does it more by brute force than actually building it in a way that is pretty much guaranteed to burn. With Guides we often went on hikes in the winter in the snow and had to light fires with one match - none of this butane can with a flame thrower attached to the top of it business!!!

Hardcore! I like it!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Well today was my first attempt at OMAD in about 10 days. It was rough. I had some brownies last night at a birthday party which probably didn't help either. I was hungry by 9:00 am! I decided to have a scoop of whey protein and water (120-cals) at 9:00 and then again at 2:00 pm and then had a little bit of coconut oil at 2:30. Total cals was about 300. Made it to home where I'm now enjoying a nice salad! Wasn't perfect but better than eating 3-bags of peanuts at about 900 cals which would have probably been the other eating option. Will keep giving it a go tell get back at it. I may try the protein thing on my exercise days which I've not been trying to do OMAD on to see where that gets me.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I missed your post yesterday some how?!?!?!
    Anyway my first OMAD day was yesterday too and it is hard coming off from 4 feasting days to just one LC meal but I did it and am just 3 hours from my next one...Good luck, We got this :)
  • OmadRyback
    OmadRyback Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I agree we got this! :) Love reading about your vacation! We can do a great deal of good for our bodies by allowing it to relax every once and awhile. It is easier to stick with it in the long run that way. OMAD has a way of making our bodies not feel the effects of an extreme diet while at the same time getting the results of one. :)
  • blambo61
    Options
    Today was a lot better. I ran 4.25-miles this morning and when I do that, I usually opt for the 16:8 routine cause it is usually too hard to fast concentration wise while at work. I did cheat a little and took some of my UCAN superstarch (slow release carb that doesn't spike insulin) to see what would happen (I've tried this with protein powder and coconut oil). I did well and made it to the end of the day with only eating about 200-cals. My TDEE today will be close to 3000-cal so I've got a lot of wiggle room tonight to get a good deficit.
  • barbheart
    barbheart Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Wow seems your metabolism is working and you didnt gain much during your 10 non OMAD days! amazing!...
    :)
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    3k TDEE is insane!!! Awesome job!
  • gomissfitnes
    gomissfitnes Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Big difference in your pictures! Vey nice
  • blambo61
    Options
    I'm sick today. Bummer! Had a slight fever and was up most the night. I pushed it way too hard the last two weeks. Sometimes the first indication you get something is wrong it is too late. I need to be prudent and establish practices that will safeguard me or its almost certain I will get sick or injured. I do try to do that but didn't get anywhere near the amount of sleep I needed the last two weeks.

l'm back to where I was weight wise before scout camp (206) so that is good. I was going to do a 5k tomorrow but that is out and a week from tomorrow we are supposed to go on a big hike so I need to recover for that.

I don't think I will try to fast tell dinner on my workout days (Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat). I was able to do that this last week but it takes up way too much mental capital while I'm trying to work. I will do the OMAD routine (21:3 for me) on Tue, Thurs, and Sun and will do a 16:8 the other days with a goo salad for lunch.

Yesterday at about 2pm I was crazy hungry (cause of fasting day before after workout and not eating enough Wed night) and I had to eat cause I couldn't concentrate at work. Plus I was a little sick and it just wasn't happening. In those situations, if I have to eat, I will try to go low carb and I did by eating a bunch of peanuts. Yes those have a lot of cals but their satiating effect lasts into the evening for me and I don't eat as much at night so it doesn't cause me much problems whereas if I would have binged on sugary stuff, I would have been really hungry into the evening. The peanuts didn't stop me from getting to 206 this morning so I think that was a good choice. Have a good one all!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Big difference in your pictures! Vey nice

Thanks, nice not having a big gut anymore!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Very, very nice Bob! You know yourself and your body and you're kicking butt! Love how you held yourself off with peanuts, and still were back down today. Hope you feel better soon. :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    I like that plan Bob! I'm a big advocate of listening to your body and adjusting as you need to. Sounds like you're pretty good at that so I have a feeling you'll do great :-D
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome plan, Bob! I have been thinking about this, too, because when I start working out, my appetite goes through the roof. I hope you feel better soon and will recover nicely in time for the hike.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Take it easy Bob and I hope you're feeling better soon o:)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Bummer indeed! Have you tried using resting heart rate as an indication of when you are pushing it too hard? (Of course, you'd need a watch that tracks HR...)
  • blambo61
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    Bummer indeed! Have you tried using resting heart rate as an indication of when you are pushing it too hard? (Of course, you'd need a watch that tracks HR...)

I didn't push it too hard running. I pushed it too hard with not sleeping. I have a smart watch I use when running and I do limit the pace I go to avoid overdoing it. It has a heart rate strap that goes with it also but I like using speed to slow me down (doesn't work well when going uphill though). Thanks for the idea!

Whoops, you said resting heart rate so I assume you mean in between runs. I always check my heart rate. It's a habit I've had since I ran track as a teenager. My heart normally beats very slowly and this week I've measured it down to 43-beats/min. That is normal for me when rested (I must have been rested somewhat i guess) and when I'm fasting. As soon as I eat something, it goes up to about 55-beats/min. A couple hours after running it will be about 60 beats/min while fasted. I do have to watch it cause my mind wants to do things my body can't!